Author Topic: [Jan 11-13, 2013] Apex 2013 New Brunswick, NJ [Pot Bonuses for all games]  (Read 7981 times)

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile

January 11-13th, 2013

www.apex-series.com

Apex 2013 is here and ready to change the way you look at Video Game events. During the past few months we have been working every day on new ideas, concepts, and ways to give all of you the best experience possible. This year has been great as we have grown exponentially! Though we had some growing pains last year, we have now worked out a lot of kinks to make 2013 the year of Apex!

We have addressed many of the issues APEX2012 was criticized for. We have hired TS Min and he will be organizing the entire tournament this year. We are also switching to PS3 and rearranging the floor space so that the FGC can get a better experience. We listened to the feedback and made , or in the process of, making the necessary adjustments. We will be providing booths, equipment, and prizes that will encourages players from all over to attend. We have also changed the layout of the venue so that we can make sure there is enough room for everyone. That means that no matter how many people enter there will be enough for everyone to have a great time. We have also spoken with the eateries and we will be bringing you even more food choices. Our goal this year is to provide a great experience for everyone that will give people a mix of casual activities with competitive events.

Looking towards the upcoming year we will be doing a lot of great things for our Video Game communities. We will be doing Live, and pre-recorded, interviews featuring special guests, top players, and newcomers. Anyone and everyone can be interviewed by our team and expect to have some great stuff to watch as the tournament has some down-time between matches.

Do not expect just the interviews to be the only great things we are doing. We will have many booths there to give people something to look around for. This can include development groups, industry booths, and special “fan-made” booths that will give people PLENTY of free gifts and give-a-ways. To add to that Artist Alley is returning to give all those looking for awesome Pins, Stickers, and various trinkets for everyone to take home things for yourself and family.

As the year goes on expect to hear huge announcements. Looking towards the future, Apex 2013 will be the event of year.

Note : Pre-Register here http://www.apex-series.com/registration/

First 30 people who register get the official Apex 2013 album made by OCremix!

Venue Fee: $30

Game Listing (All games will be played on PS3, While Smash will be played on Wii/GC/N64 respectively) :

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Singles ($15) + $1500 Pot Bonus + VXG Stipend
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Doubles ($10 Per Person) - 128 Team Cap
Super Smash Bros. Melee Singles ($15) + $1500 Pot Bonus
Super Smash Bros. Melee Doubles ($10 Per Person) - 128 Team Cap
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition Version 2012 ($10) + $1000 Pot Bonus + VXG Stipend
Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 ($10) + $1000 Pot Bonus + VXG Stipend
King of Fighters XIII ($10) + $250 Pot Bonus
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ($10) + $500 Pot Bonus
Soul Calibur V ($10) + $250 Pot Bonus
Super Smash Bros. ($5 Per Person) - 64 Man Cap
Pokemon Black/White 2 ($5 Per Person)
Persona 4 ($10) + $250 Pot Bonus
VXG stipend is provided by

The winners of Brawl, AE, Marvel get a free , ALL EXPENSES PAID TRIP to St. Maarten for the Video X Games. This means you will be getting a free trip to a caribbean island for winning Apex!

Rutgers Student Center
126 College Avenue New Brunswick, NJ 08901
Venue Info

The Rutgers Student Center will be our venue once again. Throughout our time there we have had a great experience. In the venue itself there are several eateries (Subway, Burger King, Chinese Food ) but outside there are several small places where you can get sandwiches ( e.g. R-U-Hungry) and a small pizzeria behind the
venue.

In addition to that, the venue also has an upstairs area for those who want to relax without the noise of the tournament area. It is a great idea for those who have already finished their events/pools/etc. and want to relax and watch the stream via the free Wi-Fi there.

The Student Center will also have sofas, chairs, and enough room to just relax through the entire event!

Planes

Airports that are the nearest to the venue are the following (in order of distance):
EWR - Newark Airport
LGA - LaGuardia Airport
JFK - JFK (John F. Kennedy) Airport

Trains

The best train to use is the NJ Transit http://tinyurl.com/6pm7juj. It is within walking distance and, or you can take a cab for approx. $7-10 each way to the venue or hotel.

Automobiles

You can view the information for the venue on their website here:http://getinvolved.rutgers.edu/centers/center-listing/5
This includes driving directions.

We have worked out a deal once again with the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick.

Two Albany Street,
New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA 08901
Tel: +1 732 873 1234
http://www.newbrunswick.hyatt.com

The hotel is conveniently located down the road from the venue and available at a discounted price. See the instructions below for booking and rates.

RESERVATIONS PROCESS & BOOKING WEBSITE

ONLINE RESERVATIONS ONLY the link below will take you to a site dedicated toward making your reservation quick and easy. You will be able to make, modify and cancel your hotel reservations online, as well as take advantage of any room upgrades, amenities or other services offered by the hotel.

To view the website, please click the following link:

https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=9904713

Click here to reserve your rooms!

Live Streams

Twitch.tv/8WayRun

Twitch.tv/Bifuteki

Twitch.tv/ChiboSempai

One of the great things about Apex is our media broadcast. This year we are going to be providing even more content than any past event! We listened to your feedback, I'm talking about you stream monsters, and we believe we have found the answer. For the first time, Apex 2013 will have THREE great streams. The main stream provided by 8WayRun, leads the way doing every game’s championship rounds (top 8/top 4).Bifuteki and ChiboSempai will be providing content solely for the FGC and Smash series respectively throughout the weekend. There will be something to watch for everyone. We will be doing our best to make sure the great players get on a stream in some way or form. Trust us when we say this will be something for everyone and even more matches than ever before. With this in mind we will make sure our commentary for each game is of the HIGHEST standard. We are even hiring the best commentators for each game for your viewing pleasure.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:14:41 AM by meanestrage »

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: [Jan 11-13, 2013] Apex 2013 New Brunswick, NJ [Pot Bonuses for all games]
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 05:47:10 PM »
EDIT: Here is the revised schedule. Its final until further notice so plan accordingly

FRIDAY:
   10:00am : Check-in + Free Play
   12:00pm : Melee Doubles Bracket (complete)
   2:00pm : Brawl Doubles Bracket (complete)
   2:00pm : Soulcalibur V (to top 8)
   3:00pm : Smash Bros 64 (to top 4)
   4:00pm : King of Fighters XIII (to top 8)
   5:00pm : Pokemon Black/White 2 (complete)
   6:00pm : SSF4 Arcade Edition 2012 (to top 8)
   10:00pm : Brawl USA VS The World Exhibition (on 8wayrun)
   : all streams doing selected matches all day

SATURDAY:
   8:00am : Check-in + Free Play
   10:00am : Brawl/Melee Singles Pools 1-8
   11:00am : Smash Bros 64 Top 4 (on 8wayrun)
   12:00pm : Persona 4 Arena (to top 8)
   1:00pm : Brawl/Melee Singles Pools 9-16
   1:30pm : Soulcalibur V Top 8 (on 8wayrun)
   2:00pm : Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (to top 8)
   4:00pm : Brawl/Melee Singles Pools 17-24
   4:00pm : King of Fighers XIII Top 8 (on 8wayrun)
   5:00pm : Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (to top 8)
   6:30pm : Persona 4 Arena Top 8 (on 8wayrun)
   7:00pm : Brawl/Melee Singles Pools 25-32
   10:00pm : Melee USA VS The World Exhibition (on 8wayrun)
   : 8wayrun - in addition to the scheduled matches... other stuff
   : bifuteki - selected FGC matches all day
   : clashtournaments - selected SMASH matches all day

SUNDAY:
   8:00am : Check-in + Free Play
   10:00am : Melee Singles Top 128 (to top 8) (on bifuteki)
   10:00am : Brawl Singles Top 128 (to top 8) (on clashtournaments)
   10:00am : Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Top 8 (on 8wayrun)
   12:00pm : SSF4 Arcade Edition 2012 Top 8 (on 8wayrun)
   2:30pm : Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 Top 8 (on 8wayrun)
   5:00pm : Melee Singles Top 8 (on 8wayrun)
   7:00pm : Brawl Singles Top 8 (on 8wayrun)
   10:00pm : Closing Ceremonies
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 04:13:23 PM by meanestrage »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 08:09:42 PM »
I have a question about this tournament. Not exactly KOF XIII related, but I thought I'd ask here.

I heard on this website

http://mcleodgaming.com/

that this tournament will be previewing Super Smash Flash 2 v0.9 and that footage of the game will be streamed. Is this true?

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »
I have a question about this tournament. Not exactly KOF XIII related, but I thought I'd ask here.

I heard on this website

http://mcleodgaming.com/

that this tournament will be previewing Super Smash Flash 2 v0.9 and that footage of the game will be streamed. Is this true?

As of right now that is in our plans. Super Smash Flash 2 v.09 will be playable. Not sure if its going to be streamed but most likely will. Hope to see you there!

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
If you havent registered for Apex 2013, do so now at http://www.apex-series.com/registration/

If you still need to book a room go here https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=9904713

Rooms are going quick so reserve your room now!!

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 05:21:10 AM »
Alright East Coast, let's bump this up, I'll more than likely be in attendance as well, just have to make some financial adjustments here & there but I should be good to go
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

meanestrage

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 07:29:32 PM »
Guys. This is only a month away. Get hype!!

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 12:46:52 AM »
Going, see everyone who's coming there
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Really looking forward to this tourney!

Just in case I don't catch the stream, will you guys upload the stream or parts of it on Youtube?

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Really looking forward to this tourney!

Just in case I don't catch the stream, will you guys upload the stream or parts of it on Youtube?

It varies on who's streaming & what actually gets put on stream
-Anony on Sankaku

Zen Woo

• New Challenger
  • Tournament Organizer
    • View Profile
    • Team|Frontera Blogspot
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2013, 06:32:52 PM »
I will post this event on my facebook group thank you very much for the info.