Author Topic: Namco's Ryu  (Read 13695 times)

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Namco's Ryu
« on: October 25, 2010, 11:15:19 AM »
Namco created a very early model of Ryu for TKN X SF

Sorry guys I didnt know where to post this. The re should be a sub forum for other fighters except SNK since most of us here are Fighting gamers.

Shiranui_ninja

Re: Namco's Ryu
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 12:04:31 PM »
Dream Cancel is a KOF community, not a fighting games one. In internet you can find a lot of fighting games comunities where to talk about Namco's Ryu and Capcom's Kazuya because SF is everywhere. Like this one: shoryuken.com

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 12:33:45 PM »
I'd like to discuss it with KOF community. Is it bad?

When you visit a forum several times a day and you like it it is logical to discuss with them off topic staff of the same genre. I didn't ask you to talk about potatoes or something.

Every forum about a specific thing has discussion subforums for things of the same genre. We are in 2010 and people like to debate and discuss. How do you expect dreamcancel's community to grow? When there are no news for XIII we are not allowed to talk about something else and again WITH THE SAME GENRE? It will end up being an informative page for people to pop up and check if there is anything new for XIII and it will just die when XIII is on consoles.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 01:16:54 PM »
KOF has several titles and several characters to discuss about. What happens with subforums about SF or Tekken, or MK or BB, is that these subforums become more crowded than topics about KOF...
But I'm talking to talk, since I'm not stuff member of DC. So, feel free to talk about Namco's Ryu :)

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 01:48:48 PM »
I didn't ask for a subforum for each fighting game. Just a subforum that someone can create threads and discuss about fighting games except KOF.

KOF is my favorite game since I can remember. If you don't want to talk about anything else fine. But seriously mods should think about it because the purpose of dramcancel it to attract casuals into KOF.

I still cannot see the problem on irrelevant subforums getting overcrowded. It is logical when there are no news for KOF people will discuss about something else. Believe me it will help the forum.

Anyway the mods can think about it or just trash the thread

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 03:01:24 PM »
When I started Dream Cancel, I was opposed to having an Other Fighting Game subforum, mostly due to the frustration of visiting CX's forum and seeing more SFIV activity than KoF activity. I had a few interested people check out DC in its early form and they suggested putting the Other Fighting Games section back in and I did. As the first wave of members joined, I had several requests to do away with the Other Fighting Games subforum.

Dream Cancel is driven by its community. If a majority of the membership want it, I'll put it up. I'd prefer not to and that's one of the reasons the homepage is titled Dream Cancel: A King of Fighters community. SFIV players now own SRK, which used to be THE fighting game community. If people want information on the SFIV series, they have SRK. The goal of Dream Cancel is to build the KoF community by providing knowledge and gameplay focused information to all interested players.

That said, this subforum is the social section so this thread is fine here.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 09:04:08 PM »
If we want to build the KOF community in the states (well, in the western, but south america doens't need to build the KOF community as much as USA) I think that ignoring the existence of other fighting games will be plain stupid, more considering that at this moment, we don't have any fighting game to talk about

I met dreamcancel for shoryuken, I love this forum cause here there's a lot of people who knows shitloads of KOF and speaks in a language which I could understand (sadly, even though I speak spanish, I can't fucking stand mexican KOF pages, and is nothing against mexicans, I spend my vacations there and Loved that country, but there's no page where KOF players speak like normal people and don't leak stupid rumours every 10 seconds, I don't know where the top mexican players post to see that page)

The main problem is, that at this moment, we don't have any actual KOF game to talk about which as the same time, is the much mainstream possible to talk about and build a community which could be expanded more far than the barriers of a local arcade.

KOF 98UM has a shitload netcode, so it will be hard to build the game if nobody here has more guys to play with it (Which is sad, cause I fucking love 98 UM, but I can't play with anybody here, also, it seems like nobody gives a crap for this game here)

KOF XIII still doesn't had a console release, so a lot of people who are fans of KOF will not had that much reasons to visit a page which at this moment is more based on a game who only 30 guys could play and share their opinion, and from those 30 guys, maybe only 10 post here (proportion, mybe there are much or less

This leads us to our final game, KOF 2002UM, this game will be released soon, there will be a big chance that will had a netcode strongly enough to support online game at least within the USA (I had played with NorthAmericans NGBC, runs fine) the thing that this page will need, is create a big database to atrract all the guys who liked 2002UM and join the KOF community, meanwhile we should stilll need all the help that the guys from AI and monster arcade post here to get a big database, until the release of KOF XIII

The solution is not aisle us from the rest of the fighting games and which that one day lots of people will join us after they get tired of their fighting games, this should be a more friendly page where we receive everybody who had experience in other fighters and want to give KOF a shot, a little space will not do  harm, if we feel that they are writing too much thing, we must surpass them and write lots of more things, the solution is not ignore the rest of games, the solution is fortify the KOF sections to make clear that this IS a KOF page but that we also love fighting games and that we will love to se more guys, not alienate the rest of the guys and being look like those KOF fans only. The problem with cyberfanatix is that seems that nobody seems to give a crap, and somehow over the time I saw them as the page of the ''Crazy CMV'' more than the page where they try to give lots of information, which is sad because in some time ago there was a lot of info

At least the born of dreamcancel felt very rushed, without a strong game where we could build the game around the page, I hope that when KOF XIII is released, we could see this page as a sort of dustloop, where there are lots of sub forums, dedicated to each character, match ups, and shit like that, and build around that the page (or shoryuken with any capcom game) The advantage of create this page before, is that we could still had some information to anticipate the release of the console game, also, here there's a lot of good posters, like all the guys that play the game in the arcades, we also had Rex Dart and Raikukojin who are in Japan now and gave us lots of information from there, also, I think that Dark Geese still posts here, and he has lots of contacts with Japan and Mexico, so I think that there's a future to build something good

I hope that with 2002UM we saw more information to atract people and build something funny and big

my 2 cents, at least I thing that a misc fighing game section will not be bad, the only thing is that musn't had a lot of space, just a subforum where you talk of all fighting games, with only one thread per game

Back to topic, man, that model is horrible

Waifu Material

krazykone123

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 05:36:53 PM »
When I started Dream Cancel, I was opposed to having an Other Fighting Game subforum, mostly due to the frustration of visiting CX's forum and seeing more SFIV activity than KoF activity. I had a few interested people check out DC in its early form and they suggested putting the Other Fighting Games section back in and I did. As the first wave of members joined, I had several requests to do away with the Other Fighting Games subforum.

Dream Cancel is driven by its community. If a majority of the membership want it, I'll put it up. I'd prefer not to and that's one of the reasons the homepage is titled Dream Cancel: A King of Fighters community. SFIV players now own SRK, which used to be THE fighting game community. If people want information on the SFIV series, they have SRK. The goal of Dream Cancel is to build the KoF community by providing knowledge and gameplay focused information to all interested players.

Agreed, while I would like a "other games" section we don't deserve one, until we can prove that this website is self-sustained by it's own community and has a big archive of information and members that can teach newcomers how to play KOF and help them improve we don't need a "other games" section, I always hear people yammer on (around here, and elsewhere) about how much they like KOF or that they've been playing it for X amount of years but can't even teach someone the basics, seriously you'd think if they liked it so much they would be more assertive and actually learn how to play the damn game and improve upon it and willing teach other people but I suppose that's asking for too much

sorry for going off-topic I guess
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 05:38:28 PM by krazykone123 »

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2010, 02:05:20 AM »
what if they suck at teaching? can you still blame them?

krazykone123

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2010, 03:58:58 AM »
what if they suck at teaching? can you still blame them?

"Yes" and "No" imo

krazykone123

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2010, 04:44:42 AM »
By the way I'm done ranting so I'll get back on-topic

that Ryu model looks okay even though it's a test model, at least compared to gorilla box-head Ryu in SFIV/SSFIV

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2010, 05:24:21 AM »
that has got to be the ugliest headband Ever, it looks like construction paper lol it looks stiff. maybe if they gave it a little more detail to imply a different texture, although I agree on looking way better than sf4 ryu
" you fight well in the old style"

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2010, 06:18:09 AM »

Agreed, while I would like a "other games" section we don't deserve one, until we can prove that this website is self-sustained by it's own community and has a big archive of information and members that can teach newcomers how to play KOF and help them improve we don't need a "other games" section, I always hear people yammer on (around here, and elsewhere) about how much they like KOF or that they've been playing it for X amount of years but can't even teach someone the basics, seriously you'd think if they liked it so much they would be more assertive and actually learn how to play the damn game and improve upon it and willing teach other people but I suppose that's asking for too much

sorry for going off-topic I guess

Agreed with both nilcam and krazykrone. As young as this website is, and as slow as building support for KOF is, that should be a priority. Combine new members new to KoF, with subsections for other fighters, and you might have busier "other fighter subsections" based off of people wanting to talk about things they know about versus things they're learning.

And also, the type of atmosphere we've got here is by far the most accepting/reasonable of any community website dedicated to a fighter. I stayed on SRK so much when all the XIII info was being released to the world; it's hard to think I was there for that long. I barely miss the rampant insulting and name-calling there; it was a godsend when nilcam announced DC at SRK - a mature KoF site. Hope it can stay that way with a big member number.

And going on-topic for a second, odd seeing Namco doing Ryu like that. Someone had to do him right though, since Capcom wouldn't. Work on the headband more, but keep the face the way it is, and he'll be awesome.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2010, 01:21:25 PM »
I think that everybody here knows that the top priority is talk about kof, but just for that you can't stop threads of other fighting games, more in the off topic

The solution is as simple to don't give them that much space

And going back to topic, I love womens in Namco Games, I hope that cammy looks like Lili :D and that now I could chance costumes to my characters without PAYING for them

Waifu Material

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 11:38:38 PM »

That said, this subforum is the social section so this thread is fine here.

I strongly agree with this statement, and I don't think we are ignoring the rest of the fighting game community at all. Dreamcancel was designed to bring the most attention possible to KOF/SNK titles after there was a strong demand on Shoryuken.com for something like this, I feel like we would be going backwards if we start bring SF4 discussions here. SF4 and Capcom have plenty of attention on SRK.

About
The Site
Dream Cancel was born from a thread on the Shoryuken.com forums in which users were discussing how to build a stronger scene for the King of Fighters game. This site is my contribution to that effort. I have attempted to create a place for all SNK/SNKP fans to gather,  regardless of skill level.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:41:06 PM by THE ANSWER »
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof