Author Topic: Shen Woo (Arcade Version)  (Read 33450 times)

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Shen Woo
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2011, 11:37:25 AM »
wow there is a lot to consider hahaha why is this game so good? AHHHH mind=blown
In it to win it!

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2011, 04:33:39 PM »
What do you guys think Shen Woo's worst match-ups are? Athena's been giving me a lot of trouble lately, but that might just be me. I don't fight her very often.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2011, 05:52:13 PM »
What do you guys think Shen Woo's worst match-ups are? Athena's been giving me a lot of trouble lately, but that might just be me. I don't fight her very often.
Goro and over char with an 1 frame throw i guess.
Goro especially because he doesn't guard crush automatically on a full charged  ;dn ;df ;fd+ ;c, and can punish anyone in guard with his throw.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »
raiden is my biggest pain

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2011, 10:42:40 PM »

I still don't really feel that there are "bad match ups" in the game, at least not significant enough in the general term used in other Fighting Game communities.  Raiden gives a hard time to everyone, K' is abusive to everyone, so it's not a match up per se. 

@Rex:  Are you punch the fireballs away?  Are you slapping them?  Most opponents will think twice before launching too many projectiles at a Shen. What in particular are you having a hard time with?

elrosa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2011, 10:10:24 PM »
In my experience

K', Elizabeth and Kula

Those 3 characters well played, give shen a bad time...

As for Raiden, if he holds on to his kicks, just knock him down and  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c full charge: bye-bye fatty

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2011, 11:10:37 PM »
Ya raiden isn't really much of a problem with shen until after the 12-16sec mark. Tread with caution after that. Ditto on the 3 that give him a very hard time.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2011, 04:01:18 AM »
In my experience

K', Elizabeth and Kula

As for Raiden, if he holds on to his kicks, just knock him down and  ;dn ;df ;fd ;c full charge: bye-bye fatty

Don't say that!  The Answer is convinced that Kula and Elizabeth is worst than Shen, he believes Shen is right underneath Raiden and K'. ;) 

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2011, 04:30:42 AM »
In my experience

K', Elizabeth and Kula

Don't say that!  The Answer is convinced that Kula and Elizabeth is worst than Shen, he believes Shen is right underneath Raiden and K'. ;) 

No way! Kula and Elizabeth are definitely bigger douches than Shen!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2011, 08:18:02 AM »

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »
Sick Shen setups.

It miss the sickiest, after a ABCD, little delay, charge qcf.C, you can't block or crush, the flash freeze reversal inputs, you can roll backward which is hitted by the qcf or roll forward where you can punish the recover with a qcf qcf +P
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2011, 06:44:34 PM »
@Kane: You had a really cool Shen reset during the NorCal tournament. It was a bit different from the one in that video.

I think it went qcf+BD, (walk forward) st.C -> qcf+A (whiff, opponent lands), st.C -> hcb,f+AC?

Whored my own link out -Kane317
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:18:56 PM by Kane317 »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »
@Kane: You had a really cool Shen reset during the NorCal tournament. It was a bit different from the one in that video.

I think it went qcf+BD, qcf + D (walk forward) st.C -> qcf+A (whiff, opponent lands), st.C -> hcb,f+AC?
wow thats a really good set up i may have to try it

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 01, 2011, 06:29:22 AM »

I think it went qcf+BD, (walk forward) st.C -> qcf+A (whiff, opponent lands), st.C -> hcb,f+AC?

I stole it from the setup video lol.  I'm not mistaken , it needs to be s.A if to trigger the weird overhead glitch on back turned opponents.  That's what they did in the video so I just did what they did.  The s.A is a bitch to time in the situation.

---

First page has been updated with the console changes:

* Gekiken Fakeout has faster recovery. It’ll fail if the kick button is pressed too soon.
Gekiken maxed out will chip half the opponent’s guard meter
* Danken(throw) comes out slower. Neither weak nor fierce has invincibility. However, it can be Drivecanceled.
* Danken(reflect) builds up meter on a success. No drive meter buildup.
* EX Fukkogeki>Kouryuugeki has slower recovery when blocked. Completely punishable

Producer Yamamoto says: We’ve did a lot of adjustments to his Danken. The throw version is no longer 1F, but it can be drive canceled for additional damage. Gekiken’s feint has quicker recovery so it can be used to lengthen attack strings.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:19:11 PM by Kane317 »

MAASKYO

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2011, 07:38:10 PM »
1- ;dn ;df ;fd ;c  Could by canceled by roll (  ;a ;b)
2- Bakuten increase his defense
kyo's neo max in shen (normal) 423
 in Bakuten  352.