Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Arcade Version)  (Read 60379 times)

Shiranui_ninja

Re: Mai Shiranui
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »
Great update, Kane! This will be my combo guide when I finally get the game, someday... :) I'm totally loving she can finsih combos with her Yume Sakura (air grab). Super stilish! :D

3 stocks/ 1 Drive
- (Corner) d.B, s.A, Ex qcb P, qcb P, hcf D [2hits], [DC] qcb C x2, Ex qcb~hcf+K

What about this combo damage? It's the unique one where she uses her NeoMAX.
And I wonder if she has some good HD combo with MAXCancel...
In this combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JusDCqs2Ihc looks like she can finish it with NeoMAX, can't she?

PD: I wish have the game right now to try all these combos... but looks like I have to wait some months yet, damn it  T_T
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:29:31 PM by Kane317 »

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2010, 03:43:31 PM »
In this combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JusDCqs2Ihc looks like she can finish it with NeoMAX, can't she?
If you watch the HD bar in the video, it runs out a few seconds after the EX DM hits. So you'd hardly get any damage from the DM, and her NeoMax would still suffer from all the damage scaling. So, while it's possible, spending five bars for about 70% damage doesn't seem worth it to me.

Another option would be to just cut the HD combo short and input the DM earlier, but I'd argue that Mai just isn't made for Max Canceling.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2010, 04:27:05 PM »
If you watch the HD bar in the video, it runs out a few seconds after the EX DM hits. So you'd hardly get any damage from the DM, and her NeoMax would still suffer from all the damage scaling. So, while it's possible, spending five bars for about 70% damage doesn't seem worth it to me.

Another option would be to just cut the HD combo short and input the DM earlier, but I'd argue that Mai just isn't made for Max Canceling.

Yes, but looking to combo damage list updated today by Kane, I don't see any 5 sotcks combo.  So far her most damaging combo is about 711 with 2 stocks and I'm wondering what she can do with 5 stocks...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2010, 04:30:29 PM »
Great update, Kane! This will be my combo guide when I finally get the game, someday... :) I'm totally loving she can finsih combos with her Yume Sakura (air grab). Super stilish! :D

3 stocks/ 1 Drive
- (Corner) d.B, s.A, Ex qcb P, qcb P, hcf D [2hits], [DC] qcb C x2, Ex qcb~hcf+K

What about this combo damage? It's the unique one where she uses her NeoMAX.

PD: I wish have the game right now to try all these combos... but looks like I have to wait some months yet, damn it  T_T

Crap, it was a typo, it was meant to be Ex qcb~hcf+K  =(  Sorry for the blueballz :)

Yes, but looking to combo damage list updated today by Kane, I don't see any 5 stocks combo.  So far her most damaging combo is about 711 with 2 stocks and I'm wondering what she can do with 5 stocks...

Rex Dart is right about her MC, the reason why it suffers so much is damage scaling.  Her NM, like everyone else basically, does the standard 450dmg.  Personally, I'll take the 711 stock combo over any 5 stock; give the other 3 to my other characters but I suppose that's a personal preference.   From experience, you're not going to have 5 stocks by your last character unless your first two characters use none (or maybe 1 stock and builds back up), unless you're just wailing on your opponent NON-stop 5 rounds in a row.

It just goes back to what I wrote about my impressions about her, she just plays totally different than most characters yet it works out well strangely.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:37:21 PM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2010, 06:40:03 PM »
you can at least use one dc and 1 dm bar and still have a full one for the next character by the looks of it.

also, leaf: that ryuji rodmanzaki av is pretty sick.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2010, 10:46:17 PM »
you can at least use one dc and 1 dm bar and still have a full one for the next character by the looks of it.

also, leaf: that ryuji rodmanzaki av is pretty sick.

Yep, you have to playing sparingly if you want your last character to have 5 stocks.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2010, 11:48:57 PM »
so its basically like 97/98 with the bar usage if you want to do 70% to 90% sdm combos. cept now you also have a dc bar which should take some stress off the dm bar and have it shared by the dc bar as well. at least for combos and damage. if you have 3 bars and a full dv bar and opponent has 45% life on his last char, punish him with that nm if possible. just as a punish, not even in a combos if your character allows for it.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2010, 11:10:10 AM »
Mai's combos got updated yet again.

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 12:48:55 PM »
Wow! So, she has some powerful combos, after all. She is capable to do 90% of damage, I'm happy :D

With Mai, you really need your rival on the corner... which are the best tools to do it? hcf+K looks pretty unsafe...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 01:02:15 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2010, 10:53:24 PM »
Wow! So, she has some powerful combos, after all. She is capable to do 90% of damage, I'm happy :D

With Mai, you really need your rival on the corner... which are the best tools to do it? hcf+K looks pretty unsafe...

Poke Poke Poke, s.CD/j.CD, and when it does connect, hcf +K does the job nicely.  She does have a corner to corner HD combo that is relatively easy to do with some practice (I suppose that's with any combo).

ZombiesAteDiana

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2010, 01:26:57 AM »
I was wondering which other version of KOF would be good to practice with Mai so I can get a bit more fimiliar to her XIII build.

Looknig for Terry and Kyo as well.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2010, 02:25:18 AM »
I was wondering which other version of KOF would be good to practice with Mai so I can get a bit more fimiliar to her XIII build.

Looknig for Terry and Kyo as well.

Sadly, no version of Mai is quite the same as XIII's Mai.  In that respect, I suppose 2k2UM would be just fine for now.  She doesn't have any command attacks in XIII (f.B or df.B).

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2010, 11:42:22 AM »
In terms of movelist KOF'94 is the more similar to XIII's Mai. the movelist is the same, but there Mai has d.A in air, which doesn't have it in XIII, and probably attack and pokes properties are not the same.

krazykone123

« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2010, 10:11:05 AM »
Template for the wiki page coming soon

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2010, 10:28:48 AM »
I read this in the Mook ages ago but never quite figured out how to get this to work until today.  Mai can do a j.D or j.B and then wall jump afterwards.  The trick is to land the j.D or j.B on top of a cornered opponent's head (EDIT: It says j.CD as well).  So essentially you hit them (blocked), your foots still touches the wall and you bounce off like normal and you can still cancel into her air dive if you want.  Remember the hit needs to be on top of their head so you can touch the back wall (so deep hits won't work).  The Mook describes how if the opponent see you "mis-time" a deep attack they'll try to punish with a s.C or whatever, by that time you've jump off the wall and started an air dive back at him (plenty of time to confirm) to punish his s.C.

Small tidbit, d.B x2, s.A / s.B, BC (Far C), hcf D works but sometimes the Far C misses so it's safer to do d.B, s.A, BC (s.C), into whatever or d.B x2, s.A, BC (auto dash), s.C...
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:42:58 AM by Kane317 »