Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 188380 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #660 on: December 05, 2012, 11:14:43 AM »
Dunno if anybody's interested but KOF '02UM asked for an update recently. I dunno what the reason would be but if Playmore paid for an update for '02UM maybe something will come toward XIII

When was the last time you played 02UM on your 360? And I agree with Xxenace about the random updates.

Before I got back on it. I'm not positive. Probably somewhere around a month or less.

I agree the updates on xbox make no sense. When I played Castlevania SOTN recently it asked me for an update and I highly doubt it really needs to be messed with.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 05, 2012, 03:44:17 PM »
NEC was fun, despite the few problems that we encountered.  But in the end, I had a great time.  

BTW, here is my pool match against Bala.  Watch how bala downloaded me and crushed me.  :)

Good stuff man, you took a game off friggin Bala!

Handled his K' really well too, watched some casuals recently and his K' destroyed Ricky Diaz over and over so you did pretty damn good.

Gotta say, even though he has been pushing Karate hard since Evo, his Takuma is still a far bigger threat and probably his best character.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:46:11 PM by Diavle »

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 05, 2012, 08:35:11 PM »
Thanks, man.  I guess pretty much everyone I know has a pocket mr karate, and they're more or less the same.  Few people play Takuma however, and Bala's takuma is the best in the world by a long shot.  Haha

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 05, 2012, 10:12:55 PM »
Hello everyone, Reiki here

I'm currently doing a survey to see what players and viewers of KOFXIII want out of events. If you could check it out, fill it out, and share it in many other places, I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dElDeUxiMlZzTmxmaGVKQ1pUNm44SGc6MQ#gid=0

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #664 on: December 11, 2012, 12:36:28 AM »
Hello everyone, Reiki here

I'm currently doing a survey to see what players and viewers of KOFXIII want out of events. If you could check it out, fill it out, and share it in many other places, I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dElDeUxiMlZzTmxmaGVKQ1pUNm44SGc6MQ#gid=0
Yep, got that survey taken care of! Thanks Reiki Kito!

I notice that a lot of ranbats/tournaments in the online scene goes on here on DC once or twice every month. Should use some sort of method of broadcasting these ranbats altogether. Should we somehow record our matches via video footage, submit them to a single individual to compile the videos into one big video consisting of all of the competition?

This will increase the popularity of KOFXIII a bit. We may even motivate new players to come and play some KOF and even join this sight. We also communicate with other websites such as Orochinagi and SRK for those who may be interested in competing and recording the footage of their matches.
We may even have a few individual twitch the actual online tournament.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #665 on: December 11, 2012, 12:48:21 AM »

I notice that a lot of ranbats/tournaments in the online scene goes on here on DC once or twice every month. Should use some sort of method of broadcasting these ranbats altogether. Should we somehow record our matches via video footage, submit them to a single individual to compile the videos into one big video consisting of all of the competition?

This will increase the popularity of KOFXIII a bit. We may even motivate new players to come and play some KOF and even join this sight. We also communicate with other websites such as Orochinagi and SRK for those who may be interested in competing and recording the footage of their matches.

Sure we can do that....

...when the next KOF game has good netplay.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 11, 2012, 01:27:15 AM »

Not a bad idea, though it's probably better restricted to matches where both can agree on the match not being marred by lag.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 11, 2012, 02:06:32 AM »
Sure we can do that....

...when the next KOF game has good netplay.

Not a bad idea, though it's probably better restricted to matches where both can agree on the match not being marred by lag.

Understood... I figure we give something else a try. Perhaps we will find another method of increasing KOF influence. Looking into our local scene would be imperative - this net code kills our intentions in a rather epic fashion. That's the ONLY thing that is holding this game back. We can use our KOF videos and journal forums as an extra leverage to further elaborate on game play experiences... and what the players have learned during their matches. Overtime, we'll figure something out. Until then, we keeping playing...

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 11, 2012, 02:37:12 AM »
Understood... I figure we give something else a try. Perhaps we will find another method of increasing KOF influence. Looking into our local scene would be imperative - this net code kills our intentions in a rather epic fashion. That's the ONLY thing that is holding this game back. We can use our KOF videos and journal forums as an extra leverage to further elaborate on game play experiences... and what the players have learned during their matches. Overtime, we'll figure something out. Until then, we keeping playing...

First and foremost is keep playing. Probably the next big community effort should be educating more players, and establishing more KOF-centered streams/events.

I think a lot of people are still figuring things out on a basic level; something like a video tutorial of the basics of each character, and detailing high/low level combos (I kind of think attack skill is where American and other scenes are lacking the most), that would give more people information and incentive for leveling up.

More locally established KOF stuff is even better. If there's a small group in an area that play KOF exclusively or a lot, form your own weekly tournaments and record the results using Challonge or something like it, see if you can get a dedicated stream for it. If you or your group is preparing for a major, chronicle how you prepare for it.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #669 on: December 11, 2012, 02:42:47 AM »

I agree about the netcode, but just remember - the netcode shouldn't carry a game's popularity or increase its player base...its the players that keep the game alive. There are many good games that have great netcode but they don't have big offline scenes in certain areas mainly because of the players. There are good games with good netplay that is DEAD online because its players have abandoned the game for some reason. KOFXIII made it to EVO because of the players and their communities, not because of the shifty netcode. I do agree, good netcode can increase a games longevity (KOF on GGPO for example), but only certain places still hold tournaments in those games.

I feel that what we need to do is just educate players to help them learn the system of the game, and inspire them to build offline communities. I understand some players have no choice at all with only online play, but even if the netcode was more solid, would they have the initiative and interest to reach out and build a local community even if they did find players within their area?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 02:50:26 AM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

UltimaOriginal

• New Challenger
  • Bernstein
    • View Profile
    • devaintArt
« Reply #670 on: December 12, 2012, 01:21:52 PM »
 Not sure whether it was mentioned or not, but
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=45065260&postcount=5567

Its not much what i know (And even less what i can share") but ive been told that:

XIII sales were quite good (Think SNKP numbers not COD numbers)
    They worked on more characters besides the released cast CANT TELL YOU WHO!
    SNKP is working on a fighting game

Dunno if anything changed with the new president. :(
SNK would make a great money, if they made a conspiracy/thriller style movie about the production of KOF XII/XIII. (с)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 12, 2012, 03:47:37 PM »
Someone sound the alarm. Vital secrets spilled out of SNKP. Someone let it spill they are working on a game/characters. W/ the uber security we usually get if that guy is working for SNKP he might be fired soon for that.

More seriously it's good to hear someone saying SNKP is going to do something other then Pachinko and cell phone games.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 12, 2012, 11:17:56 PM »
We'll just have to wait and see what happens next. My blood constantly boils for more KOF...

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 13, 2012, 12:23:30 PM »
Is this Fesris guy legit? I remember him doing similar posts in the past for upcoming projects of SNKp but I don't remember if he was legit.

Btw it is crystal clear that SNKp works on something that they want to push in the US. The background of the new president gave it away. I expect a fighting game similar to MvC3 or an expansion of KOF.

I am happy that they did well with XIII and I am also happy that they are working on something new (hope this info is legit). They can have all the time they need to produce something with XIII's quality.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 13, 2012, 04:50:36 PM »
Would be great if we could get a game out from SNKP, even in arcades. It'd really give us something to look forward to.