Author Topic: Joe Higashi (Arcade Version)  (Read 24440 times)

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi
« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2011, 10:35:43 PM »
Thank you so much for posting that up.

A few questions for you guys:

1.) I've seen Haregoro do a combo to EX TnT, tiger kick, TnT, DP, TnT, elongated TnT, jump D reset.  What versions of these special moves are you supposed to do to get this full combo? I can only get the first 4 parts to work.  Is there specific timing or a specific technique?

2.) Can Joe do anything other than another TnT after a 3-hit string, forward B to A heel in the corner?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:18:53 PM by C 3 »

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2011, 04:19:54 AM »
1)It's important to make sure that the last hit of TNT is the finisher in most cases if you want to follow up more. If they fall onto another punch from TNT for example, they won't be in juggle status at that point. I think tiger kick can be either strength, but I always use strong for DCs. EDIT: weak is better bc faster startup.

2)Joe can do EX slash kick in to start up juggles after a fwd.B. This will work slightly away from the corner as well if you pick it up with an EX heel or EX TNT.

I don't think you can do anything after fwd.B A heel as the move cannot be DC'd (actually tried this a bunch, but hitstun is over no matter what gets thrown next)

Something nice to note. On console, you can do fwd.B weak screw upper in the corner for more damage than his other DM in the corner. Not sure if this was possible in arcade.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:21:03 PM by BioBooster »

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2011, 04:38:04 AM »
thanks for the responce.  any advice in terms of consistently getting the ender and only the ender to hit?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2011, 04:43:29 AM »
Basically hit LP about 4 times fast and input the finisher just before the move comes out. Works pretty consistently once you get a feel for the timing (think you will get a feel for this quickly if you do it like that). You may want to try df.B > TNT in the corner as a general TNT practice as well bc it's pretty unforgiving if you don't land the finisher after just a few hits.

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2011, 04:53:02 AM »
i can do one or two hits max into the ender, but the dp still doesnt combo....

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Higashi (Arcade Version)
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2011, 02:19:27 PM »
Hard to tell what you are doing from the description.

Are you doing a slide combo?

If so you can do slide > tnt~finish <DC> LK heel > anything you want including tiger knee.
If you are using the slide, you'll want to stick in the heel otherwise you will not juggle.
The timing to DC into heel off of finish is fairly severe (is why I like the slide to practice).
You'll know if you don't have it right bc if you use too many punches before the finish, the DC heel whiffs.

So for example that's
 ;df ;b TNT(1-2punches) ;dn ;db ;bk ;a  (DC) ;dn ;db ;bk ;b   ;fd ;dn ;df ;b ~etc.

An aside: Found a PRIZE today.
(near corner)
j.D> s.C> f.B>  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd  ;b + ;c  (HD Bypass slash kick) xx TNT~finish xx LK heel > (knee xx heel heaven till meter runs out or you have to jack again)

If not near corner can use heel instead of TNT to carry I think, but still exploring that.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 02:34:49 PM by BioBooster »