Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Arcade Version)  (Read 24442 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2011, 05:57:35 AM »
How much invincibility does his DP+K exactly have?

I was playing a guy and he went through a lot of my stuff, even a fireball at one point. Then on wake up one time I was mushing a low attack and you could see Joe go right into the DP with the lows whiffing through him. Naturally I tried abusing it against another player and again it was highly effective at stuffing pretty much everything.

Really digging how this character plays, played some practice and will take him online next time.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2011, 11:44:22 AM »
Alright so This guy that knows Japanese told me this, In order for you to connect a fwd+B, qcf+A, off of stand D, you must cancel forward b late. It keeps you in front, Ok now go and stun the hell out of everybody guys!! lol

Also I'd like to say learning use TNT punch effectively has been like learning a musical instrument haha

thanx man, gonna try that tomorrow, you hppen to also know why that first mr kof 100% terry combo fucks up. they always seem to be out of place for that hard crackshootto connect like it should.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Libix

• New Challenger
  • PSN: Libix
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2011, 03:29:33 PM »
I was wondering if this works in the console version? at 1:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvcYUvyakA4#t=1m26s

I know they fixed Joe's infinite in an older arcade update... So I want to know if this is in the old arcade
or in the newest version of the arcade? or if this even works in the console?

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2011, 03:41:09 PM »
Where are no officials change which shows it won't be possible anymore, anyway as far as i know nobody has the console version and the skill to do this. We must wait japan players returns.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Libix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2011, 03:53:51 PM »
Where are no officials change which shows it won't be possible anymore, anyway as far as i know nobody has the console version and the skill to do this. We must wait japan players returns.

wow that was a fast response! I do not have the game yet, but If I will have Joe in my team
I will learn this combo (or the shorter version if its nerfed) =D

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2011, 05:07:06 PM »
Good luck, this combo is really, really, really, really, have i said really? HARD

Libix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2011, 06:31:59 PM »
Good luck, this combo is really, really, really, really, have i said really? HARD

I don't care if its hard, I like challenges! =) If I will play Joe I will learn it ^^

jay

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »
What is the timing on canceling to the follow up before the multi punches come out?  I'm going to work on that today!

Joe

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 10:03:39 PM »
I dunno if it still works or not, but I can't get the EX Dynamite Punch to come out after the A Hurricane Upper (combo list on the SRK wiki says its the A version, though I don't think that f.B goes into A Hurricane Upper either, unless its done late?).

But yes I agree on keep playing Joe, for my name's sake.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 10:09:43 PM by Joe »

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
I dunno if it still works or not, but I can't get the EX Dynamite Punch to come out after the A Hurricane Upper (combo list on the SRK wiki says its the A version, though I don't think that f.B goes into A Hurricane Upper either, unless its done late?).

But yes I agree on keep playing Joe, for my name's sake.

I don't like doing those combos that have an ex special/normal after a fireball. Those are tooooo difficult for me.

I can't even get the Dynamite Punch to come out when I want it to and when it does I stand still throwing out about 4 random punches trying to mash my way to get it out haha

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 12:04:34 AM »
What is the timing on canceling to the follow up before the multi punches come out?  I'm going to work on that today!

Just cancel the multi punches right after the start up of the first one.

;)

What's why i said it's hard. But there is not only this, there are nearly one frame juggle timing and some other funny things to learn (i tried to learn this combo for fun some times ago).

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2011, 01:17:07 AM »
hey guys, i noticed some ppl need help with joes tnt, so i figured i could post the way i do it and maybe you can use it/use it as an idea.  i have been using him since 98 and in cvs2, but was scared to use him now because of the mash inputs being so crucial in this kof. 

Basically, i drum the button i want the tnt to come out with with my index and middle one after another..... Index, middle, index, middle, and the tnt comes out with those inputs.  Four inputs for tnt, 3 inputs for ex tnt.  i press the button a fifth time with qcb to get the ender. 

You can also hide the inputs within other buttons, for example:

st.D, forward + b and a at the same time, a again, a x2 or a+c for ex.  i use this for his slide also.   

if you are doing it after qcf + a, just wait until the tail end of the move, then put in a, a, a+c  or c, c, a+c fairly quickly and it will come out.  Hope this helps.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2011, 01:22:02 AM »
People are having trouble with Joe's TNT? This is news to me, cuz I can perform and combo with it pretty easily.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2011, 02:03:23 AM »
When doing f.B Into Light Hurricane Upper you need to have the right spacing timing. In the corner I do s.D and slightly delay the f.B so i get pushed back and then move forward again and immediately cancel into hcf.A and then mash out the ex. It's simple once you get a feel for it. Outside of corners you should use hcf.C if you want it to combo, though that will not yield a followup.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2011, 05:44:32 PM »
http://www.elive.pro/en/watch/QliFU3PPHkKc

Haregoro testing console Joe