Author Topic: KOF XIII 9th General Thread: New Year, New EVO, New Challenges in 2013  (Read 52305 times)

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 9th General Thread: New Year, New EVO, New Challenges in 2013
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2013, 04:02:56 AM »
There will be a national tournament in Suzhou,China on March 16th 2013.

Will this event be streamed? Or recorded by any chance? I looked in that thread and I couldn't find anything.
The matches will be recorded and uploaded to youku.
The organizer's youku channel  --> http://i.youku.com/u/id_UMjI1ODk0Njg0

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2013, 08:12:32 AM »
i was a great experience being with CafeID
these guys are so dedicated to the game
even when i came to drop them at the airport they were practicing
MadKOF is legendary

I will take KOF XIII seriously from now on (I wish Xiangfei was playable :(  )
will also try to convince the kof02um community to play KOF XIII

below is one of the few casual sets we captured off stream

KOF XIII: cafeID|MadKOF Vs Busterwolf-R

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 08:28:04 AM by yamazaky96 »

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2013, 08:57:58 AM »
Thanks for the heads up want to see ET again. It seems Rentime doesn't stream or at the least archive their stuff anymore.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2013, 06:53:37 AM »
i was a great experience being with CafeID
these guys are so dedicated to the game
even when i came to drop them at the airport they were practicing
MadKOF is legendary

I will take KOF XIII seriously from now on (I wish Xiangfei was playable :(  )
will also try to convince the kof02um community to play KOF XIII

below is one of the few casual sets we captured off stream

KOF XIII: cafeID|MadKOF Vs Busterwolf-R

Glad to hear it was such a great experience playing them. Glad those guys are still able to get around too. In your opinion, what was the most impressive character, player, and match of that weekend for XIII?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

yamazaky96

• Strongest Tiger
  • Drunken fist
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi team Page
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2013, 01:01:17 PM »

Glad to hear it was such a great experience playing them. Glad those guys are still able to get around too. In your opinion, what was the most impressive character, player, and match of that weekend for XIII?

all matches between MadKOF and Busterwolf-R were so hype
i didnt get to watch every single match because I was also organizing the tournament and the brackets
Saudi players Twinleopard and Maxeto had very nice and fresh techniques using Ralf and Maxima
in all my matches with MadKOF he picked Mature once he realized I dont know how to deal with her..!
also he showed an amazing Hwa gameplay at the grand finals

« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 01:08:11 PM by yamazaky96 »

UAE's KOF casuals and tournaments
www.youtube.com/user/yamazaky96

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2013, 04:44:05 PM »
Interesting stuff from the host GDH was talking to. I'd kind of want to tell you to tell him to watch more than just Japanese play; Korean and South American (Brazil, Chile, etc.) play-styles show some things the Japanese don't always take advantage of

Like? I can't really think of anything, except stuff that Japanese players leave out of their metagame because it's inferior.

Also that thing about Japanese players disregarding meter management/building is nonsense...if anything, they are more aware of how much meter they need in a particular situation than other players are. But sometimes you just have to take out a character when you get the chance...does Bala know nothing about meter management because he had to use 4 bars and HD against Madkof's Chin when it didn't kill him and it wasn't Madkof's last character?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:00:22 PM by Emil_kof »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2013, 09:23:39 AM »
Like? I can't really think of anything, except stuff that Japanese players leave out of their metagame because it's inferior.

Also that thing about Japanese players disregarding meter management/building is nonsense...if anything, they are more aware of how much meter they need in a particular situation than other players are. But sometimes you just have to take out a character when you get the chance...does Bala know nothing about meter management because he had to use 4 bars and HD against Madkof's Chin when it didn't kill him and it wasn't Madkof's last character?

Going by my own experience, and most of what I've seen, lots of Japanese players will go for whatever will get a HD combo off. That plus the rarity of ever seeing a team that didn't have a Karate, Beni, Shen, or other characters who use them as their strongest link, unless you're prepared to make them their weakest link. There are some great Japanese players who mix things up in characters and tactics, just not as often as I'd like.

By Korean, I'll just say CafeID, but the difference with them over many Japanese is they'll go for the available hit, and don't rely on HD combos or cancelling. My latest fight against Verna was his Terry with a fucking crazy yomi, and at least one fight against him (and MadKOF once) involved a excellent-timed raw HD. Maybe Japanese players like Shokti or Haregoro do that, but they don't do it as consistently.

I won't argue over who's better, though I have an opinion on who's better now, but I expect that to change as time goes on. It's good enough that there are a lot of great players, and multiple playstyles out there to make things even more interesting for learning and competing.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2013, 08:12:10 PM »
By Korean, I'll just say CafeID, but the difference with them over many Japanese is they'll go for the available hit, and don't rely on HD combos or cancelling. My latest fight against Verna was his Terry with a fucking crazy yomi, and at least one fight against him (and MadKOF once) involved a excellent-timed raw HD. Maybe Japanese players like Shokti or Haregoro do that, but they don't do it as consistently.

While I think it was a slight exaggeration, do you know what the running joke was that was being made by the Japanese players during KCE Cup/V-1 Final, to the korean players? That the EX Hangetsuzan is coming any time now.

From what I see, MadKof is probably the only player that is on the level of those japanese players. The other cafeID members are pretty good too, especially Lacid, but they don't have the footsies and execution of those japanese players. Just because the Japanese HD combo/cancel better than the koreans, doesn't mean the Japanese rely on it more...they can just convert into it better, though honestly I wouldn't say this is the reason they are better.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2013, 03:28:45 AM »
More possible evidence for KOFXIII coming to PC: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525912
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2013, 12:03:30 PM »
More possible evidence for KOFXIII coming to PC: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525912

I'm afraid it's a pachinko like game which will come to PC ;_;
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2013, 08:43:41 AM »

I'm afraid it's a pachinko like game which will come to PC ;_;

I hope you get banned if this comes to fruition.  I don't want any more of their pachinko crap coming to the home market.  BOO THIS MAN.

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2013, 07:06:05 PM »
Nah, you can't really play pachinko on a pc.  In any case, I'll buy it even if it's a straight port with no additional features.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2013, 01:17:21 AM »
Nah, you can't really play pachinko on a pc.  In any case, I'll buy it even if it's a straight port with no additional features.

Same for me.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2013, 02:45:31 AM »
I'm going to remain hopeful - should KOFXIII make it to the PC... with better netcode, it produce pleasing results. Such as, Dream Cancel being able to host its ranbats series much more easily!