Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 186598 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2012, 05:14:32 AM »
Wish they'd be "THE" "KING" of Netcodes instead.

Anyways, seriously, if SNK can't do something substantial next year for Samsho's 30th anniversary, I'm officially bombing their offices and breaking all their stupid pachinko machines.

Wouldn't that be counter-intuitive?

Makes no difference if they weren't going to do anything to begin with. It's not like a give a fuck about them porting their old games 'til the end of time.

As long as it doesn't make KOF play like Arc games. I love Arc games, but I've always wondered and maybe figured that how they play has to do with why it's a good netcode.

I doubt it, though it's possible for BB since it's pretty damn slow compared to all their other efforts. I'm sure SNK can come up with something decent but they're going to have to take the netcode into consideration from the get go. Which is something that they're not really experienced with.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:18:43 AM by Proto Cloud »

Krusan

• Strongest Tiger
  • H!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2012, 08:55:36 AM »
Thanx for the answer, Solidshark. Do you know if it matters if your opponent has all the DLC chars? It is REALLY strange, because I´ve played more than 100 matches in the last week with random select and those 5 chars are the only ones that have never been selected randomly. I too would like that random selection included color edits.

I'm not sure Krusan. I've never been able to tell which opponents did or didn't have all the DLC and unlocked characters unless they picked them. But I don't think it's uncommon to miss those 5 characters, even in random character selecting over 100 times.

I´m still not sure about it. 100 matches = 300 chars. I would understand 5 of them not being randomly selected, while the chances wouldn´t be very high, but this 5 being the 2 unlockables and the 3 DLC seems too suspicious to me. Guess we won´t be sure till we really test it. Thanx, anyway.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2012, 01:50:05 PM »
I think this is relevant: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57501699-93/time-warner-cable-invests-$25m-to-build-1gbps-fiber-network/

Who knows, maybe in the next 5 years or so we will finally have internet like Asia and 13 can be finally be gdlk online ;) .
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2012, 04:36:48 PM »
That's only if the cable companies don't feel like finding ways of still screwing us over anyway.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2012, 08:52:43 PM »
Would anybody have a problem if SNKP made their fighter 2.5d's or experimented with other methods thats not sprite?

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
they've done 3d backgrounds before, why not in 14?
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »
Would anybody have a problem if SNKP made their fighter 2.5d's or experimented with other methods thats not sprite?

Not everyone was excited over Maximum Impact. Not to mention, it'd be a waste of the sprites they already crafted.

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 29, 2012, 10:08:23 PM »
I'm talking about after 14 or something.... onpar with (MVC3 and BF)

All the sprite they made so far all have a 3d model that they drew over to make them, it took them 4 f-ing years to give us a good game something is really wrong with them

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 29, 2012, 10:38:35 PM »
I don't think there's something wrong with a game taking 4 years to lay the foundation. I think games that just get popped out have developers that have poor sense of judgement.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2012, 12:10:29 AM »
I don't think we need a new kof every year now. Right now there are two three things i want from snkp for this particular series; 1. some characters that where unfortunately left out 2. a better netcode so the series get's a good chance to grow even more (and me to play more ofc) 3. to see what new mechanics etc they want to bring into the series. These three points should be seen to with kof 14 therefor it doesn't matter if they take a couple of years.

Btw, Kof 12 was amazing graphically, it was just an underdeveloped game. The sprites are absolutely not to blame. With that said though, it's ok if they make another series that goes the 2.5 D route, but then obviously characters would have to be converted to 2d anyways if they are to make it into kof.

2d really is snkp's shtick now, they do it better than all the competition so throwing away such a key design element would be stupid at this point since 2d is actually rare and pretty much considered art when done well.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2012, 12:13:29 AM »

I for one would mind!!!!!! 2d sprites are much better than 2.5d boxes and cell shaded crap. KoF XIII sprites are the best sprites IMO since they were in XII. The reason I bought XII is the sprites.

NO STRIKERS ALSO PLEASE!!!!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2012, 12:27:59 AM »

I woudn't mind so much. Still waiting for a KOF MI3 myself. As long as their 2.5D don't replace their sprite work, I have no objections.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2012, 03:13:21 AM »

I woudn't mind so much. Still waiting for a KOF MI3 myself. As long as their 2.5D don't replace their sprite work, I have no objections.

I'd be happier if a MI3 was to have cel-shaded graphics to make it feel like the 2D games, unlike the last two's realistic style.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2012, 04:11:38 AM »
3D backgrounds have never looked particularly good in the 2D KOF's. For example KOF99 for Dreamcast and the 02UM backgrounds have this weird 3D effect that just doesn't look right.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2012, 04:22:44 AM »
unlike the last two's realistic style.

Nothing all that realistic about the MI games style really. They looked like Dead Or Alive, which is (or was rather) anime as fuck.

What they need to do is amp up the graphics and animation to the level of modern Virtua Fighter or Tekken.

I actually think if there was gonna be a new MI game, it should be more like a 3D fighting game from a mobility stand point, but have the elements of a 2D fighting game like KOF.

That was one of the problems MI had, it tried too hard to be a 2D fighter instead of a 3D fighter. So it's kinda half assed.

Then you have Samurai Shodown Sen which is... this isn't Samurai Shodown at all anymore.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 04:25:10 AM by Running Wild »