Author Topic: greetings from oc.  (Read 2308 times)

maddcheddah

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
greetings from oc.
« on: August 03, 2012, 03:18:24 PM »
New user here from orange county, ca. i'm a casual player looking into getting into competitive gaming. I'm tired of just beating my friends. I'm looking into recording my gameplay for tips as well.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: greetings from oc.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 06:56:17 PM »
Welcome to DreamCancel maddcheddah; while it might be obvious, hopefully KOF XIII is a game you're looking to get very competitive into. If your friends play it too, you can always invite them here so they can level up and be better challenges foryou (rivalries especially can be very good for competitiveness). We'd also be very happy to give you tips and advice on your playing.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 07:03:39 PM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

maddcheddah

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 11:16:37 PM »
Yeah I really like 13. I never played much kof except 2002 and that was only casually. Played a lot of other snk games such as samurai shodown. Do you guys have any recommendations for gear to record matches

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 06:03:45 AM »
you're from the OC? There's The Thursday Runback & many other tournaments in your area! You have players like Mr. KOF, Kane317,The Answer, Bala, Reynald etc! Welcome to Dream Cancel!

maddcheddah

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:04:44 AM »
I know theres one at UCI I just havent made it out yet, wheres the THURS runback?

Tenken

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 11:00:22 PM »
I know theres one at UCI I just havent made it out yet, wheres the THURS runback?

Welcome to Dreamcancel maddcheddah!  
I don't know much about recording gears but I hope you and your friends join in on the KOF scene.
The Runback begins around 9 PM on Thursday nights at the Super Arcade in Walnut, CA:  
1211 North Grand Avenue  Walnut, CA 91789

There's also the Revelations Tournament coming up on 8/18-8/19 (Sat & Sun) at 3 PM:
L3 at the Santa Monica Place, 395 Santa Monica Place Santa Monica, CA 90401
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 11:02:50 PM by Tenken »

maddcheddah

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 05:25:21 AM »
Considered checking that out but walnut is a little out of my way and I would have to be wake up for work the next morning at 5:45 am. I'm thinking about hosting sessions at my apt though if anyone is down.