Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)  (Read 56079 times)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones
« Reply #135 on: October 25, 2011, 04:25:28 AM »
i guess using his  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c will substitute the charge even know its kinda slow on the start up but rewarding if it lands

i hope ur talkin about when he claps his hands twice then say rrrwwwwwaaaaaaaa that ma favorite 1 of all time

has any seen anybody use EX ;dn ;df ;fd ;c its slow and i dont think it combos so is it worth it using

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 25, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »
Now, what do you guys think about Ralf having  ;df ;a ?
He's the guy who classically has not had a cmd normal - allergic? or happy about it?

@t3h mAsTarOth...! sure you have an opinion on this  :)
ya it's awesome... thank god he got it... it makes comboing from lows/normals in general so much easier...

@bigdavor: i use EX qcf+P quite a bit... it's good for anti-air if timed right... and punishing any heavy move... don't use it against lights... or they'll recover and throw you before you can hit them... i also use EX qcb+P... excellent in the corner... if they try to jump out and eat it, they are screwed... never really use EX Gatling... his isn't as good as Clark's...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2011, 05:56:46 PM »
(shown in video)Strong Burning Hammer has less lag. You can combo it into his C Gatling Attack without needing to cancel.
- (shown in video) During Vulcan Punch (all versions) Ralf can move forward.
- (shown in video) EX Burning Hammer has faster startup and can be comboed from strong attacks.
- (shown in video) Both versions of Galactica Phantom can be charged.
- crouch D has less lag.

Im only happy with the buffs with his burning hammer and EX burning hammer and of course the galactica phantom the fact that u can moce forward with the burning hammer is great sometimes im outta distance. I cant really say im disappointed besides the fact that i wanted the uppercut but ralf did seem like he didnt need 2 b changed that much from his arcade version

what chall think about his buffs???

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2011, 08:09:39 PM »
I think his changes make him more interesting and expand on his combo possibilities. Charge galactica is downright cool < (vid)  burning hammer - crumple - charge galactica dokkan!! yeeeeeeeeargh!!!!. His strong gatling attack is more relevant now which is nice.

I guess he didn't need to many changes from the arcade, but the ones he got certainly make him cooler to play XD

The only other thing I would have asked for is being able to use galactica after his mount vulcan like he could in the past. I think we'd see more even use between those moves if that were the case and mount vulcan had an EX that would launch super high.

Imagine:
Srong burning hammer > Strong gatling > vulcan punch <SC> EX mount vulcan > Charge galactica ...wait...wait...NOW!! DOKKAN!!!   for something like 400-450 Damage since we're using a bunch of meter. Just like the good ol' days, but better XD

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »
My brother is the big Ralf player, and he's happy with them, lol. So I'm happy with them too! He stomped on me with Ralf at Otakon, with just what we knew at the time. Now, it's been revealed since then that Ralf is even BETTER than we thought, so I look forward to the years of butt-kick I'll recieve (and possibly give) by RALF = POWER!! (What a perfect analogy!)

Oh, and I woulda liked to have seen Blitzkrieg punch regain OTG properties myself, but the fact that it's an overhead kinda makes it wacky already... it's quite a good move.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2011, 09:11:08 AM »
OK this has to be posted.

KOF98 Anti-Galactica Combo Video

Hilarious. Look how bad they punish poor Ralph's galactica!! Look at the number of death combos! Raaaahahahhahaha!!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2011, 09:45:37 AM »
And people rage over Guardpoints not taking damage anymore. Guess they learned their lesson from these early trials!

-Starts humming "Maxima Guard Points everything" Music...-

TheRook

• New Challenger
  • GOD HAND
    • View Profile
    • Art is Unlimited
« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2011, 03:09:13 AM »
do anybody know how 2 combo burning hammer into gatling attack and i dont see how you can charge buffer and which burning hammer can you do a link after hammer

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2011, 03:01:01 PM »
it's really easy... a LOT easier than Takuma's (s.C, f.B xx d/b~f.D) or Clark's (s.D, d/f.A xx b~f.A) charge buffers...

you can only link a move after C burning hammer btw... just input (s.C, d/f.A) or (cr.B, d/f.A) qcf.C... and start charging "d/b" or "b" AS SOON AS you are done your qcf.C input... so you will be charging before Ralf even hits the opponent with the move... after that, learning the timing of connecting Gatling Attack or (cr.C or DM) is just a matter of practicing...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 31, 2011, 11:47:31 PM »
it's really easy... a LOT easier than Takuma's (s.C, f.B xx d/b~f.D) or Clark's (s.D, d/f.A xx b~f.A) charge buffers...

you can only link a move after C burning hammer btw... just input (s.C, d/f.A) or (cr.B, d/f.A) qcf.C... and start charging "d/b" or "b" AS SOON AS you are done your qcf.C input... so you will be charging before Ralf even hits the opponent with the move... after that, learning the timing of connecting Gatling Attack or (cr.C or DM) is just a matter of practicing...
I thought u was able to do cr A into gatling attack after A gatling attack

can he do anything after A gatling attack??

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 31, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »

Clark cannot do that combo.

In the arcade it was C Burning Hammer (I can't remember if A worked but C for sure), A version Gatling Attack.  Depending on distance you can even add a d.C before the A Gatling.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2011, 12:05:17 AM »
In the arcade it was C Burning Hammer (I can't remember if A worked but C for sure), A version Gatling Attack.  Depending on distance you can even add a d.C before the A Gatling.
in the arcade version i couldnt combo st C, C burning hammer.

The C burning hammer into cr C is easy its just like XII ralf (execpt it was C burning hammer in st A into valcan punch)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 12:35:46 AM by Kane317 »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2011, 05:02:44 AM »
Clark cannot do that combo.
i didn't think so either... but i swear in one of the recent videos i saw a clark player do it... might be a console change... i'll try to find the video...

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 01, 2011, 05:24:32 AM »
First page updated with console changes.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2011, 08:26:44 PM »
First page updated with console changes.
i remember somebody posted some console changes and 1 of ralfs was when doing jump ;dn ;df ;fd ;c is more punishable.......... so is that still true