Author Topic: NEC XIII - Dec 1st-2nd - Philly, PA - NEW VENUE  (Read 15588 times)

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
Re: NEC XIII - Dec 1st-2nd - Philly, PA - NEW VENUE
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 02:59:40 AM »
Could teams be 2v2 Mi-Ka-Do style, double elim, and Best 2 out of 3 for Grand Finals only?
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

The HuBBs

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 05:14:24 PM »
Rooms at the Holiday Inn Venue are SOLD OUT!. We managed to secure you rooms at the Sheraton Suites Hotel. DO NOT RESERVE A ROOM THERE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MEANS OF TRAVEL FROM THE SHERATON TO THE HOLIDAY INN.

Sheraton Suites Hotel Discount: $95 a night before taxes. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1211139204&key=A14D5

Could teams be 2v2 Mi-Ka-Do style, double elim, and Best 2 out of 3 for Grand Finals only?

That depends on what the TO says.  Mono is running KOF.

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 04:00:55 AM »
Rooms at the Holiday Inn Venue are SOLD OUT!. We managed to secure you rooms at the Sheraton Suites Hotel. DO NOT RESERVE A ROOM THERE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MEANS OF TRAVEL FROM THE SHERATON TO THE HOLIDAY INN.

Sheraton Suites Hotel Discount: $95 a night before taxes. https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/StarGroupsWeb/booking/reservation?id=1211139204&key=A14D5

That depends on what the TO says.  Mono is running KOF.

Ok where could I ask the TO, here or SRK?
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2012, 04:31:36 AM »
Sorry for double posting but who's going to have a setup Friday night for casuals?
-Anony on Sankaku

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »
Sorry for double posting but who's going to have a setup Friday night for casuals?

Im bringing my ps3 and getting there friday. Not sure about a screen tho lol

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 05:54:32 PM »
I'll have a full setup in my room.

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 03:35:51 AM »
The hotel TV's will lag unless you bring an HDMI cable & set the resolution correctly on the system.
-Anony on Sankaku

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »
Well, I guess I can bring one extra monitor with me.  So if anyone wants to bring their ps3 to my room, we can have two full set ups.

The HuBBs

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2012, 04:13:02 AM »
You people have less than 3 hours to pre-reg online for NEC. Hurry up or pay $40 at the door.

http://bigegaming.com/?page_id=5

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 05:16:34 AM »
Room 625 is the official room for casuals
-Anony on Sankaku

MonoTekETeA

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 06:10:46 AM »
Hey Guys, this is Jeremy.

I wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone that came out this weekend for KoF. I was really energized and motivated by everyone and their attitudes. I also wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and informative feedback. When a few of you said that these were the smoothest brackets you played in out of the whole tournament I was surprised and humbled, after all this the first time I ran brackets at a "major." Summer Jam is like a minor major if you know what I mean. I also wanted to make a public post to address some concerns. This post reflects only my personal thoughts on how KoF (singles focused) went this past weekend, which was my responsibility. This is not an official Big E Gaming statement.

First off I would like to address the issue of feeling "shunned." This feeling can come from a few different areas, but I feel as if it all branches off of two issues, and that was starting late with a limited number of setups. We started 30-45 minutes late, and that was due to me trying to do too many things at once. I was setting up the stream feed in the bar way too close to having to set up the brackets. I would like to personally apologize for that. While I haven't received word that we may have made it on the big screen, we would have had a better chance to do so. The number of setups also goes hand in hand with finishing earlier and a chance on stage. Late into the second pool, monitors opened up that I could have utilized, but I didn't have systems to place there. I apologize for not asking everyone if they had extra setups because again, we may have finished earlier providing a greater chance at recognition.

This is why I feel there is a feeling of being shunned. We had to then play our top 8 during the two largest (and loudest) finals of the weekends, incidentally towards the corner of the ballroom during the last few hours of the whole event.

The stream quality wasn't something that I could control, but I would like to thank bifuteki for streaming, because I remember a time when it was a big deal just to be able to record game play for youtube (it is standard fare now a days I know, but no reason we shouldn't at least appreciate it.) I just hope that he looks into a dedicated hotspot and not phone tethering for the future.

I will be working all year to make NEC14 much better then NEC13 for all of us. I will be more involved with the community and will make it something to remember; seriously, I don't mess around. With that said, I will start playing more KoF then Garou:Mark of the Wolves, but I don't expect my skill to amount to much in either title, lol.

Any feedback is appreciated, both positive and negative. You can count on me using it either way to make a positive change in any future events I run or I am apart of.

Again, thank you all for coming out and being rock solid community. Cali, you guys were amazing coming out to NEC, I hope return the gesture and to see you all at EVO (I haven't traveled out of the tri-state area majors, so it is a big deal to me). To all my East Coast players, keep your eye out for me, I hope to kick off a few KoF only events in the coming months. To ATLUS if you are reading, you are the best company a FGC community could ask for when making and supporting a game. Thank you for your continued support.

Goodnight guys and happy holidays. Congratulations to our winners this weekend.
-Jeremy @DES_Mono out

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 06:22:27 AM »
Hey Guys, this is Jeremy.

I wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone that came out this weekend for KoF. I was really energized and motivated by everyone and their attitudes. I also wanted to thank everyone for their kind words and informative feedback. When a few of you said that these were the smoothest brackets you played in out of the whole tournament I was surprised and humbled, after all this the first time I ran brackets at a "major." Summer Jam is like a minor major if you know what I mean. I also wanted to make a public post to address some concerns. This post reflects only my personal thoughts on how KoF (singles focused) went this past weekend, which was my responsibility. This is not an official Big E Gaming statement.

First off I would like to address the issue of feeling "shunned." This feeling can come from a few different areas, but I feel as if it all branches off of two issues, and that was starting late with a limited number of setups. We started 30-45 minutes late, and that was due to me trying to do too many things at once. I was setting up the stream feed in the bar way too close to having to set up the brackets. I would like to personally apologize for that. While I haven't received word that we may have made it on the big screen, we would have had a better chance to do so. The number of setups also goes hand in hand with finishing earlier and a chance on stage. Late into the second pool, monitors opened up that I could have utilized, but I didn't have systems to place there. I apologize for not asking everyone if they had extra setups because again, we may have finished earlier providing a greater chance at recognition.

This is why I feel there is a feeling of being shunned. We had to then play our top 8 during the two largest (and loudest) finals of the weekends, incidentally towards the corner of the ballroom during the last few hours of the whole event.

The stream quality wasn't something that I could control, but I would like to thank bifuteki for streaming, because I remember a time when it was a big deal just to be able to record game play for youtube (it is standard fare now a days I know, but no reason we shouldn't at least appreciate it.) I just hope that he looks into a dedicated hotspot and not phone tethering for the future.

I will be working all year to make NEC14 much better then NEC13 for all of us. I will be more involved with the community and will make it something to remember; seriously, I don't mess around. With that said, I will start playing more KoF then Garou:Mark of the Wolves, but I don't expect my skill to amount to much in either title, lol.

Any feedback is appreciated, both positive and negative. You can count on me using it either way to make a positive change in any future events I run or I am apart of.

Again, thank you all for coming out and being rock solid community. Cali, you guys were amazing coming out to NEC, I hope return the gesture and to see you all at EVO (I haven't traveled out of the tri-state area majors, so it is a big deal to me). To all my East Coast players, keep your eye out for me, I hope to kick off a few KoF only events in the coming months. To ATLUS if you are reading, you are the best company a FGC community could ask for when making and supporting a game. Thank you for your continued support.

Goodnight guys and happy holidays. Congratulations to our winners this weekend.
-Jeremy @DES_Mono out

I'm not gonna lie & say everything's alright because I had an awful time in regards to KOF which was what I was looking forward too for MONTHS but everyone makes mistakes, miscommunication occured, and many issues come up, but if you need help, don't hesitate to ask, especially with experienced TO such as myself, Lazie Freddie, and Marco Polo, who are also well known on the EC community.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 07:46:16 AM by Malik »
-Anony on Sankaku

MonoTekETeA

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 06:34:26 AM »
Oh shit, that's right! Thank you to Freddie and Nick for offering and covering the fourth setup. I meant to mention that as well.

I'm not gonna lie & say everything's alright because I had an awful time in regards to KOF which was what I was looking forward too for MONTHS but everyone makes mistakes, miscommunication is done, and many issues come up, but if you need help, don't hesitate to ask, especially with experienced TO such as myself, Lazie Freddie, and Marco Polo, who are also well known on the EC community.

Thank you and I will.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 10:10:23 AM »
Thanks for the explanation Jeremy. I heard it didn't go all that well, but I wasn't able to check out the stream for myself due to work, but at least we know why things went sour. I thank you for what you did and trying to hold everything together on your end. I'm sure you'll have plenty of eager and experienced help for the next NEC, as well as the KOF only events your looking to run in the EC. Please let us know as soon as you can details about this so we can promote it as early as possible.

Thanks again.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

LazieFreddy

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 11:42:01 AM »
Hey Jeremy, thank you very much for stepping up and taking over the brackets at summer jam and NEC.  I had a great time throughout the weekend meeting everyone.  

I feel like a lot of the problems we ran into were beyond our control, like the power failure at the KOF station on Saturday and spotty 4G internet for the Bifuteki stream on Sunday.  Despite the hiccups, I think the event turned out fine.  

I think next time it would be helpful if we could have the sign up and tournament start times clearly posted somewhere on the hallway.  We could even set up a mini poster board in the hallway for communications (looking for team mates, casual sessions inquiry, etc)

Another thing that would make it easier for both players and you would be to make it possible to sign up for the tournament earlier in the weekend, that way you will have more time to set up the brackets, estimate the number of setups required, and give players some free time to go do their own thing before the tournament as opposed to be waiting around for sign ups.

Like others said, we are all here to help if you ever need it. Don't hesitate to ask.

That being said, I think we as a community could also do a better job at promoting the event.  Every other community (anime, mk, capcom, 3d, smash) has at least one established streamer, we on the other hand seem to be lacking in that department, especially on the East Coast.  I really appreciate Bifuteki for providing stream time for us (and for streaming Kumate lately), but I think we as a community could grow a bit faster if we could get more dedicated streams.  I am personally looking into starting up a stream, I hope others do too. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:19:02 PM by LazieFreddy »