Author Topic: KOFXIII:UM Character Wishlists  (Read 16311 times)

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIII:UM Character Wishlists
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 04:01:41 AM »
You guys should read this:

There is one other criteria you guys should consider: if you are going to bring back a character, you should also keep in mind any other characters that would go with them.

For example, many of you guys are requesting Vanessa... but no Ramon. Vanessa without Ramon? That's just unthinkable IMO. It's one of those things that have to be. If you guys are just gonna put any random dude/dudette just because you feel like it, then the game might as well be MUGEN.
Well, that's one of the reasons I think Vanessa will get in the next game: Vanessa, Ramon and Blue Mary are all very popular characters.

If they decide to bring Heidern back, they could put him on a team with Chin and Takuma a la 2002UM's Master Team. Chin's place could be filled by Momoko and Takuma's place could be filled by Yuri - then Yuri's place on the Women's team could be filled by Chizuru. Or, as hinted at with Clark's interactions with the Women's Team, it could be Whip that takes Yuri's place.

Personally, I don't think KOFXIII is going to get a UM because I don't think it's the last of this arc. There's still several members of "Those from the Past" wandering around and up to nothing good. I think KOFXIV is going to focus on that and wrap the story up before we get another UM or Dream Match.

If they do make a KOFXIIIUM, though, this is how I want the roster will look (taking into consideration that the roster will be made up of characters from the Ash Saga: KOF2003, XI and XIII.)
[spoiler]
Kyo/Benimaru/Goro
Iori/Mature/Vice
K'/Kula/Maxima
Ralf/Clark/Heidern
Athena/Kensou/Momoko
Mai/Chizuru/King
Terry/Andy/Joe
Ryo/Robert/Yuri
Kim/Jhun/Chang
Elizabeth/Shen Woo/Duo Lon
B.Jenet/Gato/Tizoc
Vanessa/Blue Mary/Ramon
Billy/Yamazaki/Geese (New Outlaws Team)
Mr.Big/Kasumi/Eiji (New Anti-Kyokugen Team)
Duck King/Raiden/Hwa Jai (Fatal Fury Rivals Team)
Malin/Hotaru/Hinako (New Young Girls Team)
Chin/Takuma/Tung Fu Rue (New Oyaji Team)
Ash/Adel/Oswald (New Ash Team)
Leona/Whip/Foxy (Heidern's Special Forces Team)
Solo Entrants: Saiki, Shingo[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 04:03:37 AM by the7k »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 04:09:35 AM »
I don't think you can hypothesize what the next game will be character-wise based on the story of 13. Don't forget that Vice and Mature are in the game as ghosts, why are they back as ghosts? It's not really explained. They could bring back whoever, they could bring Yashiro, Shermie, Chris, and Chiziru back and say they're ghosts or robots or clones or that they were cloned and made into cyborgs controlled by giant monkeys just like the one's in Metal Slug.

I'm betting on it.

About the only thing that's a pretty safe bet is that Ash/Saiki is not coming back. But ya' never know. 
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 10:27:22 AM »
They at least had a "rational by video game standards" reason for Vice and Mature coming back, in that someone was trying to take control of Orochi and since Orochi couldn't take care of it himself being sealed away for the next 600+ years, he had to have someone else do it for him. The only person who could take care of it was Iori (Leona and Yamazaki have essentially 'walked off' the curse, while everyone else is dead), but he needed to have someone there to guide him into taking back the cursed jewel.

Now that he's taken back the jewel, Mature and Vice are no longer around, so it's pretty safe to say they won't be in the next game along with Ash and Saiki. Of course, throwing away 4 characters that required so damn much work to make is unlikely to happen, so who knows.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 10:49:51 AM »
Guarantee you that Vice and Mature are here to stay. They're fan favorites plus as you said it took so much time to create those characters that it's unlikely that they will simply discard them.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »
I can see into the future.  This is what will happen.

Vice and Mature will be given flesh for a job well done.  They will return and be even more powerful.  If they were spirits, why did Mature require an eyepatch?  If she was a spirit, couldn't she come back as her 96 form without the misshapen look?  She's probably a wraith.

Yamazaki will make a return and fight Iori Yagami and beat him.

Chin will remember he has a rope on his gourd, and we will call that Chin EX and he will be in KOF 14.

Ralf will defy gravity and get his LARF kick back.  He will also remember how to throw people in the air.

Clark will remember there is more than two throws and start rolling around the stage again and tackle people.

Even though we tried to pray the gay away, Ash Crimson will return and Elizabreasts will chew him out.  He will like it and continue to wear designer clothes.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 01:27:47 PM »
I can see into the future.  This is what will happen.

Vice and Mature will be given flesh for a job well done.  They will return and be even more powerful.  If they were spirits, why did Mature require an eyepatch?  If she was a spirit, couldn't she come back as her 96 form without the misshapen look?  She's probably a wraith.

Yamazaki will make a return and fight Iori Yagami and beat him.

Chin will remember he has a rope on his gourd, and we will call that Chin EX and he will be in KOF 14.

Ralf will defy gravity and get his LARF kick back.  He will also remember how to throw people in the air.

Clark will remember there is more than two throws and start rolling around the stage again and tackle people.

Even though we tried to pray the gay away, Ash Crimson will return and Elizabreasts will chew him out.  He will like it and continue to wear designer clothes.

I hate how you're predictions made me laugh so hard.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 05:54:43 AM »
Guarantee you that Vice and Mature are here to stay. They're fan favorites plus as you said it took so much time to create those characters that it's unlikely that they will simply discard them.
I dunno, man, there's always been a lot of people demanding a return of the New Faces Team and yet they only come back for Make-Believe fights.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »

To tell you the truth it's hard to choose but if I'll choose they would be, for the first category:

1.Ryuji Yamazaki
2.Saisyu Kusanagi
3.Orochi Yashiro
4.Yashiro
5.Lin

The second category:

1.Geese
2.Rugal
3.Krauser
4.Heavy D
5.Krizalid

I think if they will bring "those from the past" it wont be a UM it would be KoF XIV, thats obvious.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2012, 04:58:23 PM »
category 1
Oswald
Orochi / normal Chris
Whip
Angel
Jhun

category 2
Oswald
Angel
Orochi team
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 05:48:19 PM by a11111357 »

Blue!

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2012, 11:16:54 PM »
Shermie and Blue Mary would make my life complete.  Been playing some KoF 98 and just love the way those characters play.

Also Lucky Glauber needs to come back with a f'in vengeance.  It'll happen!  :D

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2012, 02:41:16 AM »
All i want is Gato and May Lee.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
EX Terry: Give him the Garou appearance. Lose Rising Tackle and Power Wave Projectile. Replace Power Wave Projectile with the Power Wave he had in 2000 (if memory serves me correctly) where it was a short-ranged blast. Make the EX Power Wave OTG similar to EX Iori's EX Koto Tsuki. Give him access to Power Dunk and Power Charge.

I'd rather EX Terry have a Power Wave that goes full screen, EX version is Round Wave and OTG's. Has Power Dunk+Break, along with Power Charge, he has the Double Blow command normal, Crackshot is always an Overhead, and he can use the Burning Knuckle Feint.

NeoMax is Power Stream.

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2012, 10:40:55 AM »
EX Terry: Give him the Garou appearance. Lose Rising Tackle and Power Wave Projectile. Replace Power Wave Projectile with the Power Wave he had in 2000 (if memory serves me correctly) where it was a short-ranged blast. Make the EX Power Wave OTG similar to EX Iori's EX Koto Tsuki. Give him access to Power Dunk and Power Charge.

I'd rather EX Terry have a Power Wave that goes full screen, EX version is Round Wave and OTG's. Has Power Dunk+Break, along with Power Charge, he has the Double Blow command normal, Crackshot is always an Overhead, and he can use the Burning Knuckle Feint.

NeoMax is Power Stream.
You gave him nothing but positives and not a single negative.

There's absolutely no reason not to pick EX Terry instead of Regular Terry if EX Terry were like this. Might as well just make this regular Terry and say screw EX Terry.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2012, 01:33:26 PM »
His Crackshot is his MOTW version. It doesn't combo, it's slower and not safe like regular Terry's, but it remains an overhead.

Also he loses Rising Tackle, so Terry's anti-air options are worse off. So basically Garou Terry would be slower, hits a bit harder and is much more rushdown oriented.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 01:38:13 PM by Running Wild »

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
If there is going to be any KOFXIII:UM (or sequel), then I would like to see Adel (whom would be DLC much later on in this KOFXIII anyhow). Adel is noteworthy for being a solid character in both of previous appearances (his jump in KOF2003 was ludicrously high, however). He also has a better sense of morality, unlike his father Rugal (whom is one of my favorites).
I would enjoy others like Heidern, Malin, Vanessa, Ramon, Whip, Blue Mary, Oswald, and Geese Howard... and a handful of NESTS agents like Angel. (I really don't want to ask for too much because I understand these things take time and money, but a man can dream...)