Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Arcade Version)  (Read 24438 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Joe Higashi (Arcade Version)
« on: October 27, 2010, 05:08:35 AM »

Notation
;a = Light Punch
;b = Light Kick
;c = Strong Punch
;d = Strong Kick

* = EX version possible

Throw
 ;bk / ;fd +  ;c / ;d = Sou Hiza Jigoku

Command Moves
;fd +  ;b = Step In Middle Kick

;df +  ;b = Slide

Special Moves
;hcf +  ;a / ;c = Hurricane Upper *

;dp +  ;b / ;d = Tiger Kick *

;hcf + ;b / ;d = Thrust Kick *

;a / ;c (rapidly) = Babusken * > ;qcb

;a / ;c = Follow up (during Babusken)

;qcb + ;b / ;d = Golden Heel *

Desperation Moves
;qcf x 2 + ;a / ;c = Screw Upper *

;qcf, ;hcb + ;a / ;c = Hurricane Tiger Heel

Neomax
;qcf x 2 + ;b ;d = Screw Straight

Joe's Wiki entry.

Console changes:
* Ex Screw Upper (qcf x2+P) will stay in position when it hits. With this change, Joe can’t be punished afterwards when he hits the opponent with it in the corner.
* Sliding can be canceled with his Bakuretsuken (rapid P). But not with any other specials.
* Hit detection will remain on the opponent after his sliding hits. Again, it can’t be canceled with anything but his Bakuretsuken, but he can go into HD mode from the slide.
* Slash Kick (hcf K) can be drive canceled.
- EX Tiger Kick (Ex dp+K) comes out faster. Has strong invincibility in the front.
- Screw Straight (qcf x2+K) comes out faster. It has no invincibility and it has the same shot limit as projectiles. (Probably means that you can’t do it while there’s another projectile on the screen.)

Producer Yamamoto says:
He can actually juggle other attacks aside from his Bakuretsuken after his slide so please try them from going into HD mode from his slide and whatnot. Also, his EX Screw Upper has been changed so you can use it in the corner without worrying. He does things a bit differently on a Max Cancel too.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:08:33 AM by Rex Dart »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 09:11:03 AM »
so in case you guys were wondering Joe has A pretty good trap game in the corner, and against somebody that knows how to zone really well with fireballs, he can be a real bitch to play against. based off of playing Mr.KoF, lol
" you fight well in the old style"

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:21:38 AM »
so in case you guys were wondering Joe has A pretty good trap game in the corner, and against somebody that knows how to zone really well with fireballs, he can be a real bitch to play against. based off of playing Mr.KoF, lol

Joe is a pretty good character for zoning. But he is too boring for my taste. His pluses are not having to use drive cancels and hyperdrive to win rounds. Overall a very good solid first round pick! Joe is on a league of his own...he can't be a Legendary Wolf...He can't get a girl as fine as Mai...but at least he's a part of Team Fatal Fury!

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 06:06:12 PM »
too bad terry aint as legendary as he used to be.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 07:24:19 PM »
Joe is on a league of his own...he can't be a Legendary Wolf...He can't get a girl as fine as Mai...but at least he's a part of Team Fatal Fury!

WTH?  That's so out of character for you to say something like that John haha.  You should post some of his corner traps/and or combos since you and 4leaf know them better than most.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 08:57:35 PM »
Joe is on a league of his own...he can't be a Legendary Wolf...He can't get a girl as fine as Mai...but at least he's a part of Team Fatal Fury!

WTH?  That's so out of character for you to say something like that John haha.  You should post some of his corner traps/and or combos since you and 4leaf know them better than most.

St. A , F+B into hurricane upper is the Frame Trap.  You cant really roll during his frame trap unless you'd like to eat a combo. His jumping CD is very good while his stand A reminds me of OG 98 RYO (standing B!) You'll just have to feel Cheap Ass Joe to understand how cheap he is LOL.

@Kane i don't know what you mean by me being out of character...I was trying to give Joe his props Lol

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 09:08:49 PM »

St. A , F+B into hurricane upper is the Frame Trap.  You cant really roll during his frame trap unless you'd like to eat a combo. His jumping CD is very good while his stand A reminds me of OG 98 RYO (standing B!) You'll just have to feel Cheap Ass Joe to understand how cheap he is LOL.

@Kane i don't know what you mean by me being out of character...I was trying to give Joe his props Lol

I'm sure you have no problem with that  ;) ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 03:47:13 AM »
His pluses are not having to use drive cancels and hyperdrive to win rounds.

It was only this one and watching one of the rarer Joe videos that made me realize he has ridiculously fast recovery in most, if not all, his moves. I don't remember Slash Kick being THAT quick in previous games. ಠ_ಠ

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 05:06:36 PM »
Joe seemed pretty much unpunishable in kof xii except for his DM, not that it matters much but it is recent enough hehe. Joe is awesome, too bad he is shit out of luck. One of my favorite characters and an easy choice for me to start out with once xiii hits the shelves.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2011, 03:38:05 PM »
Double stun combo :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvcYUvyakA4#t=1m30s

Really cheap combo (1ex/1hd bar) but i tried it today it's just impossible to done, some tricky timings. Good luck if you're training it.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 12:16:13 PM »
Fixed the typo to Joe's Babusken follow up; meant to be qcb+P not qcf+P.

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 02:28:03 PM »
I have a combo for you guys. IT'S VERY EASY. and it only costs 1 bar and 100% drive. :D
Very accessible too! :D
J.+  C, std. +  C, fwd+  B, [HD], std+ D, fwd+ B, hcf+ B+D, (dp+ B [HDC] qcb+ B) x2, dp+ D (you need the delay to continue the juggle), [HDC] qcb+ B, dp+ B, [HDC] qcb+ B, finish with anything you like! :D

(Insert Ex's wherever may apply and depending on your bars or something whatever you like*

you could do rapid punches to uppercut then continue juggle, or do an additional dp+ B/C, then neomax or something. :D

I've only studied him for an hour! I'll try to make up more combos.

-EDITED- Sorry guys!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:03:32 PM by ZeWickedOreo »
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 02:33:58 PM »
at least try to get your moves and buttons correct.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »
well soooorrry! now it's edited sorry.
:D 4 bars in equal for an easy combo for 98%... :| crap gotta make it cheaper.continuing studying. :) played with my brother for a while.
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 10:25:39 AM »
at least try to get your moves and buttons correct.

Joe doesn't have a dp+P.