Author Topic: Mai Shiranui (Arcade Version)  (Read 60394 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: Mai Shiranui
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2011, 10:53:18 AM »
i wonder what the properties on her NM are, since it seems to connect full screen.
ALSO: did anyone see how the flames write "onna" (woman in JP) in the background of her NM? ^^
http://www.nihongodict.com/kanji/%E5%A5%B3

Note that if you break down the Kanji for "onna", you also get the 3 strokes that form "Kunoichi". It's a nice collection of wordplay!

venusandeve

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2011, 10:54:58 AM »
well spotted! didn't see that far tbh.
KoF XIII... Needs more Angel, Vanessa and Blue Mary! ^^

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2011, 11:34:33 AM »
I liked this one it particular, it's smart they didn't opt for any [MC] combos since her NM damage scales horribly

What is really sad is her second combo. both King and Yuri finish their second combo with EX DM, but Mai doesn't use even her regular DM. I think the same combo could be done canceling Hisatsu (hcf+K) into a Musasabi (air qcb+P) and then super canceling it into her EX DM in air, instead of cancel Histatsu into a RyuEnBu (qcb+P) and then s.C.

I guess that combo could be more damging and obviously more spectacular, doesn't it?

If I could play that game... I would record a grateful combo guide of Mai!!
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2011, 01:35:15 PM »
I dunno. Her DM is easily subject to damage scaling. Not to mention, the aerial version of her DM doesn't have an EX, kinda like Kyo's Orochinagi. Besides, this corner combo is very damaging as it is.

If she was to super cancel into her EX DM, it would be from her Kachosen.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2011, 01:44:39 PM »
the aerial version of her DM doesn't have an EX, kinda like Kyo's Orochinagi.

If she was to super cancel into her EX DM, it would be from her Kachosen.

I see, I didn't remember that.. What about super cancel RyuEnBu into her EX DM instead of stand C?

In the first combo, is it the light version of Hisatsu? I think stronger version does 3 hits, instead of 2, right? So maybe use strong Hisatsu could have been better for this combo...?

I like the video, but I think the second combo could be the first one, and they should finished second combo with DM or EX DM in some way.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:46:36 PM by Shiranui_ninja »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2011, 10:37:43 PM »

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2011, 02:02:52 AM »
Tried her out....

Now I'm conflicted x_x. MUST...RESIST....MAINING...

MUST...MAIN.....RANDOM..... 
You're too slow!!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2011, 04:23:56 AM »
Tried her out....

DO IT! /Starsky&Hutch. Why say no when it feels so good to say yes :)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 04:34:14 AM by Kane317 »

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2011, 12:03:52 PM »
I did not like the combo

10 Ryuuenbu

I agree with this YouTube comment.

What happened to the Mai we saw from the first few loke tests!?  It's as if once all the other characters were added everyone just dropped her ass.  I wanna see more HCF-K [DC] j.QCB-P into whatever.  I totally remember genuinely creative combos like that and miss them.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2011, 09:46:20 PM »
Tried her out....

Succumb to her! LOL

I did not like the combo

10 Ryuuenbu

What happened to the Mai we saw from the first few loke tests!?  It's as if once all the other characters were added everyone just dropped her ass.  I wanna see more HCF-K [DC] j.QCB-P into whatever.  I totally remember genuinely creative combos like that and miss them.
Is a just a corner combo. Ok it's not very creative, but at least is finished with her DM, we haven't seen this in many videos... But you have to keep in mind that is only one corner combo, she has other ones more varied, combining her Hisatsu, her Musasabi or even her air throw (I think is the first time Mai can finish combos with her air throw, excepting MI series). But RyuEnbus seems the easier way to combo in the corner, thanks to its juggle properties, and is not the only character that has this (Yuri's Saiha, for example, or Ash's fireball).

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2011, 08:58:41 AM »

Succumb to her! LOL

NEVER XD!!! I blame KOF02um, CVS2 & NGBC for this. She won't stop haunting me, she keeps outshining my characters.

On a gameplay note, I gotta experiment on a few things the next time I go to Chinatown Fair. I best look up the rest of her combos for when that time comes.
You're too slow!!

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »
I did not like the combo

10 Ryuuenbu

Is a just a corner combo. Ok it's not very creative, but at least is finished with her DM, we haven't seen this in many videos... But you have to keep in mind that is only one corner combo, she has other ones more varied, combining her Hisatsu, her Musasabi or even her air throw (I think is the first time Mai can finish combos with her air throw, excepting MI series). But RyuEnbus seems the easier way to combo in the corner, thanks to its juggle properties, and is not the only character that has this (Yuri's Saiha, for example, or Ash's fireball).

Agreed. Even Kula's and K's combos are pretty much the same loop over and over again. And then there's Elisabeth's.

Succumb to her! LOL

NEVER XD!!! I blame KOF02um, CVS2 & NGBC for this. She won't stop haunting me, she keeps outshining my characters.

On a gameplay note, I gotta experiment on a few things the next time I go to Chinatown Fair. I best look up the rest of her combos for when that time comes.

Go use her still anyway. xD

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2011, 02:26:36 AM »
Did some c&p'ing to her wiki, please give some feedback and let me know if there's any grammar or spelling correction and any general aesthetics ideas.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 10:10:15 PM by Kane317 »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #103 on: February 27, 2011, 11:57:27 AM »
Dunno if someone pointed out already or not but, Mai's NeoMax doesn't always home to her opponent. I suppose it has the minimum range of D version Musasabi no Mai. If the opponent on the ground is too close to the wall she jumps into, she'll miss.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 28, 2011, 03:12:22 AM »
Dunno if someone pointed out already or not but, Mai's NeoMax doesn't always home to her opponent. I suppose it has the minimum range of D version Musasabi no Mai. If the opponent on the ground is too close to the wall she jumps into, she'll miss.

Did you mean minimum range of D version Hisstatsu Shinobi Baichi; no I did not know it'll miss but I seldom use it anyways.