Author Topic: Cancelling  (Read 4106 times)

TactiKill1

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Cancelling
« on: August 19, 2012, 06:56:39 AM »
I'm having a tough time cancelling from one special into another, in fact I haven't gotten past this part of the tutorial yet. I'm not exactly sure when I should execute the 2nd special, but there doesn't seem to be much of a window to begin with. Are most players using standard controllers with this game (360)? Seems hard to pull off long strings quickly, but that is probably just my inexperience. Smoothly transitioning into HD is tough as well and I usually have to reposition my hand to get both buttons. I know that's not needed for the cancel used in the tutorial though.

Anyway, during the tutorial there's a "d" icon between the first special and into the 2nd, but I'm not sure what that signifies. No manual. Any tips on performing cancels would be appreciated. Thanks.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Cancelling
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 08:49:07 AM »
What tutorial are you talking about?

KnightKinetik

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 10:34:01 AM »
This is in tutorial #2 (which runs you through the gauges) which the drive cancel is for dp.P xDCx qcf.K (which you do the second special input on/straight after the first hit, as after that you're no longer on the ground)

Have a read of this http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=King_of_Fighters_XIII#Super_Meter_and_Drive_Gauge in particular the 'Drive Gauge and Hyperdrive (HD) Mode' as it explains it pretty well.

The 'D' icon in the tutorial indicates that you'll drive cancel into the next special (however this icon actually doesn't seem to appear in the trial mode)

In regards to having trouble entering HD on pad, you set a button (shoulder or trigger most likely) to be your HD activate button (so LK+HP), that will save you having to move your hand position to far out of its regular position.

Hope this helps ^_^.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 01:30:40 PM »
There is a very large buffer, learn to use it.

Special Manipulation 1 | Special Manipulation 2 | Etc ...
......................................| Special Animation 1 | Special Animation 2 | Etc ...

For the principle.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

KnightKinetik

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 02:57:15 PM »
There is a very large buffer, learn to use it.

Special Manipulation 1 | Special Manipulation 2 | Etc ...
......................................| Special Animation 1 | Special Animation 2 | Etc ...

For the principle.

^ I knew there was something a little off on my explanation, this is way better =)

TactiKill1

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 10:23:07 PM »
Great tips thanks, I adjusted my buttons and performing a buffer helped me pull off the drive cancel. Never knew you could do that, thanks. Still feels a little unnatural, but I'm sure with more practice it'll eventually become 2nd nature. Love this game :)

AirLancer

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 01:58:25 PM »
Are most players using standard controllers with this game (360)?

If you can help it, I'd suggest you take your 360 controller and throw it into the Cracks of Doom replace it
with a better pad (if you're inclined to stick with pad). The 360's d-pad is just the absolute worst for fighting games (or...anything). Personally, I use a Dualshock 2 (PS2 Pad), but I also hear good things about the Sega Saturn pad and its clones.

chessmaster

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 02:54:00 AM »
So to drive cancel, start inputting the next move as soon the first one hits?