Pao Pao Cafe > Pro-Gear

Wireless Fightpad for PS3

(1/1)

aldazo:
Hi, I'm looking for advice to choose a good wireless controller (gamepad) for fighting games on PS3; I don't care too much about the buttons layout but I do care about the d-pad. I was using the PS2 controller (dualshock 2) with a converter on my PS3 and I didn't notice any problem aside from the blisters  :( but I solve that using a finger cut from a wool glove to cover my thumb ... I know, it is weird. The other minor problem was the two left shoulder buttons but you can get used to that if you assign your less used buttons to them.

The real problem I have is the wire. I have the PS3 connected in my living room near to the door and every time someone get out from or get in to the living room he has to be very careful to not pull the wire off; I cannot move the tv or the ps3 if someone ask. Also my dogs and cats usually want "to play" with the wires and it drives me crazy.

So I have to use the DualShock 3 controller and I'm cool with that, I can do qcf, qcb, hcf, hcb, and dp motions without problems, I have some hardtime doing Ryo's zanretsuken (f,b,f + punch) or vice command grab (hcb,f + punch) but not to the point of hating the controller. What I hate is failing to get the supers, I mean these moves:
1. qcf hcb + any button
2. qcb hcf + any button
that's because sometimes I want to do them quickly and instead I get a punch, a kick or whatever and get punished from that or failing to punish my opponent. I can do these motions consistently if I do them very slowly, but sometimes I want to do them on reaction and just can't.

So I bought the logitech cordless precision for PS3 and the d-pad is nice (I don't need to use the wool finger anymore but I use it nonetheless  ;)), although the d-pad "clicks" all the time; the buttons are almost the same (except for the analog triggers, but I prefer the logitech ones). So what is the problem? There is just one litle problem, unlike the PS3 controller, I have to push harder the four directionals (up, down, left, right) to get them registered; so when I want to run forward or dash backwards I have to press "harder" (from what I used to), the same for hyper jumps. So I feel that "slows" me. But I have to say that I have not any problem with the supers mentioned before, and now I can do them quickly without problems.

So, what I really want to know is if someone have any advice regarding a good d-pad on a wireless controller for PS3 that let you to motions (qcf, hcf and any combination of those) without problems including run, dash, and any kind of jumps. I was reading about the "white Dualshock 3" that supposedly has a better d-pad than the "black dualshock 3", so I'd appreciate if someone could bear out that or suggest some other wireless controller with a good d-pad. The logitech is fine but the ps2 dualshock is better. Regards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version