Poll

Your Favorite SNK Fighting Series?

Art Of Fighting
Fatal Fury/Garou
Samurai Shodown
The King Of Fighters
The Last Blade
World Heroes

Author Topic: Favorite SNK Fighting Series  (Read 4938 times)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Favorite SNK Fighting Series
« on: August 06, 2011, 05:55:08 PM »
Take your vote. Of course I'm expecting KOF to dominate the poll, but I can't help but be curious what the general consensus of other prominent fighting series on the Neo-Geo are.

You can vote for 2 titles.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite SNK Fighting Series
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 06:22:52 PM »
It was so hard to choose the other one. KOF of course, but second was hard. Art of Fighting has good setting, music and characters. Fatal Fury also has good music and characters. Samurai Shodown is bit of a meh series for me. Haven't played Last Blade, but it looks damn good, has great atmosphere and music. World Heroes.... forget it. Guess I'll go with KOF and Art of Fighting.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 08:46:19 PM »
voted SS and FF. kof was actually not as good as these titles in thew beginning, that all changed though. rb2 was the last great ff game (motw was good but boring as fuck). SS never regained the level it had back in ss2. if i had to choose 2 series that still made made games till their last ones it would have been kof and lb instead of ff and ss, but i feel ff and especially ss have the biggest potential. if only they did something with it, these fucks.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Jinzer0

• New Challenger
  • Ol'Skool Fool!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 07:49:32 AM »
I voted for KOF because it features some of the fighters in some of the other SNK fighters.
I didn't care much about FF until RB and when MotW I became a Fan.
I never played the first LB but LB2 was fun as hell.
AoF IMO was better than FF until RB came out.
WH and SS were the first SNK fighters I played, I enjoyed them until the above games came out.
(XBL)GamerTag: NamiXJin
GGPO: jinzer0
SuperCade: jinzer0
ArcLive!: jinzer0

Alucard DX

• Rising Dragon
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 09:58:45 PM »
KOF series is my favorite.

Nunoelectric

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 04:10:23 AM »
My fav series are FF, KOF and AOF

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2013, 10:11:47 AM »
As much as I like KOF FF to me is a better series cause a lot of the games feel different from one another. FFS doesn't feel like RB2 and MOTW doesn't feel like them either.

Thought I would elaborate. Sorry if it's pointless. With most fighting games you have one character that never really changes through updates. I call him the control character. The most famous one is Ryu. Now if you play Ryu in different games he tends to always be similar. If he plays the same and has the same matchups, then the new game is just an update of the last game. for example from SF to SFII he is drastically different all the updates of SFII he's the same except for a new move or two, but you approach using him the same. SFA he changed again SFA2 and SFA3 he's the same. SFIII another drastic change SSFIIIGA and 3rdStrike he just got extra moves but plays the same.

KOF's control character is Iori. Iori plays the same throughout minus the new update powerless version. 95 and 96 play a little differently, but from 96 to 03 he might get a move or minus a move but Iori is Iori. He works the same way for the most part and in XI the game engine really changed , not Iori.

Samurai Shodown it's Haohmaru 1 and 2 play slightly different but close. 3 and on though are the same game with updates to it.

Fatal Fury's control character is Terry Bogard. He changed drastically from 1 to 2. Was the same in Special, drastic again in 3 similar in RB, another big change in RBS mostly same in RB2 and drastic in MOTW. Considering FFS, RBS, RB2, and MOTW are stilled played a lot that makes me think FF is superior.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 02:04:27 PM by Mr Bakaboy »
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Inspectah Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2013, 06:28:09 AM »
It was hard choice between picking Last Blade and World Heroes for the second game :(. So many good memories playing all of those games.