Poll

On which title (fighting) should SNKp work after they finish XIII?

The king of fighters XIV
11 (16.4%)
Neo Geo battle coliseum 2
9 (13.4%)
GMOTW 2
25 (37.3%)
Maximum impact 3
4 (6%)
SVC Chaos 2
4 (6%)
New Samurai Shodown
9 (13.4%)
Other
5 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: On which title (fighting) should SNKp work after they finish XIII?  (Read 31613 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: On which title (fighting) should SNKp work after they finish XIII?
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2011, 04:26:54 PM »

Their 3d products for the most part failed to get the sales they wanted. the future of their company is hinging upon the success of KOF XIII (the last great true 2d fighting game). If it fails then that's probably it for Playmore. Maybe they would throw out old titles, but I am pretty sure they would stop all new titles for the future. If it succeeds, you now have a demand to bring out more titles with the 2d style they have already thrown in so much money on.

Well, they don't have to another fighter with ultra high-res 60 FPS 2D Sprites. They could just as easily go with what Arc is doing right now. Seems to be working for them. A new Fatal Fury game with Line Shifting and Break Shots would definitely attract people looking for something different.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

ShinBlanka

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • FINAL ROUND
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2011, 04:56:48 PM »
My favorite snk games are the FATAL FURY SERIES!  Of course i'm going to say GMOTW2 even though I sucked at that game.  Fatal Fury is the ORIGINAL flagship series for SNK.
FINAL ROUND "A Staple in the Fighting Game Community"

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2011, 08:19:01 PM »
Here's what I think is going to happen:

KOF13 comes out, does good sales, SNKP/Atlus are going for a slow burn approach with sales and will continue to support the game with patches, possibly more DLC characters, and support the tourney scene. We'll probably see a KOF14 in 2014/15 or so. I would guess that next title will play more like KOFXI.

In between that I think they're best chances are: a New Metal Slug. Aside from KOF, Metal Slug is their most recognized franchise and I'd love to see a new one with branching paths like in the 3rd game. The problem is that the typical Metal Slug game will take about an hour to finish with a low death run and how do you charge $60 for that? If it's a downloadable title, their budget will reflect that and it probably wouldn't hi-def sprites, I wouldn't rule out completely redrawn sprites still.

I think that's being realistic.

Either that or more UM titles.

JAVH

• New Challenger
  • Dark Templar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2011, 01:41:22 AM »
Garou, but for things like just defend they must add more frames to the chars, would be fine if they use the same technique like BB.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2011, 02:47:07 AM »
Like Louis said above, realistically speaking a new Metal Slug game would be released next if anything.

If that were the case, I think all of 7/XX's cast should return(including Leona), and it should have more than just 5 or 6 missions. Graphically, Metal Slug is a game that has never had to evolve beyond it's MS1 graphics, plus it's caricature-esque  style has always been appealing and what makes Metal Slug attractive, so that's not a real issue. As far as gameplay goes, it should continue to use the same mechanics what make it so addicting and fun.

At the same time, a MOTW2 would be great, either that or add Rock as DLC in XIII.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2011, 08:39:26 AM »
I'd love to see a MOTW 2 but here's the problem: Do they reuse the KOF13 sprites or draw entirely new sprites? If they reuse the KOF13 sprites, they can't really cut corners and have the MOTW 2 sprites look less polished, and there's only so many headswaps available (and I will maintain that Rock could be added if they headswap Kyo's body). If they don't, how are the sprites going to be handled? Doubtful that they would go the HD 60 FPS route like 13, maybe go 2.5D or go with brand new sprites that are easy to make.

That's the problem in a nutshell. And let's say they add Terry (plays like his MOTW self), Kim is headswapped for his 2 sons, we get Joe's apprentice (another headswap) and an Andy, Mai, and Ryo-like characters. That still leaves 10 or so brand new characters that have to be made.

I could see this happening: They make high quality sprites for MOTW 2, headswap a few characters from 13, but make perhaps a more casual game with the Just Defend mechanic making a comeback along with Line Sways, Break Shots, and whatever else. Game comes out, is hopefully successful, they can then take the newly created MOTW 2 sprites and use them in KOF14.

Just a hypothesis.

I do support a good remake of Fatal Fury too.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 08:41:53 AM by LouisCipher »

OrochiLeona

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2011, 09:35:57 AM »
Howdy, Just increasing the Garou 2 love.
It's about time, word?

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2011, 08:18:15 PM »
SNK should just make new original sprites for a Garou 2, ones that are actually HD. KOFXIII's sprites aren't HD, and SNK has never been the type of developer to re-use sprites for their various series, Fatal Fury, KOF, Samurai Shodown, etc, all had their own sprite styles, save for the exception of cross-over type games like SvC Chaos and NGBC which re-used the KOF style.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 09:25:17 PM by Running Wild »

MC2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2011, 09:10:30 PM »
I would have no problem with any of those games, but Garou 2 has been a LONG time coming now.  That and the original Garou is one of my favorite fighting games of all time, SNK or otherwise. 

djdell82

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2011, 09:57:14 PM »
I actually torn between MotW 2 and NGBC 2. Some of my friends how don't play and SNK games, but plays 3rd Strike, always plays MotW over my house. Matter of fact, this morning two of my best friends want to hop on MotW for online play. They played the XBL version first, which I won't get into the netcode issues and others with that game, but the enjoyed the GGPO version better. Besides, I miss playing Rock, that's one of my favorite characters on the game. And besides, IMO, if SNK wants the balling to keep rolling off the beginning and hopefully continuing success off of KOF XIII, they should at least make it. Most 3rd Strike players I know personally loves MotW and to me, its great for tourney play, so at least that will help, along with the new players, but not the flavor of the month kind, if you get my drift.

NGBC 2 would be nice as well, but I just love that game to death. Don't remember, but I think Mr. Big and Kim was top tier in that game. I had nice matches off that game as well as tourney footage that's on steaming sites. Other than that, it's just of my favorites SNK games.

Both games I would mind seeing a sequel, with the usual tune ups(GGPO netcode?, new characters, spectate mode, trail mode, etc.) that would make the after shelf life of the game last for a long time. a nice written storyline that makes since and is nice similar to MK or KOF XIII.

just my two cents....
Death before Dishonor, the words I live by in fighter games and life itself. What do you live by?????

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2011, 09:35:31 AM »
Now that I think about it, it would make sense that a second MOTW would be made next. Good sales of KOFXIII would actually allow SNK to develop and release a sequel. It's been a long time coming, so that would also be why it's likely to be their next project.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 08, 2011, 08:57:29 PM »
What if they were to make another handheld KOF?

Anyone remember the GBA KOF series? They should make a third part. I don't care if it's for the 3DS or for the Vita (or even for the DS or PSP, but by now, it could be too late). They should just make it.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2011, 10:12:50 PM »
They did make a handheld KOF, it was for the Iphone.  ;)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2011, 07:51:48 PM »
I would like to see a new Samsho pretty bad. The game would look fantastic with HD sprites and there's nothing like it out there.

I also would like them to make a revision of XI for XBLA/PSN. The game was awesome and would be better with more characters and balance.

A Garou 2 would be pretty sick, but I don't think it would do too well and SNK is already in deep as it is.

Other than that it would behoove them to get their brand out there in the public eye again and get on the phone with Capcom...I think Ono will be licking his wounds after he's done partnering with Harada.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2011, 12:55:59 AM »
Assuming they would be using the XIII sprites for common chrs, would love to see NGBC2 and MOTW2 in that order.