Author Topic: Duo Lon (Arcade Version)  (Read 42838 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Duo Lon
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »
nah, that spot is reserved for ron.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2010, 07:29:14 PM »
Duo Lon really has that ghost thing going on in this game. Is he a necromancer?

http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Duo_Lon

suggestion: maybe we should have a KOF lore section. compared to most other fighting games, the characters have a long history and newer fans are generally inquisitive about the story arcs and the characters' roles over the years. obviously, it's not really gameplay related, but there's the pao pao cafe section anyway so... plus it keeps the character threads clean for gameplay discussion.

krazykone123

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2010, 10:00:38 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5JZQV6qVEQ

Duo vs K' match-up right here, U-Rashia is a beast.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2010, 08:03:07 AM »

Heck yeah!  He's pretty in-yo-face, pwned the K', love his style!  EDIT:  Just learned that his f.A combos into his f.B.  I don't know if you can combo something before the f.A for this particular chain/combo to work.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 08:14:09 AM by Kane317 »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2010, 01:09:33 PM »

Heck yeah!  He's pretty in-yo-face, pwned the K', love his style!  EDIT:  Just learned that his f.A combos into his f.B.  I don't know if you can combo something before the f.A for this particular chain/combo to work.

It's a free chain EDIT: You just have to cancel the f+A into qcb+K into f+B somewhat quickly -Kane317
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 06:33:58 AM by Kane317 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2010, 02:42:27 PM »

ken_garou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2010, 07:19:28 PM »
EX fwd B+D   spike thingy is really good to those who intend to run away and jump backwards.  U-Raisha made good use of that move to prevent his opponent from running away from him.   You can use that move as a anti air as well if you have good spacing from your opponent too.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2010, 09:36:47 PM »
EX fwd B+D   spike thingy is really good to those who intend to run away and jump backwards.  U-Raisha made good use of that move to prevent his opponent from running away from him.   You can use that move as a anti air as well if you have good spacing from your opponent too.

Welcome to DC ken_garou, when you get a chance introduce yourself here.

ken_garou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2010, 09:25:11 AM »
Thanks Kane317. Anyway I want to add something for Duolon which i think it has not been mention here.

If you were to do a qcb+ B (the teleport backward move thingy) , you can actually empty  cancel it into fwd+B (his spike thingy).  The good thing about this is there is no drive cancel required . And yes , you can choose to empty cancel it fast or slow, which is good for mind games, haha!  This move is important if you want to maintain a good spacing away from your opponent.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »
Thanks Kane317. Anyway I want to add something for Duolon which i think it has not been mention here.

If you were to do a qcb+ B (the teleport backward move thingy) , you can actually empty  cancel it into fwd+B (his spike thingy).  The good thing about this is there is no drive cancel required . And yes , you can choose to empty cancel it fast or slow, which is good for mind games, haha!  This move is important if you want to maintain a good spacing away from your opponent.

I thought I already mentioned this. Oh wait, yeah I did mention this on the front page, though I wasn't able to say when to cancel it. Pretty nice to know that you can cancel into f+B all throughout the backwards teleport.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 01:26:36 PM by Aenthin »

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2010, 06:54:20 PM »
jump  ;c;fd ;b, land then st or cr.  ;c;fd ;a;dn ;df ;fd ;c (x3),  ;fd ;b ;d, jump  ;c (?),  ;dn ;db ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;c;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;a ;c.

so the first half works up until the f+BD. when you DC the f+BD, the opponent is too close, so you  knock them away instead of toward you. f+BD has the weird property where it only hits them towards you from about 1 characters width away or farther; up close, it hits them away.

even using a standalone f+BD, the best reset i tried was a hop j.A since you land well before the opponent. either way, the DM doesn't catch them in the air like elizabeth's does (like i said before, i'd have to see the video) and they just land on the ground. i tried using the EX DM instead and it slides under the opponent every time, even if you wait until they're close to the ground.

in theory, a combo like this would have been nice, but i couldn't get it to work at all.

lastly, the best chain for j.f+B seems to be j.B. seems like you have to hit it deep rather than the tip of the j.B (which i would have preferred), unless my timing is just really bad.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2010, 07:39:02 PM »
thanx for the info, might have been the counter air move to dm.

on the combo note, how about  teleporting backwards, doing ex  ;fd ;b ;d into dm. this way yu might have enough time to activate hd mode after the ex  ;fd ;b ;d, do dm into nm. dont know if thisll connect though.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »
as far as i know, you can't DC the backwards teleport from the rekkas, only the forward teleport. (confirmation?)

you'll probably have to ask Kane or Ash to test it for you, as i potentially may not have access to the game anymore.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2010, 01:18:16 AM »
as far as i know, you can't DC the backwards teleport from the rekkas, only the forward teleport. (confirmation?)

Yeah, I've been curious about this too. qcb+K would be useful for mixups if it was possible, though if it's not possible to do a free cancel, then perhaps you could at least make a drive cancel?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2010, 02:21:21 AM »

Yeah, I've been curious about this too. qcb+K would be useful for mixups if it was possible, though if it's not possible to do a free cancel, then perhaps you could at least make a drive cancel?

On my to-test-list. UPDATE: His qcb+K does not free cancel off his rekkas.  
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:09:37 PM by Kane317 »