Author Topic: NorCal KOF Car pool thread  (Read 2167 times)

Darkguyver

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
NorCal KOF Car pool thread
« on: December 31, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »
I see and hear a lot how people can't get to events due to the fact they don't have a car or what not. I think this community could us a carpool thread. I think we should pool our resources and help each other out. In my opinion here are some good ground rules

1. If you need a ride try offer gas money or cover lunch or  something but offer something, it's right thing to do.

2. Be up front if you are broke say so. People might still be willing to help you out, but up might get a bad rep if you aren't upfront about it with people

3. Don't get salty if you get told no to your request for a ride

4. If you give someone a ride don't leave them stuck, if they are being an ass that's another story, but really if pick them up you should take them home.

In my case I have a car but right now we need new tires. Once we get them if I'm on the way to an event like in SF I would be able to pick you up. Just be respectful of the car and we will be cool.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF Car pool thread
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 05:27:30 AM »
Someone take DC Lam and Fatacon, goddammit. Both are in San Jose and on the way =D

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:58:45 AM »
Anyone willing to Carpool to GameCenter on Fridays? The Midnight Challenge event is offering a space for King of Fighters XIII, but I don't have a lot of people dedicated to going just yet. If you'd like to go and need a ride, that'd be great. This is a venue I really want to see support for.

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 03:34:02 AM »
not to sound counterproductive, but I think the subject of carpooling can be easily contained within the NorCal thread itself. It's not like the original thread is so active that it needs a new one to handle this separately. I do think the idea is forward thinking but I gotta say.
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 04:08:56 AM »
I agree with MezzoForte. Please handle carpooling strategies and plans in the NorCal thread.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."