Author Topic: Kyo Kusanagi (Arcade Version)  (Read 29444 times)

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Kyo Kusanagi
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 05:08:40 PM »
Is it possible to benefit from the reset of qcf+B?

4leaf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 10:00:06 PM »
Sure. He recovers fast enough.

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »
The orochinagi motion isn't wrong?

I believe it's qcb hcf ...
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 06:17:56 AM »
The orochinagi motion isn't wrong?

I believe it's qcb hcf ...

Fixed.

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2011, 12:00:34 AM »
In the console version, Kyo's qcf+B no longer resets...

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 02:48:40 PM »
What's the general strategy with Kyo?

He leads my main team but I do that because I think he's the weakest link in the team (I'm much stronger with Iori and K', who make up the rest of the team; I stick Kyo in front because I expect him to lose before anyone else).

How should you try to play him (up in your opponent's face, at mid-range trying to bait attacks, etc.)?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »

He leads my main team but I do that because I think he's the weakest link in the team (I'm much stronger with Iori and K', who make up the rest of the team; I stick Kyo in front because I expect him to lose before anyone else).

How should you try to play him (up in your opponent's face, at mid-range trying to bait attacks, etc.)?

Kyo has always been a in your face type of character in the past.  Now that he's lost his Aragami rekkas I suppose he's slightly less so but there's no reason you cannot play him aggressively as his jump speed and his normal moveset such as his j.D, j.CD, and j.d+C is still designed to put on the pressure.  Factor in his Ex hcb+BD as a command grab, his j.B/j.d+C for crossups and his d.B starters Kyo's in your face game is still very strong.

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2011, 07:46:04 AM »

Kyo has always been a in your face type of character in the past.  Now that he's lost his Aragami rekkas I suppose he's slightly less so but there's no reason you cannot play him aggressively as his jump speed and his normal moveset such as his j.D, j.CD, and j.d+C is still designed to put on the pressure.  Factor in his Ex hcb+BD as a command grab, his j.B/j.d+C for crossups and his d.B starters Kyo's in your face game is still very strong.

So are there any other options we can do with Kyo when it comes to some pressuring situations on the last round?

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 06:02:56 PM »

I've been using Kyo since forever but I preferred his punch chains to his fire spark. Now that I'm stuck with the fire spark I feel like I need to work harder to figuring out how to use him.

Weirdly, I warmed up almost immediately to the new Iori.

DJMirror949

• Strongest Tiger
  • Just move along, nothing to read here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »
is there anything new to the console ver of Kyo? I heard that his HCB+B or D doesn't build up alot of meters/drives as before?

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 08:55:36 PM »
is there anything new to the console ver of Kyo? I heard that his HCB+B or D doesn't build up alot of meters/drives as before?
His HCB+B builds the same last time i checked at EVO. They just slowed down his B version scissorkicks.

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2011, 01:23:10 AM »
His HCB+B builds the same last time i checked at EVO. They just slowed down his B version scissorkicks.

I disagree, we checked it and it distinctly looked lower than v1.1.  
-His hcb+K has more recovery making it completely punishable
-His qcf+K now combos mid-screen off a df.D [1hit]
-You can perform an air Orochinagi Ex version now.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:17:42 AM by Kane317 »

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2011, 04:50:22 AM »

I disagree, we checked it and it distinctly looked lower than v1.1.  
-His hcb+K has more recovery making it completely punishable
-His qcf+K now combos mid-screen off a df.D [1hit]
-You can perform an air Orochinagi Ex version now.

Wait, cannot perform air orochinagi EX version anymore? What about that second hit for his qcf+K? Did it changed or did not?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 06:17:24 AM by Kane317 »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2011, 04:54:22 AM »
he meant now and yes you can ex in the air
" you fight well in the old style"

Gamerboy15

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2011, 05:16:44 AM »
he meant now and yes you can ex in the air

Oh I see. I thought he meant that Kyo no longer can do EX air orochinagi in the air, but nevermind. Nice.