Author Topic: What are the chances of getting SNK Vintage Ranbats running again?  (Read 2767 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
As much as I like the King of Fighters XIII tournaments and do try to participate as much as I can, I think a lot of other gamers wouldn't mind bringing back some classics back in Ranbat form. I keep hearing rumblings for Real Bout 2. I think some of the players wouldn't mind a little change while still supporting KOF XIII.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: What are the chances of getting SNK Vintage Ranbats running again?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:47:55 AM »
If you wanna host it then go for it. We will have to spread the word or else there will be low turnouts as usual.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 08:25:01 AM »
Ok I'll look into it during my off days then. Any advice on date would be appreciated. Guessing after holidays, away from major tourney dates and it looks like Sat or Sun preferred?

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 08:36:45 AM »
Ok I'll look into it during my off days then. Any advice on date would be appreciated. Guessing after holidays, away from major tourney dates and it looks like Sat or Sun preferred?

As older games have that stigma of irrelevant, I wouldn't worry too much about major tourney dates. Avoid them for sure, but also put it out there that you're running these ranbats often enough. Spread out too far would be worse than offered too much.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 01:10:39 PM »
As older games have that stigma of irrelevant, I wouldn't worry too much about major tourney dates. Avoid them for sure, but also put it out there that you're running these ranbats often enough. Spread out too far would be worse than offered too much.

So wait you're saying don't advertise in other areas too much? I was thinking of the snk sites and maybe srk. Not expecting too much but if we could get the few that would show up for the more popular games I would be estatic.

solidshark

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 09:11:21 AM »

So wait you're saying don't advertise in other areas too much? I was thinking of the snk sites and maybe srk. Not expecting too much but if we could get the few that would show up for the more popular games I would be estatic.

Sorry, I wasn't talking about advertising; do that with as wide a net as possible. I was talking about how often you hold your sessions.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 11:00:52 PM »
I'd gladly help run a RB2 ranbat, complete w/ stream.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 01:16:04 AM »
Sweet. RB2 is the plan since that's the most talked about.