Author Topic: Namco's Ryu  (Read 13710 times)

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: Namco's Ryu
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 07:59:21 PM »
Let's just build the SNK scene... People are stuck in having to play SF4 even if they don't like it because everyone else talks about, reads about and plays it... It's leaving a sour taste in some people's mouths, and they're looking for another venue... KOF could be that breath of fresh air, but talking about something else (Tekken, SF, MB, JJBA, VH, VF, SnR, BF, CB, etc) isn't helping... Ok, if you came from a certain scene and are talking about how you came here thats cool, but with this site being not so old, it would help to promote, not provoke...

Years from now, I'm pretty sure other crap will be talked about and once the community grows to a huge mass, it will be more accepted I bet... As of now though, still too early in the game to do sidequests... Stick to the storyline and start leveling up first...

Plus I thought this was for non-fighting games anyway... What is Tekken doing here???
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:07:23 PM by jinxhand »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2010, 03:13:19 AM »
The thing is, I just can't see a reason to don't talk about them, people are here to play KOF, this is why the had signed here, if the really wanted to talk competitively of X games, they would have signed in the forum of X game, at least I'm sure that everybody here is a KOF fan

At least there is still an off topic sub forum, let's just talk about whatever thing we want here with respect, but the excuse of ''this is a kof community, don't talk about other fighting games'' doesn't sound correct, if this the case, just don't create an off topic forum and focus only in the KOF and SNK games

Like I said, just don't give other fighting games exposure, but allow talk of them here, like per example, if I want to post the announce of a new release just let talk about it, that's don't became only the place where you talk of KOF, but also, a place where a bunch of friends who share their love of KOF could talk from their perspective abiut other fighting games

Waifu Material

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2010, 12:40:25 AM »
That Ryu sucks ass.

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 08:14:19 PM »
So how long before a lot of newcomers to the fighting game community start saying that Sega's Akira looks too much like this Ryu?

As for the different fighting games and talking about them, how about we just make one topic called "Other Fighting Games Discussion" and just confine all talk in there? It may get crowded because every other topic may be talking about a different game, but it would be something.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 09:11:36 PM »
btw, tekken vs street fighter IV will be a Street fighter IV featuring tekken right?

It will be really boring if that's the case, but the crossover was always stupid to me, those 2 games are very different between them, and it will be nearly impossible to mix them and made something good, hell, even Capcom vs SNK 2 is far from being a perfect combination of both series, it still feels like street fighter to me

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 07:01:26 PM »
btw, tekken vs street fighter IV will be a Street fighter IV featuring tekken right?

It will be really boring if that's the case, but the crossover was always stupid to me, those 2 games are very different between them, and it will be nearly impossible to mix them and made something good, hell, even Capcom vs SNK 2 is far from being a perfect combination of both series, it still feels like street fighter to me

CvS2 essentially was a Street Fighter, at least to me. Players I met who played CvS but no KOF found it improbable that the SNK fighters could be better than what they were in that game.

Anyway, the parent company that handles whatever versus game usually handles it like their previous in-house title, so TekkenXStreet Fighter should play more like a Tekken fighter than anything. Capcom VS games will always be fun, but more in a casual sense, not something I can take totally serious. I'm really curious to see how Namco will handle shotos and/if projectiles. Just giving the shotos more moves than the three or four specials they've always relied on puts Namco's VS well over Capcom's VS right now.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 07:03:39 PM »
So how long before a lot of newcomers to the fighting game community start saying that Sega's Akira looks too much like this Ryu?

Trust me, he got enough of that during the first and second VF.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 11:50:35 PM »
for some wierd reason, lots of people think that all fighting games characters are rip offs from capcom

Capcom invented karate!

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2010, 06:19:32 PM »
for some wierd reason, lots of people think that all fighting games characters are rip offs from capcom

Capcom invented karate!

Most of the original World Warriors were ripped off of several anime characters, some KOF characters and some are based on real people...

Yeah, Akira might have looked like him, but Ryu looked like Mas Oyama... Plus Akira's 1P costume was his white gi to my knowledge... Most of the advertisements and fights you might see are with him wearing his blue and red kung fu gi (like the one he wears in the anime)... It wasn't until VF4 that his white gi became his 1p outfit...

Most game companies that make "main characters" are always inspired by something... Zen from The Rumble Fish, although had an original design, still had the "fight to become the strongest" mindset which several "posterboy" characters from other games had...

Kazuya could very well be original... I honestly don't know what ideas Namco got when making him...

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2010, 08:14:16 PM »

Capcom invented karate!

Most of the original World Warriors were ripped off of several anime characters, some KOF characters and some are based on real people...

Yeah, Akira might have looked like him, but Ryu looked like Mas Oyama... Plus Akira's 1P costume was his white gi to my knowledge... Most of the advertisements and fights you might see are with him wearing his blue and red kung fu gi (like the one he wears in the anime)... It wasn't until VF4 that his white gi became his 1p outfit...

Most game companies that make "main characters" are always inspired by something... Zen from The Rumble Fish, although had an original design, still had the "fight to become the strongest" mindset which several "posterboy" characters from other games had...

Kazuya could very well be original... I honestly don't know what ideas Namco got when making him...

I think Namco had two ideas with Kazuya - kept blowback hairstyle + pure badassness

And a big LOL to "Capcom invented Karate"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 03:28:49 AM »
You know, I have yet to play any version of SF4 and after watching some streams from top tournaments I have to ask, does that game have any sort of Guard crush/break?

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 04:27:35 AM »
as far is I know, no

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 05:20:26 AM »
There is no guard break in the SFIV series.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »
The only "guard breakage" that occurs is when certain moves are used to crush the guarding properties that the focus attack has (which it only takes about 1-2 hits to stop anyway)...

The last "pure" SF game to have a guard break was SFZ3/SFA3... SF3 only had a stun meter...

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2010, 02:00:27 PM »
I feel like Namco is a sell out by making TxSf just because its going to sell big, i would have preferred VF instead Sf, that game would be bad ass even if the VF characters had tekken controls, a marvel in gaming, too bad opportunity lost of one the best crossover