Author Topic: Battle 4 Mexico 2010 Live Results from Juarez, Mexico as they happen!!  (Read 14118 times)

Dark Geese

Re: Battle 4 Mexico 2010 Live Results from Juarez, Mexico as they happen!!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 05:31:07 AM »
Oh yeah tier list for 2002 UM in Meixco changed yet again- only real change is that Angel is now S Class. I am certain you all don't question that one at all, she is still top tier in 2002 UM, even without the infinite, her mixups are still ridiculous and in a masters level she is without question top tier..watch the way Kula plays her and I do not think you will question where she belongs in the tier list, or if you still doubt then I recommend just taking the trip to Mexico, then you will see why Angel is top tier in 2002 UM in Mexico...

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 04:45:51 PM »
Even though she got some nerfing, I got a feeling she will be at the top still so I'm not surprise

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 05:22:35 PM »
How is May Lee ranked in Mexico? She took some pretty hard nerfs herself..
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Dark Geese

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 05:37:51 PM »
May Lee is A class in Mexico. she took some hard nerfs, but she still has some stuff of value, watch the way Luis Cha plays her vs. Kane9999 and you will see she still has good tools, just Angel is still far superior than she is. I'd say May Lee is A.

Also Leona moves to A Class, another tier listing I forgot to mention.

So Tier List for now post Battle 4 Mexico from S-A Class looks like:

S:
Geese, K', Kasumi, King, Jhun, Nameless, Angel

A:
Heidern, Clark, Yuri, Takuma/EX, Leona, Kim, Bao, Billy, May Lee, Choi, Iori, Robert/EX, Ryo, Kula, Benimaru, Mature, Seth

Also in 98UM, Mr. Big and Heavy D are A Class.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:44:02 PM by Dark Geese »

krazykone123

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 05:59:49 PM »

S:

A:
Heidern, Clark, Leona, Kim, Bao, Billy, May Lee, Choi, Iori

Is this for OG2002UM or Tougeki?

As for May Lee think you could drop some knowledge about her nerfs, because I'd like to add them to the wiki page

I remember Hammer/Hummer posting on the BBS about her nerfs but that was a good ways back

Dark Geese

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 06:42:17 PM »

S:

A:
Heidern, Clark, Leona, Kim, Bao, Billy, May Lee, Choi, Iori

Is this for OG2002UM or Tougeki?

As for May Lee think you could drop some knowledge about her nerfs, because I'd like to add them to the wiki page

I remember Hammer/Hummer posting on the BBS about her nerfs but that was a good ways back

Both, and I edited it some more to include some more people.

For May Lee the majority of her nerfs revolve around damage output. She still retains the mixups, but the main nerf is damage. Now the other nerfs revolve around:

1. St.CD is no longer cancellable+ it comes out a little slower. This means you cannot cancel Hero Mode St. CD or regular mode CD into Stance switchups anymore. This alone is a MAJOR nerf in regards to her corner traps.

2. Priority on all her normals has decreased. Unlike in 2002, if she gets into a matchup with someone with good normals, she loses/has a very hard time getting in because she no longer has excellent normals anymore from both stances.

3. Bnb Combo is harder to land. The pushback is even more than NeoWave so her bnb from 2002 is harder to land, it's possible to land it, but harder to land.

So take CD Unblockable Nerf, Way less damage, way less priority on normals, Bnb Combo harder to land, and you have a May Lee that must now play a lot smarter. But still in her maximum potential or in the right hands she is A Class, she just got nerfed harder than Angel did.

Those that think Angel was just about the infinite in 2002 I hate to say it but obviously haven't been playing GOOD Angel players. Sure you fear the infinite, but what sets up the infinite in the FIRST place? Her excellent mixups. Angel has the most mixups in the game, hell she has a dodge, an unblockable ender, doesn't do the same amount of damage but in this game it doesn't matter because for her it is still good, at a very high level she builds meter very very fast, now can do her counter super out of her mixups, so yes losing the infinite and damage output slows her down a little, but because she is sooo solid everywhere else and can still do the same mixups (with the exception that her super is now punishable on block now), then it doesn't hurt her enough to take her out of the top tier.

Plus played correctly Angel doesn't really have any bad matchups in this game. Kasumi can be a tough matchup, so can King, even Takuma, but nothing is a BAD matchup for Angel. Her normals while not as strong as 2002 overall still retain a good amount of priority, so she is still strong in that aspect.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 07:59:18 PM by Dark Geese »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 07:33:12 PM »
i saw on the videos that nobody chose ralf (2k2 and 2k2um)... why?
Clark was used, but ralf... nothing (if i m not mistaken)(i m just talking about 2k2,eh)

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

Dark Geese

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 07:53:40 PM »
Clark was used, but ralf... nothing (if i m not mistaken)(i m just talking about 2k2,eh)

Ralf really doesn't have that much in 2002, he's harder to use than Clark, has less grapple options than Clark, basically a lot harder to use than Clark.

Even in 2002 UM same thing, he's harder to use, and the irony is I would say Ralfs MAX2 in 2002 UM is harder to land than Clarks...I am sure Kula would agree with me as behind the scenes unrecorded during the Pacquiao-Margarito match Kula and Ivan and everyone was going through the challenges...now that I think about it it probably would've been good directors cut footage showing how Kula and Ivan beat all the challenges lol..oh well..next time..Kula says he can hit Clarks MAX2 about 90% of the time in a match..but Ralfs..good lord..not nearly that much.

I'd say Ralf is a much watered down version of Clark in 2002 and 2002 UM, and in 2002 UM you have much better options, like Orochi Yashiro, King, Kasumi, Daimon, Ramon, many options that give you better things than what Ralf gives you.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 08:00:56 PM by Dark Geese »

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 09:17:23 PM »

A: Kim

Whoa, I thought Kim would've been B, or C, his damage was reduced so much from 2002 to 2002UM its ridiculous. In 2002 you can kill em with 2 meters and 2 j.A/C/D, cl.C, qcfx2+B/D, d~u+D, d+D combos etc. Plus it seems like a lot of his normals are much slower than in 2002...Does Zeus still play Kim in 2002UM? What makes him A class in Mexico?

EDIT: Any Mexican players going to the World Game Cup 2011 in France? Reason I asked is because it looks pretty fun and I saw your name dropped in the thread...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 09:58:21 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 09:20:24 PM »

Ralf really doesn't have that much in 2002, he's harder to use than Clark, has less grapple options than Clark, basically a lot harder to use than Clark.

Even in 2002 UM same thing, he's harder to use, and the irony is I would say Ralfs MAX2 in 2002 UM is harder to land than Clarks...I am sure Kula would agree with me as behind the scenes unrecorded during the Pacquiao-Margarito match Kula and Ivan and everyone was going through the challenges...now that I think about it it probably would've been good directors cut footage showing how Kula and Ivan beat all the challenges lol..oh well..next time..Kula says he can hit Clarks MAX2 about 90% of the time in a match..but Ralfs..good lord..not nearly that much.

I'd say Ralf is a much watered down version of Clark in 2002 and 2002 UM, and in 2002 UM you have much better options, like Orochi Yashiro, King, Kasumi, Daimon, Ramon, many options that give you better things than what Ralf gives you.

I agree with the MAX2 thing (although i ve never been able to use Clark's MAX2 in a match)(speaking of 2k2um).
I will stick with Ralf anyway, i know he's not that good in 2k2/2k2um, but since i'm using him since 94 i won't change him :D
Clark is better for sure, i love him.
My third char is Chang.. does any mexican play him? I dont think i 've ever seen him in any match lol

Dark Geese

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 11:11:23 PM »
Kim is border line B Class in 2002 UM, we have him as A because he is watered down, but he still doesn't have very bad matchups in 2002UM, he is in line with Choi, Billy and the rest of A Class in 2002 UM.

About Chang, only person I have seen use him is Severo, and I believe that was during JuareZ WarField casuals vs. Dojo Destroyer I believe he used Chang I have it on film. Otherwise I haven't seen many Changs in 2002 UM/2002 at all either! Mexican players going to the World Game Cup? Not that I know of...and I didn't know my name was in that thread I will take a look at it.

Also Fiol- Stick to who you like, that's the best advice I can tell people!!!! =)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 11:46:41 PM by Dark Geese »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2010, 09:39:34 AM »

About Chang, only person I have seen use him is Severo, and I believe that was during JuareZ WarField casuals vs. Dojo Destroyer I believe he used Chang I have it on film. Otherwise I haven't seen many Changs in 2002 UM/2002 at all either! Mexican players going to the World Game Cup? Not that I know of...and I didn't know my name was in that thread I will take a look at it.

Also Fiol- Stick to who you like, that's the best advice I can tell people!!!! =)

eheh i understand, he s not that loved xD
oh i forgot to ask u, why didnt u put also KOF95 in the tourney? i know that it's still played in south america (uhmm maybe just in brasil..)

Dark Geese

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2010, 10:41:52 PM »

eheh i understand, he s not that loved xD
oh i forgot to ask u, why didnt u put also KOF95 in the tourney? i know that it's still played in south america (uhmm maybe just in brasil..)

That is something I have to look into in Mexico, a KOF 95 tournament, I have to dig into it first to see who plays it.

Dark Geese

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »
Also guys this is something you all should take a look at if you already haven't thought I'd link it here feel free to post up comments, replies etc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLfUfmXJiBM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo7tTjZ-XHc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbqcyBeNzXY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WSSaG8K1bg