Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 186691 times)

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile

KoF 4 EVA

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #331 on: September 18, 2012, 10:27:15 PM »
They censored Mai.

As nice as this looks, I don't really understand the point of censorship... especially for someone such as Mai.

As for arcade/console productions, SNKP should have something figured by the holidays.

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #332 on: September 18, 2012, 10:36:00 PM »
Er, speaking of which; I recall that there was a discussion going on with Terry and having SNKP create a "EX version" of him.
It might be reasonable if SNKP created EX versions of many other characters, much like they did for KOF98 and KOF02UM. For example, Ryo's qcf+A/C will cause him to shoot a actual projectile at his opponent rather than a flash punch with its great hit box. King will naturally use Double Strike like she did in her past game, possess an anti-air but lose a few other moves and such... something that will balance her out.
Duo gets his Rekka mix-ups back but loses something else of his... he could get his teleport kick from 03 as well...
Those are just examples. The characters would have a EX version of themselves. They may have a different move set altogether or perhaps they have the same move that "works differently". They could lose a few of their traits as well. EX versions of the said characters might be nice, without causing too much chaos or affecting the game balance.

There is still room for optional DLC as well so that players are given a chance to extend their game play options more - players LOVE options and they LOVE their characters. They want to use these characters in order to win and they will have options of either the XIII version of the said characters they want to with... or an EX version in order to make a slight (or big) adjustment to their game play. More tools to plays with. More innovation. More fun in tournaments... just like 98...

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 18, 2012, 10:57:52 PM »

Mai looks pretty sweet like this.

It's probably gonna take time to bring out their next game, just like with KOF XII/XIII, especially if you're looking for the same kind of quality. It's odd how KOF and SF sort of switched places for a while; KOF got a once-every-few/five-years release schedule, but now SF4 is getting yearly updates (thought of the same exact game). I'd rather play what's good now instead of playing and really pining for then next unreleased fighter.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #334 on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:43 PM »
I still think characters individual movelists should be beefed up first. I think every character should retain all of their best moves/properties, rather than splitting them up into a separate character, especially for cases like Ryo, King, Duo Lon, etc. They just need more moves.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 18, 2012, 11:39:28 PM »
EX versions aren't necessary for much of the cast. I can only think of Terry, Ralf, and maybe, maybe Ryo. Everyone else seems pretty fleshed out.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 18, 2012, 11:53:37 PM »
This is depressing. They found out about making easy money on apple devices and no future arcade/console game news:(

I am okay with this, provided that the games are good.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 19, 2012, 12:25:55 AM »

This makes me think something like "KoF SamSho Version"...  :)   I dont know why!...  :p

KoF 4 EVA

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #338 on: September 19, 2012, 01:46:46 AM »
Terry just need Power Dunk+Break. Ralf just needs his SAB, and maybe Ralf Charge. Ryo really needs his Renbuken and Moko Raijin Setsu.

No need for an additional version of those characters.

Only character that warrants an EX version imo is Robert and his charge style from 99/00 and NGBC.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 19, 2012, 03:17:42 AM »
What about A KOF all star in 2002 engine adding every single character from 94 to XIII?:P Seriously that would be a dream but also a pain is the ass to balance it lol.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 19, 2012, 03:33:39 AM »
Ewe. I hated Charge version Robert. That was disgusting. Heirdern with fireball inputs was pretty funny though.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 19, 2012, 05:14:04 AM »
It's probably gonna take time to bring out their next game, just like with KOF XII/XIII, especially if you're looking for the same kind of quality. It's odd how KOF and SF sort of switched places for a while; KOF got a once-every-few/five-years release schedule, but now SF4 is getting yearly updates (thought of the same exact game). I'd rather play what's good now instead of playing and really pining for then next unreleased fighter.

That's fine, but SNK has been doing jackshit besides pachinko machines. Great fucking company. At least Capcom has more than 0 new games coming out this year.

Maybe SNK can join Sega and Hudson into hell.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 19, 2012, 05:58:06 AM »

That's fine, but SNK has been doing jackshit besides pachinko machines. Great fucking company. At least Capcom has more than 0 new games coming out this year.

i could've swore you said you were never gonna post here again

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #343 on: September 19, 2012, 05:59:41 AM »
Ewe. I hated Charge version Robert. That was disgusting.

Charge Robert is amazing dude, especially his slide command normal. NGBC Robert was also really cool.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 19, 2012, 07:17:52 AM »

Can I give you the nickname Schleprock?
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"