Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Arcade Version)  (Read 60418 times)

X_Factor

• New Challenger
  • Psyche your mind
    • View Profile
Re: Mai Shiranui
« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2011, 06:16:12 PM »
No probs about the info-pry, I'm happy if I can help! Where might you play it again this weekend? I'd love to be able to play again before October, lol.

There is said to be a KoF XIII tourney at a con I will be going to around my area.  This means the game should be there.  Don't know what version it will be though.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2011, 08:08:37 PM »
Mai not only have a second voice for Ryuenbu, it has a different voice for EX Ryuenbu. She shouts "Hooo!", what remembers me a lot her fan hurricane/shoryuken DM, but isn't the same. Maybe because her gameplay and combos are based a lot on her ryuenbus they added different voices.. I like it!

YasakaniX13: Otakon 2011 King of Fighters XIII Tournament Match #2
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2011, 01:21:46 AM »
I already feel an influx of Mai users coming, she's really strong now and with her quicker NM (according to The Answer he said it was 1-3 frames and it caught someone on a back dash) she'll be a force to be reckoned with.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #138 on: August 03, 2011, 02:10:51 AM »
Shiranui: Yeah, I saw that Mai vid, she had a pretty nice showing there. Bring them down with those Air throws! I'm embarassed that my (ground) combos were not as ambitious as that guys, haha; the more I talk about her, the more I wish I could go back and play her more.

Kane: Ahhh, so her Neomax has sped up, eh? That's good to know (I never used it once, hadn't even looked over the motion for it...) So, you think her Neomax being buffed might actually keep people in check, eh? After (abusing) Maxima Laser and Final Dragon Kick all weekend, I grew a great appreciation for how much certain Neomax's can mean to a character...

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 03, 2011, 02:48:35 AM »
Console buffs look good so far.

Load times were killing me though, oh well should be fixed later.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 02:53:59 AM by FreeRunner »
You're too slow!!

Sharnt

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2011, 09:26:51 AM »
Console buffs look good so far.

Load times were killing me though, oh well should be fixed later.

Game wasn't installed on the xbox HDD i guess.
Follow me on Twitter for a lot of stuff on KoF XIII :
https://twitter.com/SharntGroMuzo

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2011, 10:38:26 AM »
I already feel an influx of Mai users coming, she's really strong now and with her quicker NM (according to The Answer he said it was 1-3 frames and it caught someone on a back dash) she'll be a force to be reckoned with.
Oh, great! So Mai really get the buff she deserved. Mai can be a very solid character even with her basic moveset she has in 13, it was just a matter of buffing it.
More people playing her will be very very good for her sake. Looks like SNKP is seeing that Mai is loved and played, and they must take good care of her like K', Kyo or Iori.

I can not hide it, I'm really happy. This console version is going to have all what I was hoping, even things I didn't really expect like Mai buffed. If it has a good online, I think I'm not going to play any other game xD

Shiranui: Yeah, I saw that Mai vid, she had a pretty nice showing there. Bring them down with those Air throws! I'm embarassed that my (ground) combos were not as ambitious as that guys, haha; the more I talk about her, the more I wish I could go back and play her more.
I see you maining Mai in a few months... Once you fall in her kunoichi trap, you can't escape  xDD
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2011, 05:31:28 PM »
Mai is going to be my first.  Seconds and Thirds are still up in the air.  It's good to have her back!

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2011, 11:07:07 PM »
I see you maining Mai in a few months... Once you fall in her kunoichi trap, you can't escape  xDD

I escaped :P.. Wait, why am I back here?

crap...
You're too slow!!

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 04, 2011, 09:49:39 AM »
thanks to Mai's buffs in the console verison... it makes her worth using... she'll most likely end up in my alt. team of Mai, Saiki and Joe/Beni...

still wish she was like her XI version though... her fly stance was soo good... and mid-air attacks ruled... plus d/f.B was necessary... still i like her new cr.B, cr.A, s.B, s.D link...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2011, 04:53:18 PM »

This would be quite interesting, lol. I haven't attempted to main Mai since like... Real Bout Special (And part of that was because I loved her music in that game!) But hey, if I've gotta fall into a trap, Mai's ain't such a bad one to land in! (Regardless of what Andy would lead one to believe!)

TheRook

• New Challenger
  • GOD HAND
    • View Profile
    • Art is Unlimited
« Reply #146 on: October 04, 2011, 02:11:11 AM »
hey guys, im pretty new here but i wanted to ask a few general question about Mai in this game. First being where can i find a list of changes from her AC version to her Console Version? also since i used mai alot in KOF 02' i found that shes forgot most of her normals and she forgot a special or two, so i was wondering how is she played in this incarnation then her 02 counterpart...its too bad she lost her peach blossom bounce~

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #147 on: October 04, 2011, 08:42:51 AM »
For info on how she places, look through this thread. We have lots of discussion here!

For her Known console changes, last few pages of this thread, and the first post in the Main XIII Forum -> Console Info thread.

If something is still not clear after looking through what's available, don't worry, ask away!

TheRook

• New Challenger
  • GOD HAND
    • View Profile
    • Art is Unlimited
« Reply #148 on: October 04, 2011, 06:20:30 PM »
ahh thanks, well i actually read the whole thread up to this point now and i have a way better understanding of her now...its just now putting the knowledge to work is the problem...

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 06, 2011, 07:03:02 PM »
Would it be a good idea to use her DM to catch someone unaware in the air? Or should it be limited to following up air combos like Kyo's air Orochinagi (I've never seen him use it to catch someone mid-air)?