Author Topic: (´・ω・`)  (Read 3516 times)

Rakukojin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
(´・ω・`)
« on: October 20, 2010, 02:42:07 PM »
Just a small introduction. Originally from SoCal, taught to play Street Fighter from Mr. Street Fighter himself Alex Valle before moving to Japan where I gained more of an interest in SNK fighting games, particularly KOF, MOTW and FFS. Now I primarily play KOF XIII with some OG 98 and 2002 on the side.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: (´・ω・`)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 03:16:44 PM »
Welcome to Dream Cancel! We're looking forward to any insights you can provide.

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 04:42:11 PM »
Welcome,
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 10:12:24 PM »
Japan? Cool.
Welcome, man.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 08:27:46 AM »
Just a small introduction. Originally from SoCal, taught to play Street Fighter from Mr. Street Fighter himself Alex Valle before moving to Japan where I gained more of an interest in SNK fighting games, particularly KOF, MOTW and FFS. Now I primarily play KOF XIII with some OG 98 and 2002 on the side.

Welcome, did you used to play at Golfland then?  Alex Valle used to play '97 and '98 with us.  How is the scene for XIII doing over in the Land of the Rising Sun?

Rakukojin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 10:19:25 AM »
Quote from: Kane317
Welcome, did you used to play at Golfland then?  Alex Valle used to play '97 and '98 with us.  How is the scene for XIII doing over in the Land of the Rising Sun?
Actually I got into the scene after SHGL closed, but I met Valle when he came to the arcade at my college and I lived very close to his apartment so I that's where I lived to play competitively.

The XIII scene here is still going strong. There was an influx of more K' and Raiden players after Tougeki and a massive decrease in Mature players after 1.1 hit, but that's to be expected. But in comparison to the KCE videos I've watched (I watch them randomly), there's a lot more variety in characters than you would be lead to believe.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 05:21:34 PM »
Quote from: Kane317
Actually I got into the scene after SHGL closed, but I met Valle when he came to the arcade at my college and I lived very close to his apartment so I that's where I lived to play competitively.

The XIII scene here is still going strong. There was an influx of more K' and Raiden players after Tougeki and a massive decrease in Mature players after 1.1 hit, but that's to be expected. But in comparison to the KCE videos I've watched (I watch them randomly), there's a lot more variety in characters than you would be lead to believe.

That's REAL great news, awesome.  You plan on coming back or did you move there permanently?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 06:36:21 PM »
valle plays kof? is he any good?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rakukojin

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 07:54:02 AM »
That's REAL great news, awesome.  You plan on coming back or did you move there permanently?
For the time being, it's temporary but I'm working on moving here permanently.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 08:35:31 AM »

That was back in the days, '97 and '98.  Yeah he was good, just like anyone who has mastered a fighting game coming on to a different game, was he KOF good, not in the conventional sense, but he was good.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 08:30:53 PM »

That was back in the days, '97 and '98.  Yeah he was good, just like anyone who has mastered a fighting game coming on to a different game, was he KOF good, not in the conventional sense, but he was good.

We need a well-known person in the FG community like him to put KOF on the map... I know Justin Wong plays alittle bit, but doesn't get into it too much because "there's no competition ($$$)"...