Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Arcade Version)  (Read 24429 times)

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
Re: Joe Higashi
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2011, 02:04:07 PM »
Got confused for a moment there! I edited it already! Sorry guys :)
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2011, 10:12:20 PM »
A little curious. Does Tiger Kick (any of his versions) have start-up invincibility? Also, does Golden Heel have frame advantage on block? From how HaxMurderer has showed me, that should be true, but I wanted to confirm it because a new player asked about it.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2011, 10:37:13 PM »
A little curious. Does Tiger Kick (any of his versions) have start-up invincibility? Also, does Golden Heel have frame advantage on block? From how HaxMurderer has showed me, that should be true, but I wanted to confirm it because a new player asked about it.

For Tiger Kick, if it does have invincibility on his B or D, it's very little. The Ex version of his Tiger Kick does have start up invincibility to what I recall.  I don't think it's a positive frame advantage if that's what you're asking (which really the whole "frame" thing is a whole different story altogether but I disgress...) otherwise it'll be an infinite blockstring.   The Arcadia magazine shows that the B version has -5 and the D version has -1 which is good of course.  You also have to factor in pushback and distancing etc...
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:35:47 PM by Kane317 »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 11:28:46 PM »
none of the golden heel moves leave you on frame advantage except for maybe ex. And d version tiger knee is the one the most considerable amount of invincibility, however doesn't reach hit frames until a lot later it leaves a big window to use a safe jump attack.
" you fight well in the old style"

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2011, 11:33:34 PM »
Okay, thank you. That atleast tells me that the D version can be punished with command grabs if they're close enough and the B version is not really safe. That also means the D version Tiger Knee would be good.

Does that mean using it in a block string such as st.C, f+B, qcb+D is not safe? I do something similar with Terry in a blockstring using B crack shoot so just curious.

A little off topic, but where can I find the frame data for moves? That'd be good to know.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2011, 11:43:47 PM »
Does that mean using it in a block string such as st.C, f+B, qcb+D is not safe? I do something similar with Terry in a blockstring using B crack shoot so just curious.

I would wager that a quick punishing move would be able to hit Joe between the f+B and the qcb+D (like Shen's DMs etc...), but I'm not a Joe expert.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 01:14:15 AM »
any uppercut would breakthrough, and it's pretty easy to see especially if you whoever you are playing always cancels into any version of golden heel after a fwd b. I saw haxmurderer was getting away with it a lot against you guys at one of the ranbats, but it can't be used the same as crackshoot in a blockstring, crackshoot is a lot more difficult to punish and time to hit.
" you fight well in the old style"

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 09:15:52 AM »
any uppercut would breakthrough, and it's pretty easy to see especially if you whoever you are playing always cancels into any version of golden heel after a fwd b. I saw haxmurderer was getting away with it a lot against you guys at one of the ranbats, but it can't be used the same as crackshoot in a blockstring, crackshoot is a lot more difficult to punish and time to hit.

:o I sprinkled some light hurricane uppers inbetween  ;fd ;b's and my  ;d Golden heels. Still not the safest thing to do, but if they don't punish the startup or try to jump I've got some pretty good options afterwards...unless they throw me...but you guys didn't hear that!

I really should use more EX Golden Heel..

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 10:38:29 AM »

Throw is good, hmmm?

Dark Chaotix

• Strongest Tiger
  • The Devil Of Dream Cancel
    • View Profile
    • Orochinagi
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 12:11:29 PM »
Okay, thank you. That atleast tells me that the D version can be punished with command grabs if they're close enough and the B version is not really safe. That also means the D version Tiger Knee would be good.

A little off topic, but where can I find the frame data for moves? That'd be good to know.

Guard roll cancel should be used to get out of sticky situations. Even guard cancel CD. No way qcb+D is safe.....

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2011, 09:55:47 AM »
Easily one of the best Joe out there IMO, haragoro: KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その318 ハレごろ〜セレクション1 (13m25s)

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2011, 12:05:41 AM »
he good but its and he do has one of the best combo abilities in the game and i do like the fact that in evey round when he start he doesnt do the same thing but yea hes up there (the player i mean)

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2011, 12:18:53 AM »
Easily one of the best Joe out there IMO, haragoro: KOF XIII KCE公開動画 その318 ハレごろ〜セレクション1 (13m25s)

The pressure from the st.a cr.B st.A f.B string MY GOOOOOOOD! I started using that the day after I saw this.

Atb_555

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 01:41:21 PM »
Is there a shortcut pull off his multi punch special with only the follow up?

Thanks

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2011, 05:17:56 PM »
press  ;a or  ;c very fast 3 or 4 times and remember the timingwhen it comes out. do it  when the move should come out and you will only get thhe finisher.

i need some help as well, when playing this game i noticed that a verysimple combo ive seen in vids didnt work for me. iwant to know how this combo works and if its character specific:

opponentin corner jump  ;d, standing  ;d,  ;fd ;b,   ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a. the problem is the  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a not connecting as a combo. anybody wanna tell mewhat im doing wrong?

edit: really? nobody.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 05:24:36 PM by MUSOLINI »
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!