Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)  (Read 56083 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones
« Reply #105 on: September 12, 2011, 03:31:03 PM »
that's why you stop right after cr.B or cr.A and you can "hop" and play mix-ups from there... you can also mix-up a cross-up if you hop or hyper hop afterwards with j.B... or you can also TK qcf~u/f+A for an overhead... or you can also cr.B or cr.A then walk a little and "throw"... or you can cr.B or cr.A then s.C, d/f+A or cr.C... this works cause of the short opening in the block window... you might score a counter hit... this is general for kof characters...
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 03:34:57 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2011, 06:10:54 PM »
i kno the mix ups im just say..... i never seen anybody cross up with jump B and can it be cancelled into qcf A

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2011, 05:53:52 PM »
i kno the mix ups im just say..... i never seen anybody cross up with jump B and can it be cancelled into qcf A
ya, j.B can't be cancelled into air qcf+A... but it can be used to cross-up... not as good as other cross-ups though...

and Ralf isn't really a constant mix-up character... it's more about controlling space, baiting and punishing... which is how he always has been... but, thanks to his move set in XIII being really safe, he can safely pressure and throw out a lot more specials than before...

his EX moves help him out a lot... air EX qcf+P is invincible... and ground EX qcf+P is safe + has auto-guard... you can use it after a regular string ending in qcf+C to bait retaliations... EX qcb+P is + frames on block and works as an anti-cross-up... and then EX Galactica Phantom will go through anything and punish from half screen... Ralf = punishment... *plus whoring nomals* lol...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2011, 06:00:08 PM »
as much as i used him i didnt use none of the EX move i still had to get use to him and trying some new set ups but compared to clark his CD in the air comes out slower and that my main tool in the air from a distance at least

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2011, 03:48:41 AM »
get used to the EX moves... pretty much all of them are useful in their own ways... and as Ralf, to stop people from jumping in on you, neutral hop or jump and do C+D... besides that far s.C will stop hop attempts...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2011, 08:40:02 AM »
im starting to find jump B more useful  because it comes out fast and it has great reach

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2011, 04:20:02 PM »
It's not mentioned either in The DC or SRK Wiki's (maybe because it's added to console?) But EX Galactica Phantom has it's classic "Can't stop a GH!" Autoguard on-approach (and apparently, not on start up) as see at the 5:56 mark on this video:

Robocop Two vs Giga D[ON] Exhibition @ Take All Comers 2011

I remember watching Frionel and Co. Trying to see if it had "charging" or startup Autoguard during the elive gamescon stream, which I think was proven to not exist. But at least it has some, so kind of a delayed counter.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 16, 2011, 07:29:44 PM »
k that's bad actually... instead of auto-guard, i rather have invincibility throughout the entire animation of EX Galactica Phantom... if he didn't have auto-guard, he would've actually punished Mature in this case...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2011, 07:45:47 PM »
k that's bad actually... instead of auto-guard, i rather have invincibility throughout the entire animation of EX Galactica Phantom... if he didn't have auto-guard, he would've actually punished Mature in this case...
have to agree with you there

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »
Not necessairly bad, it just changes the rules a bit, and makes you use your moveset in a different way.

For example, for those same 2 meters, he could have used EX Burning Hammer, and then a normal Galactica Phantom. Or maybe EX Gatling into Bareback Vulcan.

Over-abundant invincibility slows down matches, anyhow. But a tool that gives you a skilled way to counter, that most opponents aren't going to consider you using correctly, that's a nice trick up your sleeve; high risk, high reward.  It gives you control, if you really know your character, but some neophyte won't just be able to mash through and win without learning the character.

Pure invincibility is Shen's EX Punch Gimmick, anyway; Ralf's more of an unstoppable meatshield.

I now look forward to the day when my midscreen "roll trap" haoushokoken's are absorbed by Ralf's FACE, while delivering the REAL MAN'S PUNCH! ;) This style might also go through something like Shining Crystal Bit, since the Guardpoint absorbs the impact. Pure invincibility-until-hit would probably trade, however.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2011, 08:44:46 PM »
Not necessairly bad, it just changes the rules a bit, and makes you use your moveset in a different way.

For example, for those same 2 meters, he could have used EX Burning Hammer, and then a normal Galactica Phantom. Or maybe EX Gatling into Bareback Vulcan.

Over-abundant invincibility slows down matches, anyhow. But a tool that gives you a skilled way to counter, that most opponents aren't going to consider you using correctly, that's a nice trick up your sleeve; high risk, high reward.  It gives you control, if you really know your character, but some neophyte won't just be able to mash through and win without learning the character.

Pure invincibility is Shen's EX Punch Gimmick, anyway; Ralf's more of an unstoppable meatshield.

I now look forward to the day when my midscreen "roll trap" haoushokoken's are absorbed by Ralf's FACE, while delivering the REAL MAN'S PUNCH! ;) This style might also go through something like Shining Crystal Bit, since the Guardpoint absorbs the impact. Pure invincibility-until-hit would probably trade, however.

im not to sure i fully understand

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2011, 02:31:10 AM »

hmm... personally for EX GP i would take the invincibility... hopefully for FBs it just goes through them... and for physical attacks it can absorb as many hits as thrown at him... i'll be satisfied with that... cause it already doesn't have as much range as Shen's DM... and even if Shen trades, his wires on counter hit... Ralf's seem inferior in every way...

A good buff on EX GP could be it becoming ultimate juggle...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 02:38:02 AM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2011, 03:44:16 AM »
:( Bah, you just lack imagination, lol. -ahem-

Rather glad SNKP gives comparable moves different properties. One of the things I like most about how they make characters.

Any Anywhere Juggle Chargeable DM that does 500 damage at Max Charge, and has invulnerability? That'd be even worse than Elisabeth! ;) At least Ralf has 2 lvl 1 DMs. Now, if we were talkin' about Clark...

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2011, 06:59:29 AM »

Rather glad SNKP gives comparable moves different properties. One of the things I like most about how they make characters.

Any Anywhere Juggle Chargeable DM that does 500 damage at Max Charge, and has invulnerability? That'd be even worse than Elisabeth! ;) At least Ralf has 2 lvl 1 DMs. Now, if we were talkin' about Clark...

i dont think it would matter to much i mean just to set it up at max charge would be a challenge itself

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2011, 03:27:38 PM »

no one is going to get hit by a charged Galactica Phantom... and i wasn't talking about the regular version... only EX Galactica Phantom...

anyway, one upside to having an auto-guard move is that it beats invincible moves... so in the instance where Ralf does EX Galactica Phantom vs. Shen does EX Shen Woo Punch... Ralf would just auto-guard Shen and punch him in the FACE!!! lol...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth