Author Topic: Iori Yagami (Claws) (Arcade Version)  (Read 29803 times)

Gravelneed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Iori Yagami
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2011, 08:13:29 AM »
I'm still not sure what kind of character to consider Iori in XIII. KOF, everyone can be a rushsdown character technically. So, I'll leave that out of the picture. Would it be right to consider Iori a frametrap character? If that makes any sense.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2011, 09:19:07 AM »
not as much as in older kofs but he still can be used like that to a degree i guess. at least from the looks of it.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

ZeWickedOreo

• Strongest Tiger
  • iamGab.
    • View Profile
    • 10over10
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2011, 09:19:49 AM »
I hope they still keep this as an option in the next kof even after he gets his flames baaack.

EDIT: don't know if anybody noticed but, in iori's commandlist here it should be qcfx2  ;b +  ;d not  ;b/ ;d right? :)

Please refrain from double posting -Kane317
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:29:50 AM by Kane317 »
BUCK UP, BRUH! :>

iamGab

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2011, 10:29:31 AM »
I hope they still keep this as an option in the next kof even after he gets his flames baaack.

EDIT don't know if anybody noticed but, in iori's commandlist here it should be qcfx2  ;b;d not  ;b/ ;d right? :)

Good eye, ZeWickedOreo, I've corrected the typo.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Iori Yagami (Claws)
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2011, 10:19:30 PM »
how big of a buff is the ability to do  ;df ;c after a command grab. does it do more damage than dp + p into DM or any other variations of the combo?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 12:10:00 AM by darkTown2 »
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
As Kane pointed out in the Console edition thread, it should give him a good, solid way to start HD off that particular situation. I'm sure he could have done it another way before , but having it work so close to the ground seems likd a great bonus to him for him, as it should make it easier to set the opponent into a "controllable" juggle state.

I think it's a smart change too, as it gives the normal more reason to exist. It wasn't all THAT useful in the past, and that's kinda odd for something they took the time to animate as a new move.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2011, 12:16:27 AM »
As Kane pointed out in the Console edition thread, it should give him a good, solid way to start HD off that particular situation. I'm sure he could have done it another way before , but having it work so close to the ground seems likd a great bonus to him for him, as it should make it easier to set the opponent into a "controllable" juggle state.

I think it's a smart change too, as it gives the normal more reason to exist. It wasn't all THAT useful in the past, and that's kinda odd for something they took the time to animate as a new move.
thanks
That makes the buff seem quite a bit clearer; i wouldn't have thought about using it in a HD combo since as you said it isn't used often. 

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2011, 05:03:05 AM »
so i'm thinking that hitting an opponent with d/f+C in the air now puts them in a further juggling state... as Iori doesn't have any ultimate juggle moves as far as i know... this will definitely make HD easier...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2011, 11:59:37 AM »
Fierce Akegarasu (qcb+K) has shorter recovery when blocked. Can’t be punished with normal moves.

Does anyone know if "Fierce" = D version only?
Undefeated online KOF player.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2011, 01:54:15 PM »
Fierce Akegarasu (qcb+K) has shorter recovery when blocked. Can’t be punished with normal moves.

Yep

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 03:01:37 AM »

yeah :)... when you see the term fierce normally apply it to the strong version of that move. 

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2011, 05:56:08 AM »
First page updated with console changes.

---

* Geshiki Kui (df + C) has a larger hitbox than before. Easier to attack opponent from his command throw.
* Fierce Shogetsu (qcb+P) moves more forward. It combos in most situations after close C> Yumebiki(forward + A A).
* Yaotome (including EX) can’t be saferolled after it hits.
* EX Shogetsu’s invinciblity has been taken out. However, he’s still invincible on his legs.
- Fierce Akegarasu (qcb+K) has shorter recovery when blocked. Can’t be punished with normal moves.

Producer Yamamoto says:
With Fierce Shogetsu’s longer reach and Fierce Akegarasu’s shorter recovery, it’s easier to do strings and combos. His Yaotome can’t be saferolled so attacking on wakeups may become important. With his EX Akegarasu’s projectile invincibility and EX Yaotome’s long invincibility, we’ve designed him to be playable in a different style from Flame Iori. Enjoy this Claw Iori that’s a bit different from the arcade version.

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2011, 11:08:55 PM »
yo guys, phoenixnl on SRK found this glitch:

Iori Overhead Glitch

what do you guys think?
In it to win it!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2011, 11:25:17 PM »
yo guys, phoenixnl on SRK found this glitch:

Iori Overhead Glitch

what do you guys think?

Kunio, #17, explained to us when he first came to visit that this glitch is pretty prevalent in the arcade edition and it's actually a staple part of the gameplay for Japanese players (lol).  Although this is Iori specific, and slightly different, the only one was whenever the opponent is waking up with his back turned, certain standing attacks were overheads (such as Duo Lon's famous mixups etc.)

As far as I know, this is not in the console edition.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2011, 04:47:36 AM »
that really sucks for iori in arcade.

i really hope it isn't in console.