Author Topic: Review  (Read 6625 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Review
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 03:23:35 PM »
problem is, the huge amount of time it takes to create characters. they really should have outsourced some most of the in between sprites to cheaper countries like korea/china and such. for instance, kyo has 6 frames during his fb, make the snkp artists do the middle frame and the final frame of the attack. let the others being outsourced do the frames in between them.

Nah, I'll take quality instead. Thanks.

Though for the veterans I can see your frustration, this game is pretty much the bare minimum for you to be into it.

Are you talking about XIII's gameplay? If so then no. Between the Drive Cancel, EX and HD systems the gameplay looks like the most varied and deepest yet, not to mention the most exciting to watch.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 06:23:30 PM »
Are you talking about XIII's gameplay? If so then no. Between the Drive Cancel, EX and HD systems the gameplay looks like the most varied and deepest yet, not to mention the most exciting to watch.

I believe he was talking about XII
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 06:43:49 PM »
its pretty ignorant to think others wouldnt be able to produce the same quality sprites as snkp. especially when they only would have to do in between sprites which are basically the same sprite with a small shift in movements. i dont think your giving them asians enough credit. even in 13 during some frames there is some lesser quality shit in the art they used. even though its mostly quality.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 07:42:06 PM »
^No its not ignorant. Like Ven said on the previous page, they couldn't find enough ppl with the skill they required.

The skill required for this project was pretty substantial when you consider that they set out to create the best looking 2D fighter. I can see stuff like Blazblue being outsourced the way you described since it doesn't animate too well and deals more in Key frames but KOF13 has excellent animation in addition to strong art.

Just b/c you see Korean companies do great animation (like Studio 4c) that doesn't mean they have good pixel artisits. When's the last time you saw an amazing looking 2D fighter come out of Korea/China?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 07:43:54 PM by Diavle »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 12:12:30 AM »
Getting off topic and I think most people have given their reviews about the game and it's pretty unanimous that it's going to be a classic.

Perhaps when the console version comes out we can reopen this or open a new thread.  Thread locked.