Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)  (Read 56080 times)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2011, 04:34:50 AM »
maybe i need to check it out again. i was getting punished nothing to bad tho. is there any frame data for any KOF game

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2011, 05:36:27 AM »
@ Mousolini - umm those aren't really that wise to use... i mostly spam qcb+A far away to build meter at times... but to actually use them as AA, you have to time them perfectly... or you will just whiff and eat a jump in combo...

@ Bigvador - you can now cancel hop A into air qcb+C... it's quite a good mix-up between that and hop A > cr.B...

@ Kane - in XI Ralf can instant overhead with straight jump C and it's cancel-able with air qcb+C... that's quite safe also...
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 05:44:07 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2011, 05:41:22 AM »
well it didnt look like an easy anti air to begin with, that doesn mean it cant be used as one. rb2 rick strowds AA is dificult to aa with as well, but when you know how to use it its quite reliable. it just means you have to time it really well unlike normal dp's, which i usually also try to time at the lowest possible moment. ralphs one is different, dont know where its sweet spot is. it might actually be crap as an aa, but ill see for myself when the game gets released.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2011, 07:07:39 AM »
is there any frame data for KOF XIII or XII

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2011, 11:07:34 AM »
Arcadia posted some frame data in one of their issues. It's not exhaustive, and only covers a few moves for each character.

cr ;a : 4F
cr ;b : 4F
cl ;c : 4F
EX Vulcan Punch (;a + ;c repeatedly) : 5F
Gatling Attack ( ;bk;fd;a / ;c) : 7F
EX Galactica Phantom ( ;dn ;df ;fd x 2 +  ;a ;c) : 9F
Bareback Vulcan Punch ( ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd + ;k) : 9F

;a;c / EX Gatling Attack : -10, -16, -17
 ;a / EX Burning Hammer ( ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;a / ;c) : -10, -4
 ;a;c Explosive Ralf Punch ( ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a/ ;c) : -4, -4
Vulcan Punch (1 ~ 3 levels) : -9, -11, -14

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »
well guess i gotta do with out it

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 01:02:33 AM »
So, where's Ralf on the Tier List? I really like him. He's got a bit of everything. It seems like the popular way to play him is to space the opponent out, use CD followed by QCF Punch.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2011, 02:26:40 AM »
Ralf is low-mid tier... But he has tools to win... He is pretty good at pressuring... He is a lot safer than before and he has very scary counter options with meter... He also has decent combos, but they all require meter... Your pokes are s.C+D, j.C+D, far s.C, cr.C, cr.D and far s.D... Pokes to start combos are j.A (to mix in cr.B/dive), j.B (to cross-up), j.C/D (for comboing), cr.B, d/f+A (for low starter) and s.C, d/f+A...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2011, 04:52:04 AM »
Ralf is low-mid tier... But he has tools to win... He is pretty good at pressuring... He is a lot safer than before and he has very scary counter options with meter... He also has decent combos, but they all require meter... Your pokes are s.C+D, j.C+D, far s.C, cr.C, cr.D and far s.D... Pokes to start combos are j.A (to mix in cr.B/dive), j.B (to cross-up), j.C/D (for comboing), cr.B, d/f+A (for low starter) and s.C, d/f+A...

I think he's a pretty solid mid tier.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2011, 05:14:42 AM »
oogosho made his seem like A tier.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2011, 11:19:23 AM »
Ralf seems like the perfect character to run 2nd or 3rd.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2011, 03:29:50 AM »
Ralf is solid set on my team on the second spot now... messing around with Kensou on first and Takuma last... a few questions about him...

can ralf do cr.B/s.C, d/f+A, qcf+C, cr.C after a jump-in mid-screen? i know it works if i run right up to them and do it... but wondering if it works after a hop A or cross-up B... just so i can add some extra damage and not have do a super cancel...

also i'm having problems with trying to use cross-up B... i can only land it from a hop if they are on wake-up or are ducking right? otherwise i have to jump? just seems that the hit box is kind of hard to get to hit perfectly every time...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

elrosa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2011, 10:28:06 PM »

I really like Ralf, i Main him, and 95% of the times i put him 1st, he can do a lot of damage and pressure the opponent without needing the supers or Drive cancel, and he builds meter pretty fast, guard crushes fast most characters, and once you've got one super and/or half of a canceling bar he can do a easy 30%-50% damage combo.

Has high defense and if for the 2nd round you have the canceling meter full, its pretty easy to pull a 50%-65% damage combo.

If you have 3 supers, add the tickles* and its a 70%-80% combo

*Me and my friends in Mexico call Ralf's Neomax "Cosquillas", which means "Tickles", looks to me like he's tickling the opponent, lol
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 10:33:33 PM by elrosa »

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2011, 10:42:55 PM »

I really like Ralf, i Main him, and 95% of the times i put him 1st, he can do a lot of damage and pressure the opponent without needing the supers or Drive cancel, and he builds meter pretty fast, guard crushes fast most characters, and once you've got one super and/or half of a canceling bar he can do a easy 30%-50% damage combo.

Has high defense and if for the 2nd round you have the canceling meter full, its pretty easy to pull a 50%-65% damage combo.

If you have 3 supers, add the tickles* and its a 70%-80% combo

*Me and my friends in Mexico call Ralf's Neomax "Cosquillas", which means "Tickles", looks to me like he's tickling the opponent, lol

Listen to this man's advice, the best Ralf I've seen so far. Also I love how the Mexican community always gives funny name to the moves. My favorite one right now is Raiden's grab super "Pa la Raza! lol. Over here we call Andy's acf+BD "Sarandiado" cause he looks like a fish with that name when he does that lol.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

elrosa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2011, 12:31:05 AM »
Lol, we call Raidens Grab super "Pa' la Banda", almost the same, hahah!