Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 186764 times)

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #480 on: October 14, 2012, 01:33:18 PM »
Their silence is horrible!!

Def. cannot understand...  :/

KoF 4 EVA

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #481 on: October 14, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »
It could potentially be funding for another console patch for CLIMAX.

It better be funding for better netcode.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

azunadrop

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 14, 2012, 03:28:25 PM »
You and me both. :(

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 14, 2012, 08:23:37 PM »
I'm hoping on that and SNKP finally porting the UM games and NGBCHD to PSN and maybe Steam.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 15, 2012, 02:38:57 AM »
I'm hoping on that and SNKP finally porting the UM games and NGBCHD to PSN and maybe Steam.

Or picking up speed/finishing their NGS porting to PSN.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 15, 2012, 03:27:02 AM »
It could potentially be funding for another console patch for CLIMAX.

It better be funding for better netcode.

SNK Funding Netcode?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 15, 2012, 03:33:37 AM »

SNK Funding Netcode?

Quit using those corny-ass meme pictures, please.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 15, 2012, 04:52:43 AM »

SNK Funding Netcode?

Quit using those corny-ass meme pictures, please.

Then quit asking for better netcode please.  We both know that SNK isn't going to do shit about the netcode.  If they do, I'll be there to support it, but I know they aren't going to fix shit.  They lucked into it or stumbled into it with the second/third batch of Neo Geo station games, but that was honestly a fluke.  SNK giving good netcode?  Sounds Greek to me brother.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 15, 2012, 05:22:57 AM »
Then quit asking for better netcode please.  We both know that SNK isn't going to do shit about the netcode.  If they do, I'll be there to support it, but I know they aren't going to fix shit.  They lucked into it or stumbled into it with the second/third batch of Neo Geo station games, but that was honestly a fluke.  SNK giving good netcode?  Sounds Greek to me brother.

I understand the frustration, but it never/rarely hurts to ask for something. It shouldn't be considered a fluke of them making good netcode; despite all slow improvements from one title to the next, they're there. We're hoping just like you that it's satisfying for most sooner or later.

So here's to hoping you're wrong later on.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 15, 2012, 05:36:14 AM »
  They lucked into it or stumbled into it with the second/third batch of Neo Geo station games, but that was honestly a fluke.  SNK giving good netcode?  Sounds Greek to me brother.

I think those PSN releases were worked on by Chinese contractors. I can't prove this but it makes sense when you think about it.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #490 on: October 15, 2012, 06:24:52 AM »
  They lucked into it or stumbled into it with the second/third batch of Neo Geo station games, but that was honestly a fluke.  SNK giving good netcode?  Sounds Greek to me brother.

I think those PSN releases were worked on by Chinese contractors. I can't prove this but it makes sense when you think about it.

The people who did those ports were m2 a japanese company that specializes in emulation of old titles.  They are great at what they do, but it surprises me that snk paid a premium for them when backbone would have been cheaper.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 15, 2012, 07:09:39 AM »
SNKP can acquire better netcode for games if they can either afford to produce it (or have someone else do it), or create a game around the mediocre one they already have. If they want to hang with the other gaming companies that are releasing fighters with good netplay, they will seriously need to find a way to improve that.

Why couldn't you just post that initially instead of posting up that huge picture?

You are entitled to disagree with anyone's viewpoint, opinions or thoughts, but please do so respectfully.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 15, 2012, 08:33:02 AM »
SNKP can acquire better netcode for games if they can either afford to produce it (or have someone else do it), or create a game around the mediocre one they already have. If they want to hang with the other gaming companies that are releasing fighters with good netplay, they will seriously need to find a way to improve that.

Why couldn't you just post that initially instead of posting up that huge picture?

You are entitled to disagree with anyone's viewpoint, opinions or thoughts, but please do so respectfully.

You know as well as I do that their main focus is on Japan and parts of Asia.  They couldn't give a fuck about any form of netcode despite the games selling far more units in America now then they ever did in Japan for their more modern games.  Yet if this is true, why do they keep shitting on American standards and requirements such as good netcode?  They must know we give them far more sales than the Asian countries, yet they continue to shit on us.  It's either they don't care, they have some Japanese honor bound crap where they continue to go with old ways and continue to give glorious and holy MOTHER NIPPON the brunt of their support despite their country not supplying them with the cash monies or they're in some sort of licensing requirement with GameSyncSofts.

The thing is SNK still makes fighting games like they're in the 90s with huge arcade scenes with their one frame links, their obscured stick motions that no other company uses and their console is an afterthought business sense.  Blazblue has a five frame buffer.  Tekken Tag Tourament 2 has a seven frame buffer.  Didn't KOF 13 only have a two frame buffer to account for the cheaper Viewlix cabs?  They can probably make the game have bigger buffers, but would it be as tight feeling with looser than a fat woman's vag style of Blazblue where everything comes up with bullshit stacked on bullshit?  Honestly, if I have to get that kind of playstyle to get an acceptable netcode, I'd have to think about it long and hard.

Honestly, the way I view it, SNK either has to make their games more lenient with combos and account for a bigger amount of frame buffers or drop GSS like a dirty hoe and get some fresh new netcode.  And if SNKP wants to release more games in a quicker manner, they need to drop that dot pixel art and go the Blazblue route of generic as hell, poorly shaded, MS Paint looking sprites so they can pump out games left and right.  Again, I question that myself because I don't want my fighting games looking like generic anime shit, but I do want them to release more than one game every three years.  What a fucking mess.  Stuck between lengthy sprites or generic Inuyasha/Ragna/Jin/Seshoumaru junk.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 15, 2012, 09:45:07 AM »
^ From what I am reading you pretty much understand why their netcode sucks. They back themselves in a corner making the game they did with the tight controls yet high combo game. They obviously wanted to appeal to the american audience cause they installed the HD mode even though it feels like it was thrown into a game that would have been just fine without it. Americans love big combos and KOF XIII delivers. The netcode sucks cause they didn't think about netcode when they made the game.

Personally I feel it played MUCH better in the early version of the netcode, but we complained enough for them to break it more. Now it's really screwed up. If there was an easy answer on how to make the netcode better I'm sure they would have, but when it comes down to it the game's too big and too hard to program something that works for us. Best to cut losses and focus on something else.

My bet is Playmore is doing something entirely different since we haven't heard of them releasing old games. I'd bet on MOTW2 since that can be adapted to a more Capcom style which would be looser and easier to work on lag. If that's the case, I'm sure respriting a new game to look like KOF XIII is going to take some time. However it's just an opinion.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 15, 2012, 10:07:25 AM »
I've got this bad feeling that SNKP is content to sit on their IP's and milk them dry via pachislot and cell phone ports. Make low-risk decisions and spend the most little they can. I hope not but it's the reality of the situation. They lost money with 12. With the combined arcade success of 13 and console release they probably broken even. Made a small profit maybe?

I kinda' hope the team that made 13 will go on and either start their own company or work with another company to make another fighter.