Author Topic: Maxima (Arcade Version)  (Read 39184 times)

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
Re: Maxima
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2011, 03:09:10 AM »
Apparently Maxima can DC his dp+BD on first hit (knee on the way up) to hcb+B. The hcb+B will miss and afterwards you can re-juggle. You can use your imagination on how useful this will be. I got this from the Japanese bbs.

d.B > d.A > df.C > hcb+BD > followup -> DC qcb+AC > df+C (opponent low) > dp+BD (1hit) > DC hcb+B > EX super or df+C > whatevers

Ends up doing 75%+ depending on how you finish the combo. Of course this uses 100% drive bar, but if you choose to HD active at the beginning, you can loop the part with df.C > dp+BD > hcb+B

Kinda impractical to be used often, but if you need to output that kind of damage is a good option.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2011, 04:07:52 AM »
thats actually some really usefull info for max players. with just dc you can get some nifty damage.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2011, 01:23:54 AM »
Read this as well

qcb+A (counter wires) -> hop qcb+AC -> qcb+A(?) -> if in HD mode neomax after

I wonder if after hop qcb+AC you can extend this further with something else.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2011, 09:18:49 AM »
Read this as well

qcb+A (counter wires) -> hop qcb+AC -> qcb+A(?) -> if in HD mode neomax after

I wonder if after hop qcb+AC you can extend this further with something else.

Hmm air.qcb+AC has some interesting properties as it allows you to continue the combo on the way down (air.qcb+AC, d.A -->).  In the aforementioned scenario it's as if you didn't "use" the free juggle of the counter wire.  Either that or air.qcb+AC setups a free juggle no matter what.   The more I think of it, the latter is most likely.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2011, 04:12:03 AM »
Hello everyone,

Sorry if I'm a little green behind the ears. I've been stopping by a lot and I wanted to know about a combo that is here I wanted to do. It's the one below.

(d.Ax3)/(d.B, d.A, df.C), Ex qcb+P (wires), df.C, (df.C), dp+K/Ex hcb+K.qcb+P -->

Unless I HD into it, which it doesn't really state if this is an HD activation in the parenthesis, I can't do the df.C twice. Not only that, I can't understand how I grab them after a df.C because they're in the air.  If anyone can point me to a video of this or explain to me the timing, I'd really appreciate it!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2011, 04:47:10 AM »
Hello everyone,

Sorry if I'm a little green behind the ears. I've been stopping by a lot and I wanted to know about a combo that is here I wanted to do. It's the one below.

(d.Ax3)/(d.B, d.A, df.C), Ex qcb+P (wires), df.C, (df.C), dp+K/Ex hcb+K.qcb+P -->

Unless I HD into it, which it doesn't really state if this is an HD activation in the parenthesis, I can't do the df.C twice. Not only that, I can't understand how I grab them after a df.C because they're in the air.  If anyone can point me to a video of this or explain to me the timing, I'd really appreciate it!

Firstly, welcome to DC and don't forget to introduce yourself here.

I apologize as I wrote that combo a long time ago copied from the JBBS and since then I have yet to get the extra df.C to connect OR the Ex hcb+K~qcb+P after the df.C.   As for the df.C into dp+K it just does, either df.C allows you to rejuggle or it's just consider a combo off a df.C, now that I think of it it's probably the latter.  

EDIT:
I fixed the first post to reflect that part of the combo doesn't work.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 05:35:39 AM by Kane317 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2011, 05:21:05 AM »
Oh, thanks!

That link sends me a youtube link that's not open anymore by the way!

I actually have been practicing with a combo using heavy normals and also been using a lot of guard point. I try to use my C normals a lot more than my a's and b's so I can utilize the guard point.

However, I wanted to ask: When I guard point with far C or far D, can I do an EX move like EX hcb BD?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2011, 05:48:43 AM »
Oh, thanks!

That link sends me a youtube link that's not open anymore by the way!

I actually have been practicing with a combo using heavy normals and also been using a lot of guard point. I try to use my C normals a lot more than my a's and b's so I can utilize the guard point.

However, I wanted to ask: When I guard point with far C or far D, can I do an EX move like EX hcb BD?

The link is fixed.  With Far C and D you cannot cancel into Ex hcb BD as it's not cancelable in the traditional sense.  Far C however, is Super Cancelable only, so you can cancel into his Double Vapor Canon DM or NM and if you couple the fact that the Far C has GuardPoint (autoguard); he's a force to be reckoned with (See Shen).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:07:02 AM by Kane317 »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2011, 06:21:49 AM »
Ah, okay. Thanks a bunch. Having something to do after a guard point would be great. I commonly get the Far C to guard point (It's so much fun to do "C" Vapor Cannon on a Raiden's drop kick) so I'll try to get the super cancels down.

Sorry if I'm asking a whole lot of silly questions :-(

I really like Maxima's versatility on wire damage. I try an extended combo with any starter (d.Ax2, df.C or c.D/c.C, df.C) into EX hcb+BD, do the follow up into a DC EX qcb+P for the wires damage. Finish it off with a df.C and his dp+A.

This nets me, off a close D, about 604 damage. The close D is harder to do because I could end up too far away and do a far D instead. I wanted to know if there's anyway to maybe extend the combo or what combos I could try for some decent damage. I'd like to utilize my drive meter more.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2011, 10:10:14 AM »
Ah, okay. Thanks a bunch. Having something to do after a guard point would be great. I commonly get the Far C to guard point (It's so much fun to do "C" Vapor Cannon on a Raiden's drop kick) so I'll try to get the super cancels down.

Sorry if I'm asking a whole lot of silly questions :-(

I really like Maxima's versatility on wire damage. I try an extended combo with any starter (d.Ax2, df.C or c.D/c.C, df.C) into EX hcb+BD, do the follow up into a DC EX qcb+P for the wires damage. Finish it off with a df.C and his dp+A.

This nets me, off a close D, about 604 damage. The close D is harder to do because I could end up too far away and do a far D instead. I wanted to know if there's anyway to maybe extend the combo or what combos I could try for some decent damage. I'd like to utilize my drive meter more.

Off the top of my head that's pretty much it, although ending it with a dp+K does more damage of course (instead of qcb+A).  If you read a couple posts above, it's technically possible to extend it, but I don't think it's worth it personally.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 05:31:08 AM »
Heya! Been a while!

I've been gradually improving and learning new things! However, I'm still having trouble versus "Andy" types and fireball-spam. Maybe I'm just too green behind the ears. Say that I'm being pinned down behind fireballs. I gradually approach and block, he runs up and sweeps. I jump in, he dps or Zenzaiken, and if I roll, he grabs. We're talking that reactive, tick-throwing kind of player. What's my out in this situation? What, as Maxima, should I do to get around these types?

I know for some it may seem basic, but Raiden's become an easier person to fight than an Andy.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2011, 09:16:46 AM »
Heya! Been a while!

I've been gradually improving and learning new things! However, I'm still having trouble versus "Andy" types and fireball-spam. Maybe I'm just too green behind the ears. Say that I'm being pinned down behind fireballs. I gradually approach and block, he runs up and sweeps. I jump in, he dps or Zenzaiken, and if I roll, he grabs. We're talking that reactive, tick-throwing kind of player. What's my out in this situation? What, as Maxima, should I do to get around these types?

I know for some it may seem basic, but Raiden's become an easier person to fight than an Andy.

If Andy runs in and does down D you can use your Auto guard down C to counter it. Rolling in 13 is never the best option. I would suggest using your jump Cd which is really good against Andy's sweep = At least you'll trade. You can also play  a ground game as well and wait for Andy jump in and Use your Down Forward C into DK which will put it at a 50/50 game.  Just play patient..if you can't then you'll just have to find another character to fight off Andy =P

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2011, 02:00:01 AM »
Don't forget air vapor cannon!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2011, 03:21:42 AM »
Heya! Been a while!

If Andy runs in and does down D you can use your Auto guard down C to counter it. Rolling in 13 is never the best option. I would suggest using your jump Cd which is really good against Andy's sweep = At least you'll trade. You can also play  a ground game as well and wait for Andy jump in and Use your Down Forward C into DK which will put it at a 50/50 game.  Just play patient..if you can't then you'll just have to find another character to fight off Andy =P

Don't forget air vapor cannon!

Maxima has tons of tough matches as he's quite slow and rather predictable, I did use him for the first 2-3 weeks and unfortunately haven't really picked him up since.  That said, you're going to really have to rely on his autoguards to get in, don't forget his far C supercancels only (so it's a free cancel without using a drive like Shen), his Vapor Canon of course all have autoguard and even his DM does as well.  Ash made a good point that air Ex (otherwise the normal one will move you backwards) Vapor Canon has autoguard and allows you to combo after you land; excellent way to get in.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2011, 05:41:09 AM »
maxima also seems to do some good damage for short combos. but basically every character should be able to do 50% for 1 dc and 1 super bar.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!