Author Topic: Raiden (Arcade Version)  (Read 37014 times)

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Raiden
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2011, 11:33:53 PM »
I know I said pick Raiden and K like everyone else but I don't know who here can actually use Raiden without holding D/B an waiting for the lvl 4. I usually only charge one DK when I use him.

Is light spit punishable on block?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2011, 11:37:12 PM »
I'm just trying to be as cheap as possible so this GCCD double dropkick sounds like it mustbe learned haha. So to clarify, I release to CD, then the D dropkick comes out?

Yeah the times I got it off I remember holding BCD (lol), releasing CD for a split second and then pressing CD again, then quickly release them both and the D dropkick should come out.

You can just play him without doing drop kicks

Bleh, I dunno, something about that restriction feels funny to me plus there's enough characters right now to keep me interested.  Maybe after I get better with DL.

Sounds like reversal to me hahah. At the beginning I wouldn't switch characters so I can get better with my mains while you were trying a bunch.

Well, you can think about it this way, not trying out a character is more of a restriction than not using a character at all.

If the rooster was smaller I might rethink my stubborn ways, but I think it's ok if I don't use Raiden since there's tons of characters for me to learn still.  Basically, I ask myself, "how badly do I want to win?"  If I was in HK I'd might think twice, coz some of those bastards definitely need a dropkick to their face, but with friends I don't feel that I need to win that badly lols.  In some ways, I feel that playing over here has definitely soften me up but I have a lot more fun here.    

You know my gamestyle, I like implementing everything that the character has and really enjoy using the full range of tools; if I had to restrict myself it would just feel weird.  I'm sure I'll use Raiden once more soon.  

Is light spit punishable on block?

If I remember correctly yes, in fact, I think it was the C version that was safe on block if you time it correctly (especially on wake up)--the drawback of course is that it's slower to start up.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 11:42:11 PM by Kane317 »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2011, 12:40:59 AM »
I'm just trying to be as cheap as possible so this GCCD double dropkick sounds like it mustbe learned haha. So to clarify, I release to CD, then the D dropkick comes out?

Yeah the times I got it off I remember holding BCD (lol), releasing CD for a split second and then pressing CD again, then quickly release them both and the D dropkick should come out.

You can just play him without doing drop kicks

Bleh, I dunno, something about that restriction feels funny to me plus there's enough characters right now to keep me interested.  Maybe after I get better with DL.

Sounds like reversal to me hahah. At the beginning I wouldn't switch characters so I can get better with my mains while you were trying a bunch.

Well, you can think about it this way, not trying out a character is more of a restriction than not using a character at all.

If the rooster was smaller I might rethink my stubborn ways, but I think it's ok if I don't use Raiden since there's tons of characters for me to learn still.  Basically, I ask myself, "how badly do I want to win?"  If I was in HK I'd might think twice, coz some of those bastards definitely need a dropkick to their face, but with friends I don't feel that I need to win that badly lols.  In some ways, I feel that playing over here has definitely soften me up but I have a lot more fun here.   

You know my gamestyle, I like implementing everything that the character has and really enjoy using the full range of tools; if I had to restrict myself it would just feel weird.  I'm sure I'll use Raiden once more soon. 

I can understand there's plenty characters to use, but I'd like to point out that even if someone did use Raiden (or K' for the matter) that they wouldn't win a lot more just a little bit more. SF4 has a lot of character match ups that are bad, but according to their match up percentages, most advantages fall at 60%/40%. Since KOF has a lesser impact on character match ups, it would be even less than this.

The more I think about it, even if I did use a complete top tier team, I would probably still lose/win against the same people nearly at the same percentage rate with only a small increase. I think I may just try it out for a couple of weeks and see if it even does make much of a difference.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2011, 02:56:21 AM »
In my brief experience with KOF, the team really didn't matter too much. When I was on point, I wa winning regardless of who I used but when I wasn't playing well, even a completely top tier team didn't help.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2011, 04:25:26 AM »
wow that last raiden combo was real nice. shoulder into ex shoulder twice into nm.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2011, 01:44:46 AM »
Man I still haven't gotten regular CD into B Drop kick yet, what's the point of trying to get the GCCD double drop kick right now haha. Do I let go of DK right after the GCCD?

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Has anyone at the former Arcade Infinity did this?
« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2011, 10:18:35 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFm5xqRs45o&NR=1

I never seen anyone do that in any AI video, but is it possible to basically go through anything with a fierce shoulder tackle?  That wasn't even EX'd and it still went through King's DM like Athena to a donut shop in XII.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »

I never seen anyone do that in any AI video, but is it possible to basically go through anything with a fierce shoulder tackle?  That wasn't even EX'd and it still went through King's DM like Athena to a donut shop in XII.

No need to start an entire topic just for that question. 

His tackle has guardpoint (autoguard), there shouldn't be any surprise as GPs guard any hitbased moved in KOF as usual.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2011, 02:58:15 AM »

His tackle has guardpoint (autoguard), there shouldn't be any surprise as GPs guard any hitbased moved in KOF as usual.

I know the move has autoguard, but how long is his autoguard?  And doesn't it usually fade after a hit or two?

I just find it so funny that his regular tackle trolled a DM that connected first and hit twice yet, he didn't even take any damage on the two hits that did connect.

In KOF 12, I believe that Goro's autoguard still made him take damage through a few hits.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2011, 06:44:35 AM »
He might have two or more GuardPoints.  It just looks crazier because the tackle travels as well.  All GPs in XIII take nono damage to the user.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2011, 06:53:45 PM »
Quick question, sure it's an easy answer: Is Raiden's Shoulder charge safe on block? Are both version safe or just the B version? Thanks.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
Quick question, sure it's an easy answer: Is Raiden's Shoulder charge safe on block? Are both version safe or just the B version? Thanks.

Neither:  -6/-16/-10 frames for the A/C/EX versions.  However, you have to factor in pushback etc...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2011, 04:17:38 AM »
Good to know, thanks. There goes using Raiden's Shoulder Charge like Alex's Shoulder in 3S.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2011, 04:23:22 AM »

dosnt it have auto guard through out the hole move like in XII