Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)  (Read 56068 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2011, 06:37:30 AM »
after more play through i stand corrected... Ralf is always on first in my team now... his pokes have very good priority... and damn his specials are amazing... currently he is my best character... and Kula is next... *mostly cause of using them in XI* i tend to use Kula as anchor and stick Iori/Vice/Yuri on second...

just got 2 OCVs with Ralf today... Ralf has amazing corner pressure... EX qcb+P is an insanely good anti cross-up and has has like massive frame trap... he can guard crush most characters pretty easily... and damn with meter he is scary... lately i've been avoiding DC combos with him unless i have them in the corner... cause his HD combos are soo god damn strong... he pretty does a full entire b&b into a HD combo and take off around 70% with just 1 meter mid-screen...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2011, 12:56:41 AM »
after playing some older KOF games i just noticed that Ralf dont have his   ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;d is there any way he can get that back. he may not need it as much but it is a good tool to scare some one with plus he dont need the flashin elbow like cark or the hop  :)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2011, 02:43:59 AM »
If they give Ralf a command throw again, I hope it's not the SAB. I've fought so many Ralf's who barely used his other old moves, they just played him like a Clark with better jump normals + CD.

This Ralf is so full of tools, I really don't think he needs much, if anything. With autoguard on EX gutpunch, linking after it, and weak gattling attack, an EX Gattling that acts like one of his old DMs, the meter-building from weak groundpound, and the juggle and defense from strong and EX ground pounds, plus 2 solid DMs and overhead, mostly safe ground dive... he just seems so much more like RALF (The one man army who destroys tanks with his fist), but in useful ways.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2011, 03:35:19 AM »
i can see him not having the grab but at least the ralf kick was very good as a poke (of course). i havnt seen people use his  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a or  ;c is it still slow and you can combo in it. i mean it was kinda useless (at least  ;a was)
it just seems like from mid screen all he has is the  ;bk ;fd ;c witch is good and can have juggle capabilty but i used to push people back with ralf kick

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2011, 05:19:59 AM »
after playing some older KOF games i just noticed that Ralf dont have his   ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;d is there any way he can get that back. he may not need it as much but it is a good tool to scare some one with plus he dont need the flashin elbow like cark or the hop  :)

Ralf does not need that SAAB back IMO.  He's part of the list of revamped and refreshing characters in XIII Ralf, Mai (maybe not movewise, but gameplay direction), Iori, Chin and Maxima.  His new moves just works well with him.  With his Ex GP being unblockable (tentatively reported at GameCon), Ex qcf+P, and all his variations within each special makes him the most versatile Ralf we've seen.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2011, 07:58:07 AM »

Ralf does not need that SAAB back IMO.  He's part of the list of revamped and refreshing characters in XIII Ralf, Mai (maybe not movewise, but gameplay direction), Iori, Chin and Maxima.  His new moves just works well with him.  With his Ex GP being unblockable (tentatively reported at GameCon), Ex qcf+P, and all his variations within each special makes him the most versatile Ralf we've seen.

i havnt seen how his EX  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c works in XIII. In my opinion the only real use full new move that he has is  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c but (once again) i havnt seen how the EX work. then to top it off you can really connect st. ;c or  ;d to  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c unless you was really close in XII. i will admit that those 2 move gave him different options thus making it a different way to play with him at the cost of really being able to give him a tool to push people back such as ralf kick or something eles

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2011, 02:07:27 PM »

i havnt seen how his EX  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c works in XIII. In my opinion the only real use full new move that he has is  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c but (once again) i havnt seen how the EX work. then to top it off you can really connect st. ;c or  ;d to  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c unless you was really close in XII. i will admit that those 2 move gave him different options thus making it a different way to play with him at the cost of really being able to give him a tool to push people back such as ralf kick or something eles

EX  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c has full body invincibility and causes crumple, which gives you more time that his normal ;dn ;df ;fd ;c to combo after it. It can be used against very aggressive players, an anti air, people who love to mash out random stuff while trapped in the corner.

I never use his EX  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c but I have seen it used to extend some combos when drive canceled into. It allows him to juggle a bit longer than he usually can, but I think Kane or one of the other guys can go into this better than I can, I could be wrong cause all I do with Ralf is mash ;c all day, and it works!

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2011, 10:10:50 PM »
EX qcf+C doesn't have full body invincibility... It has full body auto-guard... but it's susceptible to throws... As I mentioned earlier, his EX qcb+C is a scary frame trap... Also you can beat cross-ups with it if timed right...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 29, 2011, 12:28:14 AM »
so with  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c for the upper body can it take multiple hits or just 1 and did they speed up the move

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 29, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »
Here's a pretty good Ralf in action (3m47s):

1. 【KOF XIII】 ハラ vs ケンちゃん その3 【GAME41】

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2011, 05:09:13 PM »

1. ?KOF XIII? ?? vs ????????? ?GAME41?
                                                                                                       yea thats some real good action there the second match shows what kind of upgrades he got i did notice his qcf A is alot faster but his EX qcb C does the same as his regular qcb C if any thing it just looks fast but being able to link qcf A into cr C was unexpected

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2011, 09:09:26 PM »

yea thats some real good action there the second match shows what kind of upgrades he got i did notice his qcf A is alot faster but his EX qcb C does the same as his regular qcb C if any thing it just looks fast but being able to link qcf A into cr C was unexpected

AFAIK, those are matches from v1.1 so there shouldn't be any "upgrades".

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2011, 12:06:02 AM »

I believe he's refering to upgrades VS KoF XII Ralf. Not Arcade VS Console.

a-cho KOF13 1on1大会(2010.12.26)part1

To me, the Ralf all through out this vid shows what he can really do in this game.

Notable times: Beginning, 10:30, 19:54 (OCV!), and onwards.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2011, 12:14:04 AM »

i meant from XII to XIII in XII u can only link qcf C into st A. do anybody kno if there is 2 windows open 2 attack ralf like in XII

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2011, 04:46:12 AM »
i meant from XII to XIII in XII u can only link qcf C into st A. do anybody kno if there is 2 windows open 2 attack ralf like in XII

Oops, sorry I misunderstood.  I'm not so sure I understand the question.