Poll

On which title (fighting) should SNKp work after they finish XIII?

The king of fighters XIV
11 (16.4%)
Neo Geo battle coliseum 2
9 (13.4%)
GMOTW 2
25 (37.3%)
Maximum impact 3
4 (6%)
SVC Chaos 2
4 (6%)
New Samurai Shodown
9 (13.4%)
Other
5 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: On which title (fighting) should SNKp work after they finish XIII?  (Read 31406 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: On which title (fighting) should SNKp work after they finish XIII?
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 06:49:01 PM »
If they made a new ssrpg, it would more than likely play like one from the Tales franchise... I personally wish would make one open like Saga Frontier...

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2010, 06:53:09 PM »
Musolini makes a good point in that it would be better made more like an past-gen rpg. Wonder if making it a downloadable game would make more people happy/willing to buy it. If they ever do something like that, I'd suggest something similar to SS4. Characters all interacting around a temple at the center which is everyone's destination. Maybe it could play out similar to NamcoXCapcom, just not miniaturizing the characters.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2010, 07:29:53 PM »
I'm thinking Sky Stage is the experiment to see how people react to SNK characters in different genre games...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2010, 08:13:39 PM »
most rpg's of the next gen look like ass. the ones that do look like a million bucks play like ass. if something would be done somewhere in the middle it would be good. a good rpg doesnt have to have squere money behind it. the og ssrpg is already one of the best looking 2d rpgs ever made imo. imagine that in hd with better animation and evetything still remaining 2d. add the modern day elements of more modern rpgs (the newer elements that dont suck ass) and you could potentially make an awesome rpg. doesnt even have to cost a lot.
in short thats what square missed imo, all their newer rpg's are ass compared to their snes masterpieces. less money for cuctscenes and more in game xtras would make all their games better. their newer titles lack sould or heart, however you wanna name it.

The problem is, one thing is what we would love to see and other one is realistically which game could be made with the actual situation that help them make a profit, and I'm a little scared that with the launch of the 3DS, 2D rpg games will be totally dead

At least comparing with how much money versus how much units sold will had a SamSho 2d game, I will hardly call it a wise move, even though maybe will make enough units solds to work

I know that never will happen, buth an Ikari Warriors FPS could be some crazy idea if SNKP ever wanted to create one FPS, but again, little piggies will fly the day that this gonna happen

About SkyStage, I think that is more a case of SNK trying to launch shoot em ups instead of trying to tease old franchises with new concepts, I'm more sure of this with the announcement of trouble witches, SNK is primarly an arcade company, and shoot em ups are still profitable, so I'm not surprised to see them trying to gain some piece of this market dominated by cave

At least I think that SNK will still do arcades games until a long time, that's the only thing that they always knew how to do.

Well, and that Pseudo Hentai game which is still more popular that a lot of games that SNK has created

Waifu Material

AM2

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2010, 11:00:32 AM »
I'd like a new Fatal Fury, either Real Bout or MOTW style. And older characters being brought back would be awesome too.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2010, 08:47:14 PM »
I personally think that if the original characters from FF were to come back and the system was based on MOTW, it would be a success... It would allow some of the characters to do better combos, and have better setups imo... Plus, it would increase the roster to a considerable size...

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2010, 11:17:51 PM »
nah man rb2 > motw. if its made it should be based on rb2's engine but with some motw spirinckled in it.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 01:23:59 AM »
I voted NBGC 2. I really liked the game. Though I would like to have more KOF stuff or a new SS.

Nocturnal

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • Socal SNK Supporter
    • View Profile
    • My Art Stuff
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2010, 12:03:15 AM »
Could have sworn I posted in this thread before. I vote new FF game or even LB3 would be nice.
http://youtube.com/profile?user=JaimeDL = Garou MOTW Videos

http://www.twitch.tv/jaimedl = Garou MOTW streaming from time to time.

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2010, 01:04:50 AM »
I always wanted a new SS
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2010, 06:44:30 AM »
MOTW 2 on mine!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 04:30:08 AM »
I voted KOF XIV (hehehe)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2011, 05:56:23 AM »
They need to expand their line up. If I were SNKP, I'd look into doing more fighters with a simpler graphical approach, maybe even the cel animation style of GG or something to generate profit while I worked on the next KOF game. I'd love to see SamSho updated with nice, cel animation.

krazykone123

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2011, 06:25:13 PM »
They need to expand their line up. If I were SNKP, I'd look into doing more fighters with a simpler graphical approach, maybe even the cel animation style of GG or something to generate profit while I worked on the next KOF game. I'd love to see SamSho updated with nice, cel animation.

Vector art for a new SS game would be great, SS's sprites has fallen behind ever since Tenka so fresh new sprites (that don't make the game look like a high end Sega Saturn game) might actually get more people interested in it.

A new MOTW with XIII sprites would be good too.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2011, 09:58:37 PM »
um, kk, SS has the same graphics since SS3, that game was released in 19 mf 95. its that old. and the worst part about these tenka and later SS games is that the OG SS sprites made in SS3 are WAY  better than those of SS 4 (sui, kaz), or 5/sp & tenka. same way kof xi was still using sprites of kof 96 (some of the anmimations where still from 94 btw, even in xi). my dream would be a 2d hd SS game made by kita senri (the artist who made the art for SS64 1 & 2 & and SSWR for ps1). this person has the best art that can be used for a SS game, no other artists art ios even close for making a SS game. too bad we got that utter crap BS they made on the hyper. these assholes make a new system which excels in 2d and theyve not even made 1 fucking 2d game on it. shits just too damn sad.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!