Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)  (Read 56127 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2011, 10:43:20 PM »
First page updated with console changes.
i remember somebody posted some console changes and 1 of ralfs was when doing jump ;dn ;df ;fd ;c is more punishable.......... so is that still true

It was posted from the Evo report, but those were not conclusive, and they can be rebalanced again or simply returned back to the arcade form.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2011, 12:43:15 AM »
i hope its back 2 its arcade form that move is very useful

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2011, 07:46:20 PM »
According to frionel's acct of him, it does 2 hits now and can hit low. Think he was also saying it was safe if used correctly.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 24, 2011, 09:32:32 AM »
What are some easy neomaxes he can pull off?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 25, 2011, 02:05:14 AM »
Bump. I'm having trouble doing a Neo Max off of a C Burning Hammer. I know you can do it if you link a crC off of burning hammer but the timing is really tight. Surely there has to be an easy set up off of a Gatling attack that can be done anywhere and not just the corner?

*One other thing: What's the point of his Bareback (wait is it really called bareback? What an unfortunate choice of words) QCB, HCF+Kick super? It does slightly more damage than the awesome Galactic Phantom, but the Phantom goes through shit and is amazingly easy to link into.

I think the Bareback super should've been a legit grab super. Would've given him better overall options.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 02:17:21 AM by LouisCipher »

Sikemopko

• New Challenger
  • Are You Okay?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 26, 2011, 07:09:09 AM »
I barely use the galactica phantom super mainly because the other one does more damage and has a hit at the end that does not seem to scale, plus in hd combos it gives you a really long time to buffer In the neo max
XBL Gamertag: Sike Mopko

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 26, 2011, 07:00:37 PM »
Bump. I'm having trouble doing a Neo Max off of a C Burning Hammer. I know you can do it if you link a crC off of burning hammer but the timing is really tight. Surely there has to be an easy set up off of a Gatling attack that can be done anywhere and not just the corner?

*One other thing: What's the point of his Bareback (wait is it really called bareback? What an unfortunate choice of words) QCB, HCF+Kick super? It does slightly more damage than the awesome Galactic Phantom, but the Phantom goes through shit and is amazingly easy to link into.

I think the Bareback super should've been a legit grab super. Would've given him better overall options.
1. if you are looking to do his Neomax... just hit confirm into HD mode... he has various easy hit confirms... Ralf has one of the best and easiest HD combos... j.C, s.C, d/f.A, HD, s.C, d/f.A, qcf.C, (b~f.A, DC, qcf.C)x4, b~f.A, Neomax does 80% for 2 meter...

2. Ralf's Bareback Vulcan starts up quicker than Galactica Phantom... so you can actually link it after C Burning Hammer where only EX GP will work in that case... while since Galactica Phantom can be charged, you can combo it mid-screen after b~f.C, DC where the other DM won't work...

3. and no... Ralf doesn't need to have ANY special grab moves... he is unique the way he is now...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

johrjives

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2011, 01:18:12 AM »
1. if you are looking to do his Neomax... just hit confirm into HD mode... he has various easy hit confirms... Ralf has one of the best and easiest HD combos... j.C, s.C, d/f.A, HD, s.C, d/f.A, qcf.C, (b~f.A, DC, qcf.C)x4, b~f.A, Neomax does 80% for 2 meter...

I'm having trouble with b~f.A, Neomax...do you mean max cancel?

Edit: Nevermind, I didnt realize you could HD cancel into neomax, I thought they had to be max canceled from supers... Do they all work like that? Im not used to the mechanics yet.  Can you super cancel into Neomax outside of HD or is that a HD specific property?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:24:56 AM by johrjives »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2011, 01:42:20 AM »
Neomax can be cancelled out of normals at the cost of 2HD and 3Meters.

Neomax can only be cancelled out of specials/supers in HD mode at 2HD and 2Meters.

Therefore, it makes a lot of sense cost-performance-wise to use Neomaxes in HD mode.

Hope this helps!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2011, 12:32:48 PM »

2. Ralf's Bareback Vulcan starts up quicker than Galactica Phantom... so you can actually link it after C Burning Hammer where only EX GP will work in that case... while since Galactica Phantom can be charged, you can combo it mid-screen after b~f.C, DC where the other DM won't work...

Here's the the thing though: Bareback Vulcan cannot be EX'd. It's one of the few supers that can't, I don't know why they did that but they did. So it's not going to do a lot of damage, it just isn't. The other thing is that Galactic Phantom can not only be EX'd but also AA's and can be linked off of certain CD's if you hit them the right way. That to me makes Galactic Phantom the more useful super.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2011, 12:50:29 PM »

Here's the the thing though: Bareback Vulcan cannot be EX'd. It's one of the few supers that can't, I don't know why they did that but they did. So it's not going to do a lot of damage, it just isn't. The other thing is that Galactic Phantom can not only be EX'd but also AA's and can be linked off of certain CD's if you hit them the right way. That to me makes Galactic Phantom the more useful super.

I agree! But I guess both supers have their uses. You don't know them super far away with Bareback Vulcan so you get wake up mixups.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
I don't agree with wakeup supers, just too scrubby and way too risky considering. But I'll look into if Bareback is viable or not, it may be difficult to punish on block, or at least online it is ;) .

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2011, 01:25:28 PM »
I don't agree with wakeup supers, just too scrubby and way too risky considering. But I'll look into if Bareback is viable or not, it may be difficult to punish on block, or at least online it is ;) .

No, I mean after you hit them with bareback vulcan, you are right on top of them instead of Galactica Phantom which knocks them away. That means you can mess with them while they're rising from being knocked down.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2011, 01:28:30 PM »
Ah, you mean a Marn/Daigo moment, right?  ;)

I got ya'.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 30, 2011, 12:09:36 PM »
When using burning hammer, the C version has doesn't push the foe away whilst the A version does i think.

I've managed to do sC, qcf+C, sC, qcf+C mid screen lol. Its ridiculously hard to do so its kinda useless info.
You may need to run or walk in after the first qcf+C though.