Author Topic: Duo Lon (Arcade Version)  (Read 43127 times)

krazykone123

Re: Duo Lon
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 01:06:50 AM »
Just added these to the wiki page

=Combos=

==No Drive Gauge==

===No Power Gauge===
*[cr.B, cr.A / st.C, f+A], (qcf+P)x3, qcf+K, st.C/D (reset)

===1 Power Gauges===
*j.CD, f+AC in air
*[cr.B, cr.A / st.C, f+A], qcb hcf+P

===2 Power Gauges===
*[cr.B, cr.A / st.C, f+A], (qcf+P)x3, qcf+K, qcb hcf+AC

==50% Drive Gauge==

===1 Power Gauge===
*[cr.B, cr.A / st.C, f+A], (qcf+P)x2, (DC) f+AC, cr.A, st.C, (qcf+P)x3
*[cr.B, cr.A / st.C, f+A], (qcf+P)x2, (DC) (qcf+AC)x3, qcf+D, CD

'''Corner'''
*[cr.B, cr.A / st.C, f+A], (qcf+P)x3, (DC) qcb+P, qcb hcf+P

===2 Power Gauges===
*[cr.B, cr.A / st.C, f+A], (qcf+P)x2, (DC) (qcf+AC)x3, qcf+D, qcb hcf+P
*f+BD, (DC) qcb hcf+P

===3 Power Gauges===
*[cr.B, cr.A / st.C, f+A], (qcf+P)x2, (DC) (qcf+AC)x3, qcf+D, qcb hcf+AC
*f+BD, qcb hcf+AC

==HD Combos==

'''NOTE: All combos listed below start with st/cr.X or anything that properly linksinto the rest of the combo'''

'''Legend'''

① = [(qcf+P)x2, (HDC) f+A]*N

===1 Power Gauge===
*st.C, f+A, ①, (qcf+P)x2, (DC) qcb+P (HD end), qcb hcf+P

===2 Power Gauges===
*st.C, f+A, ①, (qcf+P)x3, (DC) qcf+D (HD end), qcb hcf+AC

===3 Power Gauges===
*st.C, f+A, ①, (qcf+P)x3, (MC) hcbx2+AC

===4 Power Gauges===
*st.C, f+A, ①, (qcf+P)x2, (SC) qcb hcf+P, (MC) hcbx2+AC

===5 Power Gauges===
*st.C, f+A, ①, (qcf+P)x2, (SC) qcb hcf+AC, (MC) hcbx2+AC
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:45:24 AM by Kane317 »

digimonemporer

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »
MAINED!!! :D
GGPO/Supercade - Digimonemporer
PSN - devildigimon

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 10:04:00 PM »
MAINED!!! :D

I tried learning him again yesterday and I failed horribly (maybe it was coz Metaphysics and Ash were busy pummeling me haha).  He theoretically suits my zoning style but his normals are still bizzare to me.  I'll give him more time hehe.

---
UPDATE:  Since I'm trying to learn him, this video has helped me and so has this one, as these guys are decent with Duolon.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:05:43 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 03:26:44 PM »
need some duo help, some things not listed.

can duo cancel any of his air attacks into his air special/command move? could somebody help me with this combo and how it could be possible and what the numbers are?

jump attack (pref hard if possible) cancelled into air special move, standing or crouching C, f+A, rekka x 3, ex forward + BD, jump attack (cd if possible), dm, cancel into nm.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2010, 04:06:31 PM »
need some duo help, some things not listed.

can duo cancel any of his air attacks into his air special/command move? could somebody help me with this combo and how it could be possible and what the numbers are?

jump attack (pref hard if possible) cancelled into air special move, standing or crouching C, f+A, rekka x 3, ex forward + BD, jump attack (cd if possible), dm, cancel into nm.

i'll test this on thursday, though there are a lot of things in this combo that i think don't work. first off, i'm not sure if air genma kyaku chains off a jump attack (i'm pretty sure i've seen it before, but i'll test just to make sure). also, not sure how exactly EX genma kyaku hits off of the rekka. i'm pretty sure CD attacks never aerial reset for a juggle unless it's CH or you use a move that has "juggle anywhere" properties. lastly, Max Cancels are only available in HD mode, so if you really want the DM>NM in there somewhere, an HD activation would be important (probably after the s.C)

edit: apparently the wiki says all air normals are cancellable except j.D, so i'll try j.C

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2010, 04:48:56 PM »
thanx a lot. also, cant you cancel into nm from a special move or from a dm without going into hd mode? (if not, thats retarded). also if im not mistaken i saw duo juggle with an air move that resetted the opponent (like lizzy) and still combod into his dm. so in short, the cobo would look like this:

jump  ;c;fd ;b, land then st or cr.  ;c;fd ;a;dn ;df ;fd ;c (x3),  ;fd ;b ;d, jump  ;c (?),  ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;c;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;a ;c.

thanx a lot btw.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »
also, cant you cancel into nm from a special move or from a dm without going into hd mode? (if not, thats retarded).

You have to be in HD mode in order to cancel into your NeoMax from anything other than a normal.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2010, 05:05:59 PM »
damn man, that really sucks. 2 things i personally owuld have liked to see differently in this kof, normal supercanceling not using any dc bar, and if you got a full dc bar being able to combo into your nm from special moves and ex/dm's without going into hd mode. thanx for the info anyway.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2010, 05:31:26 PM »
also if im not mistaken i saw duo juggle with an air move that resetted the opponent (like lizzy) and still combod into his dm.

the only time i've personally seen the DM in a juggle combo is after rekka x3> (DC) fireball> DM (corner only). even then, i think it's still a normal juggle rather than a reset. i'd have to see the video to get a better idea of what you mean.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »
thats the problem, with all the amount of vids released recently i really wouldnt know in which vid i saw it. its def a newer vid, as i saw it today (either kusanagistyle vid or something else posted this day or yesterday). anyway, it was exactly like lizzy;s air reset combod into dm. duo can do that shit too.

which brings me to that combo i was asking about. if you need to be in hd mode, after the  ;fd ;b ;d, when going for the air normal to juggle into the dm, it should be possible to jump, go into bc mode, hit the air attack (whichever one it was, really dont remember), juggle with dm, cancel into nm. k does these sort of air hd activation into combos all the time, i guess duo should be able to do as well.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2010, 09:44:10 PM »
edit: apparently the wiki says all air normals are cancellable except j.D, so i'll try j.C

Yup, that's correct; everything cancels except j.D.   In actuality, it's harder to get it to combo than it sounds but that might be me being retarded, they all cancel coz I tested it the other night.  What I do need to test Fatacon, is if it cancels off hops and hyper hops as well because it might be like Maxima where they don't allow hops to cancel (Mai too).

As for Musolini's questions, I'm just starting to learn him so I haven't had much time to test him out.  This is the first year of me learning him as I didn't really play him in the older ones.

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2010, 10:08:32 PM »
As for Musolini's questions, I'm just starting to learn him so I haven't had much time to test him out.  This is the first year of me learning him as I didn't really play him in the older ones.

i'm the same way. i didnt' really play him in past installments. i picked him up about 2 weeks ago just to try something different and he's pretty fun. i ended up using him all day last friday. haven't quite picked up his nuances yet, especially since his pressure is a little different than that of other characters.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2010, 10:34:06 AM »
It also appears that his DM is fast enough to connect after a j.CD (counter only). Cool.  EDIT: I linked some vids for the combos listed above.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:43:51 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »
you happen to find out which one if any of his air button can reset a character like lizzy and then juggle with his dm (also like lizzy)?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2010, 06:50:49 PM »
Duo Lon really has that ghost thing going on in this game. Is he a necromancer?