Author Topic: Raiden (Arcade Version)  (Read 37021 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Raiden
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2010, 05:55:39 AM »

EasyPie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2010, 06:18:38 AM »
Many Thanks, nilcam.

Raiden doesn't need any command moves, he's not incompetent like the rest of the cast.

Sobs...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 06:23:23 AM by EasyPie »

krazykone123

« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2010, 10:53:03 PM »

Raiden doesn't need any command moves, he's not incompetent like the rest of the cast.

Sobs...

Haha sorry I just had too, anyone else got any requests regarding the wiki page?

EasyPie

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 10:10:45 AM »
Yes, an animated streamlined moves performed by that Fighter.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2011, 01:47:39 AM »
So I was reading the Drive Cancel podcast thread and someone mentioned doing GCCD into double dropkicks. Did you mean doing a GCCD, DK lvl 4, st. A, DK lvl 4? If so how would that work? How can you do the GCCD while holding D for the DK?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2011, 02:44:05 AM »
So I was reading the Drive Cancel podcast thread and someone mentioned doing GCCD into double dropkicks. Did you mean doing a GCCD, DK lvl 4, st. A, DK lvl 4? If so how would that work? How can you do the GCCD while holding D for the DK?

I mentioned it on that thread.  It's a tricky thing to pull off but you hold down the two kicks as you would normally, wait for that block frame, and very quickly release the D (while holding the B of course still) and press CD at the same time.  The JBBS says that ppl find it easier to have the C pressed down as well and then quickly release the CD and press it immediately.  The timing is pretty tight as you can imagine otherwise they would not suggest you to hold down the C as well.

GCCD into double dropkicks is so dirty.

So with that logic, I think it was only a couple days or maybe a week later, their were reports of ppl using both Raiden's kick like normal and then immediately going into a lvl4 dropkick haha.  Good thing we haven't seen much of that.

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2011, 08:37:56 PM »
Been playing with Raiden w/out dropkicks and tested out an HD combo during a match playing against John.

s. ;c, HD, d. ;c  ; ;dn ;db ;bk ;a ;c (spit),  (;db ;fd ;a ;c;dn  ;db ;bk ;c) 3x. that did about 80% without the last spit.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2011, 08:40:42 PM »
Been playing with Raiden w/out dropkicks and tested out an HD combo during a match playing against John.

s. ;c, HD, d. ;c  ; ;dn ;db ;bk ;a ;c (spit),  (;db ;fd ;a ;c;dn  ;db ;bk ;c) 3x. that did about 80% without the last spit.

That's why I always say it's such a "shame" since I used Raiden in XII as I liked his design and gameplay, plus he does seem pretty fun, but atlas in his current form I refuse to play him.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2011, 08:43:43 PM »
I'm just trying to be as cheap as possible so this GCCD double dropkick sounds like it mustbe learned haha. So to clarify, I release to CD, then the D dropkick comes out?

If there's a tourney or something here I want to be ready to pick K' Raiden whoever likes everyone else. Only exception is I have to be 3x dirtier.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2011, 08:49:15 PM »

That's why I always say it's such a "shame" since I used Raiden in XII as I liked his design and gameplay, plus he does seem pretty fun, but atlas in his current form I refuse to play him.

You can just play him without doing drop kicks

l2slythe

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »

I agree, you should watch me play against john without dropkicks. its pretty fun.
PSN- MrGreen-AI

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2011, 10:28:23 PM »
I'm just trying to be as cheap as possible so this GCCD double dropkick sounds like it mustbe learned haha. So to clarify, I release to CD, then the D dropkick comes out?

If there's a tourney or something here I want to be ready to pick K' Raiden whoever likes everyone else. Only exception is I have to be 3x dirtier.

NorCal KoF scene = :(

On topic though, I also liked Raiden in XII.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2011, 10:31:15 PM »

I agree, you should watch me play against john without dropkicks. its pretty fun.

I'm actually considering learning him, because I remember I had a lot of fun with him in XII. It's always good to learn characters so I can learn how to play against them better as well. That means I should start playing K' Raiden Elizabeth hahahah

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2011, 11:07:47 PM »

Yeah the times I got it off I remember holding BCD (lol), releasing CD for a split second and then pressing CD again, then quickly release them both and the D dropkick should come out.

Bleh, I dunno, something about that restriction feels funny to me plus there's enough characters right now to keep me interested.  Maybe after I get better with DL.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:09:33 PM by Kane317 »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2011, 11:20:22 PM »

Yeah the times I got it off I remember holding BCD (lol), releasing CD for a split second and then pressing CD again, then quickly release them both and the D dropkick should come out.

Bleh, I dunno, something about that restriction feels funny to me plus there's enough characters right now to keep me interested.  Maybe after I get better with DL.

Sounds like reversal to me hahah. At the beginning I wouldn't switch characters so I can get better with my mains while you were trying a bunch.

Well, you can think about it this way, not trying out a character is more of a restriction than not using a character at all.