Author Topic: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)  (Read 56084 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones
« Reply #165 on: November 30, 2011, 05:36:07 PM »
Here's the the thing though: Bareback Vulcan cannot be EX'd. It's one of the few supers that can't, I don't know why they did that but they did. So it's not going to do a lot of damage, it just isn't. The other thing is that Galactic Phantom can not only be EX'd but also AA's and can be linked off of certain CD's if you hit them the right way. That to me makes Galactic Phantom the more useful super.
Believe it or not, the Bareback Vulcan is better for comboing in everyway besides a few occasions (after qcb+AC and after b~f+C, DC)... EX Galactica Phantom scales way too much in most combos... You actually get way better meter usage by using Bareback Vulcan in combos... plus out of counter hit s.C+D or jump C+D, Bareback Vulcan combos just as easily... EX Galactica Phantom's main usage is AA or using it to go through projectiles...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2011, 04:11:44 PM »
Tried him out and was very impressed, this guy makes for one hell of a battery. A lot of quick moves so canceling sweeps, CDs etc. into specials works great and keeps building that meter, can also spam from a distance.

Found a nice little option select I think, gotta try it more to see if its reliable. On their wakeup or close range you do c.B into qcb+A. If they didn't block low they will get comboed and knocked down and if blocked then you're safe (I think?). If, however, they roll forward then instead of the qcb+A Ralf will do the qcf+A and hit behind him, hitting the opponent out of the recovery of their roll.

How safe are his moves on block? Back, Forward A/C definitely doesn't seem safe. QCF+A/C and QCB+B do though. How safe is the mashing punch move on block? The air QCF+P also looks very safe, like only maybe EX supers or neomaxes can punish it. Is it?

Whats the purpose of the QCB+P move exactly? Does it make for a decent anti-air? I've been using it when they are in front of me and they usally get hit when they try to attack (like I did QCB+A and an  Iori did his sweep, touched Ralf and got knocked back).

Any invincibility on his EX moves? I know QCF+AC has guard point, is it full body or just upper? Air QCF+AC has some invincibility iirc. What about the EX back forward and punch and punch mash moves? Are their ex versions just for more damage? QCB+AC is pretty dang good for combos, sC, df+A, QCB+AC, QCB HCF+K does almost %50 damage for just two power bars and no drive.

What's his fastest reversal move?

The character has a very solid pressure game, gotta work more on block strings and stuff to break that guard meter.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:15:11 PM by Diavle »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 01, 2011, 08:17:05 PM »
How safe are his moves on block? Back, Forward A/C definitely doesn't seem safe. QCF+A/C and QCB+B do though. How safe is the mashing punch move on block? The air QCF+P also looks very safe, like only maybe EX supers or neomaxes can punish it. Is it?

Whats the purpose of the QCB+P move exactly? Does it make for a decent anti-air? I've been using it when they are in front of me and they usally get hit when they try to attack (like I did QCB+A and an  Iori did his sweep, touched Ralf and got knocked back).

Any invincibility on his EX moves? I know QCF+AC has guard point, is it full body or just upper? Air QCF+AC has some invincibility iirc. What about the EX back forward and punch and punch mash moves? Are their ex versions just for more damage? QCB+AC is pretty dang good for combos, sC, df+A, QCB+AC, QCB HCF+K does almost %50 damage for just two power bars and no drive.

What's his fastest reversal move?

The character has a very solid pressure game, gotta work more on block strings and stuff to break that guard meter.

the only safe moves he has is qcb B, qcf A&C, b~f A at a certain distance and air qcf AC. valcan punch im not sure

qcb P is a anti air (even tho its slow) and it can be used in a combo for example cr.C b~f C cancel qcb C, b~f A into galacita phantom so it has its uses

i dont think he has any invincibility on any of his moves at least i didnt find any

to me the his fastest reversal is b~f A

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 02, 2011, 03:19:05 PM »
the only safe moves he has is qcb B, qcf A&C, b~f A at a certain distance and air qcf AC. valcan punch im not sure

qcb P is a anti air (even tho its slow) and it can be used in a combo for example cr.C b~f C cancel qcb C, b~f A into galacita phantom so it has its uses

i dont think he has any invincibility on any of his moves at least i didnt find any

to me the his fastest reversal is b~f A

Really appreciate the info/answers, thanks man.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2011, 02:05:19 AM »
Um, Ralf doesn't have a qcb+B move. I'm guessing you mean qcb+A?

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone in this thread for all your valuable Ralf insight! I've just finished sprucing up Ralf's Wiki, and this thread was a great help.

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ralf_Jones_%28XIII%29

I'd really, really love to get some feedback on it. Do you find it helpful? Or do you think someone new to Ralf would find it helpful?

Also, you'll probably notice that it's still pretty bare-bones. There's no strategy section and the combo section has (maybe) ten combos in it. If you have anything you'd like to contribute, please do!

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2011, 02:32:48 AM »
Looks pretty good Rex. If I have time over the wknd, I can proof the special moves section if you like for sanity checks and additional info where relevant.

Working on the strategy section?

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2011, 03:08:08 AM »
Working on the strategy section?

Eventually. Right now we're trying to make sure every character has the basics down (i.e. move descriptions and some combos).

If any awesome Ralf players would like to write their own strategy guide, it would be a biiiiiig help.  ;)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2011, 07:12:14 AM »
Um, Ralf doesn't have a qcb+B move. I'm guessing you mean qcb+A?

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone in this thread for all your valuable Ralf insight! I've just finished sprucing up Ralf's Wiki, and this thread was a great help.

http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Ralf_Jones_%28XIII%29

I'd really, really love to get some feedback on it. Do you find it helpful? Or do you think someone new to Ralf would find it helpful?

Also, you'll probably notice that it's still pretty bare-bones. There's no strategy section and the combo section has (maybe) ten combos in it. If you have anything you'd like to contribute, please do!
whoops i did mean qcb A

as for the the wiki i would add a few tings to it

st. B has more range the st A making it a better poke
st. C can whiff over some crouching characters
j. B I'd say is his best or second best air to air but i do believe j. B comes out faster then j. CD
(EX) = qcf+AC it can combo after st.C and D
Explosive Punch = (qcb+P) before the mushroom clears u are able to do a sneak attack such as gatling attack or jump CD
(EX) = qcb+AC u can follow up with b~f C but u will only get the 1st hit and if cornered then u can follow up with A gatling attack or restart the combo with st.A
Gatling Attack = (b~f+P) at a cretain distance A version is safe
Galactica Phantom = (qcfx2+P) im about 70% sure that he has auto guard when he launches the punch

thats all i can see that i would probably add but im no pro so better wait 4 some one else to take a look at it :)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2011, 07:15:31 PM »
If you anti-air with qcb+AC then you can link far s.C or qcb~hcf+B... If you hit them on the ground with qcb+AC then you can link EX Galactica Phantom... Both of these work mid-screen...

Also neutral hop C+D or s.C+D on counter hit gives you enough time to hit confirm into qcb~hcf+B or EX Galactica Phantom anywhere on screen...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:18:08 PM by t3h mAsTarOth...! »
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Ralf Jones (Arcade Version)
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2011, 07:26:55 PM »
You should probably add to the wiki qcb+P's ability to nullify fireballs, saw a match recently where the guy used QCB+A to take care of em.

If you anti-air with qcb+AC then you can link far s.C or qcb~hcf+B... If you hit them on the ground with qcb+AC then you can link EX Galactica Phantom... Both of these work mid-screen...

You can also get them with qcb~hcf+K after a ground qcb+AC.

sC, df+A, qcb+AC, qcb~hcf+K is one of my bnbs, great damage for 2 bars and no drive and works anywhere on the screen iirc.