Author Topic: Athena name is magic, mystery, Is what you see!  (Read 3597 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Athena name is magic, mystery, Is what you see!
« on: October 11, 2010, 02:21:27 AM »
Her crystal is the answer fighting fair to keep us free She's just a little girl with power inside burning bright You'd better hide if you are bad... she'll get you She'll read your mind and find if you believe in right or wrong!  "Fire," "Fire..." Psycho Soldier "Fire," "Fire..." Psycho Soldier

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=684yGJRre0A

Well, SNK was not always fighting games, before the neo geo they created a lot of other games

So yeah, today I was playing Psycho Soldier and Athena, and I think that both games are really good

So yeah, any opinion with those games?

Waifu Material

Remxi

• Strongest Tiger
  • Mithan's Robe
    • View Profile
Re: Athena name is magic, mystery, Is what you see!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 10:46:58 AM »
puru puru yo~

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 01:20:07 AM »
Well, I used to play these games on the NYC MVS cabs in the 90s. I found them to be very good. I would like to play them again if I could.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 03:08:57 AM »
I'm surprised a lot of people don't realize how good a developer was when it came to genre's outside fighters. I still hold the Metal Slug series as one of the best series of all time. Don't forget about Magian Lord as well.

Hell, if you can, try to find the SNK Arcade Classics Vol 1 on PSP. Some really great games in that like Shock Troopers and King of The Monsters.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »
King of the monsters was awesome, good times with the SNES

Magician Lord, I don't know, I don't like it that much, I found it hard in the sense of being badly done instead of a challenging game, but maybe that's just me, something turns me off in that game, even though technically as developed by adk and not SNK

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 06:26:29 AM »
I adore King of the Monsters. It's probably my favorite wrestling game of all time. I like the Metal Slug series, especially 2, but have not played too many other SNK non-fighting games. Back in the day, if I was in front of a NeoGeo, I was either rocking Bust-A-Move or SamSho II. I hope BAM 99 is released on the NeoGeo Station. I have many fond memories of that game.