Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Arcade Version)  (Read 60828 times)

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Mai Shiranui
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2010, 01:36:25 AM »
if i wanted to complete this Mai i would add a few things... cause imo there should be no one left in the 0 ratio... (this includes Clark as well... the rest i think don't belong in the 0 ratio... specially Vice... she is a beast)

XI air options but more re-defined and deadlier... make her the new choi...
d/f.B...
a XI Gato-ish 1 frame qcfx2.P DM... (her FF fire pillar super, but make it scary good)
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2010, 02:22:22 AM »
There is various command moves,special moves, and DM's that could easily have made Mai better from her previous appearances. But its just like Kane said, they want Mai to go in a new direction and honestly i feel she was not finished and somewhat rushed.
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

ZombiesAteDiana

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »
Really started to get a hang of Mai but when up close what are some good Anti Air moves/normals?

oinkus

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2010, 10:07:34 PM »

The only thing I can think of is they wanted to mix her up from the cookie cutter form she used to be in.  I never used her seriously in any of the KOFs before this.  Now, I actually find her interesting, different and now on my permanent team, go figure.

i'm with kane317 on this one.  i rarely used her in the older kofs but i find her fun in this one.  she's on my permanent team too. 

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2010, 10:27:58 PM »
Really started to get a hang of Mai but when up close what are some good Anti Air moves/normals?

Close C is probably your best bet, if they're a step away, s.B works, and even further away, far D.  You were there yesterday? 

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2010, 10:31:40 PM »
kof 95 and 97 mai where the best imo. she lonly needed 1 command move, an extra dm and her old dp to make her perfect in this one.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

ZombiesAteDiana

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2010, 09:36:22 AM »

Close C is probably your best bet, if they're a step away, s.B works, and even further away, far D.  You were there yesterday? 

I went to play on Saturday after the MvC3 Food Fight Event. Black Tee with White print.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2011, 02:56:27 AM »
Musasabi no Mai notes:
Charge version can be DC'd from Ryuenbu. If you think you made a mistake doing a C Ryuenbu and might be punished for it, you can cancel that to Musasabi no Mai to run away, provided you charged down beforehand.

Musasabi no Mai now homes toward the opponent. In previous games, she would do the Musasabi no Mai towards wherever she's facing. This particular info also affects forward charge Musasabi no Mai. If the opponent's on the far corner, Mai will face towards the opponent and hit him on the corner.

Tactics:
You can mess people's timing by throwing in Ukihane every once in a while. I caught someone off-guard around four times because of that.

krazykone123

« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2011, 05:49:05 AM »
Musasabi no Mai notes:
Charge version can be DC'd from Ryuenbu. If you think you made a mistake doing a C Ryuenbu and might be punished for it, you can cancel that to Musasabi no Mai to run away, provided you charged down beforehand.

Musasabi no Mai now homes toward the opponent. In previous games, she would do the Musasabi no Mai towards wherever she's facing. This particular info also affects forward charge Musasabi no Mai. If the opponent's on the far corner, Mai will face towards the opponent and hit him on the corner.

Tactics:
You can mess people's timing by throwing in Ukihane every once in a while. I caught someone off-guard around four times because of that.

This may come off as crass but do you think you could do a write-up for Mai next time you get your hands on XIII? hopping into training mode (the lab) or playing against people and taking mental notes should be good because I'd like to get her wiki page up to speed.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2011, 05:56:37 AM »
Musasabi no Mai notes:

Only if you're in hyperdrive, you can't drivecancel if the move is blocked. 

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2011, 09:26:33 AM »
Only if you're in hyperdrive, you can't drivecancel if the move is blocked. 

Really? Didn't know that. Granted, I only tried it on practice mode. I guess this makes it pointless to DC without the Hyperdrive.

This may come off as crass but do you think you could do a write-up for Mai next time you get your hands on XIII? hopping into training mode (the lab) or playing against people and taking mental notes should be good because I'd like to get her wiki page up to speed.

Sure, though Kane would probably have more notes for Mai than I do.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2011, 11:31:04 AM »

Wow, I didn't know that... it sounds great.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2011, 11:36:33 AM »
Mai combo demostration from snkgameHK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvJsHUl1qX8
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2011, 09:31:54 PM »
Mai combo demostration from snkgameHK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvJsHUl1qX8

I liked this one it particular, it's smart they didn't opt for any [MC] combos since her NM damage scales horribly:

j.C, s.C, BC, s.C, hcf D [2hits], [HDC] air.qcb P, (hcf D [2hits],[HDC] qcb C) x2, hcf D [2hits], [HDC] qcf P, qcf~hcb+AC NM. (Approx. 740dmg)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:34:52 PM by Kane317 »

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2011, 10:17:36 AM »
i wonder what the properties on her NM are, since it seems to connect full screen.
ALSO: did anyone see how the flames write "onna" (woman in JP) in the background of her NM? ^^
http://www.nihongodict.com/kanji/%E5%A5%B3
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^