Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)  (Read 56088 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2011, 01:44:24 AM »
so its his  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c that can be linked afterwards?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2011, 04:47:46 AM »

I know the C version for sure but it's more about distance. Too far and the d.C misses.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2011, 06:26:12 PM »
So got to try out the game yesterday... oh man... Ralf feels awesome... His normals, specials, DMs are ALL worth using... and you can actually pull out decent hit confirmable combos with him... *unlike previous versions of Ralf* ...I managed to get used to doing his regular b&b after a bit of trouble at first... s.C/cr.B, d/f.A, qcf.C, b~f.A, DC, qcf.C, DM... I was mainly having trouble with figuring out when to do b~f.A... I'm in love with his EX Galactica Phantom... You can punish pretty much anything with it from half stage away...

As for his corner combos I've seen the once posted above by Ash... but I was wondering if you could also do this instead... and how much it would do?

j.C, s.C, d/f+A, qcf+C, cr.C, b~f+A, DC, qcb+AC, qcf+C, b~f+A, Galactica Phantom...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:31:03 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2011, 06:36:47 PM »

I know the C version for sure but it's more about distance. Too far and the d.C misses.

yeah but thats only logical, otherwise it would have been an infinite. anyways thanks for the info. are any of the versions comboable from ight btw? also can you go to his  ;df ;c or was it  ;a from lights? youd have to close anyway, since his upper move seems to go up more than forward, so ittl miss from too far. nice if possible since you could do a  ;dn ;b or standing  ;a into that  ;fd move.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2011, 11:38:13 PM »
musolini - it's been mentioned earlier... cr.B, d/f+A is a valid link... and i don't think you can link anything after qcf.A... but you can however do cr.B, d/f+A, qcf.C... then continue with b~f+A or qcb~hcf+B...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2011, 06:27:57 AM »
yeah i forgot, difference when you hear about something and playing it and knowing about it.

wassup with u btw, havent seen you in a long ass while. did u get a chance to play 13 already?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2011, 07:43:37 AM »
Was wondering, do both versions of dive strike hit crouching people and can hit twice? Also how do you punish it?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2011, 09:00:26 AM »
Was wondering, do both versions of dive strike hit crouching people and can hit twice? Also how do you punish it?

Both versions of his dive are overheads so they hit crouching opponents. None them hit twice according to the wiki. Punishing even the regular version is very tough without blowing a meter like a quick Ex or DM.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2011, 09:41:50 AM »
For some reason, I block it initially, but when I try to move down, the explosion from when he hits the floor hits me too. Maybe it's just because I like to block low after an attack that I notice it, but it hurts if I move my guard.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2011, 10:01:02 AM »
yeah i forgot, difference when you hear about something and playing it and knowing about it.

wassup with u btw, havent seen you in a long ass while. did u get a chance to play 13 already?
ya i actually was quite busy with college till the end of April... and just recently one of the arcades nearby got KOFXIII... so i got to try out the game... i actually just posted about it like a few posts above... guess you didn't notice... lol...

@ Kane - I'm keeping Clark and Ralf in my team for sure... but I do want to change around Maxima if possible... Do you recommend anyone else? The other characters I had in mind were Iori/Leona/Takuma... who would best benefit as a third/anchor character in my team?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:25:51 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2011, 09:53:46 PM »
@ Kane - I'm keeping Clark and Ralf in my team for sure... but I do want to change around Maxima if possible... Do you recommend anyone else? The other characters I had in mind were Iori/Leona/Takuma... who would best benefit as a third/anchor character in my team?

Shen's always a fun character.   Out of the 3 you listed, Iori and Takuma are good anchor characters as they make use of the meter well, Iori's probably the best choice as he has better defensive options than Takuma.  Leona's a toss up, she's good with meter but you're going to need to practice her HD combos to be real effective with her (and hence I dropped her temporarily).

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2011, 01:41:48 AM »
Alright thanks... I've been wanting to use Takuma since the beginning... So most likely i'll end up picking him for my third...

I do happen to like about 13 *ironic* characters in total... Vice, Iori, Kyo, Andy, Liz, Goro, Maxima, Takuma, Clark, Terry, Leona, Ralf, Raiden... So i'll most likely end up having a second or maybe even a third team in the future when i'm comfortable using my team to it's full potential...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »
is the dive strike useful at all

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2011, 12:46:12 AM »

It's very useful in this iteration, in fact, it might be the best version he's had.  Even the non-Ex is very difficult to punish.  I kinda wish they kept his c.d~u+P version of it but I can't complain because Ralf is still real good in this one.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2011, 01:36:01 AM »

It's very useful in this iteration, in fact, it might be the best version he's had.  Even the non-Ex is very difficult to punish.  I kinda wish they kept his c.d~u+P version of it but I can't complain because Ralf is still real good in this one.

hes got a new aa instead,  ;dn  ;db ;bk ;a or ;c.