Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII video tutorial  (Read 9638 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII video tutorial
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 05:44:14 AM »
A bit of thread necro here.

Actually, I had this idea a few months ago but Don't Drop's comments from his Duolon video made me even think more about it. Why not make a video for each character similar to DJ-B13's CvS2 Tricks of the Trade (sample video)? That is, besides combos, you're to also show some mixups, guard crush combos and other useful information you could think of for each character?

Of course, it will take time but I do think this would be a great idea.

Actually, we're working on something as we speak, so it's not a dead thread.  Your idea is great but of course it'll probably be the next series.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2011, 05:53:46 AM »
I was actually thinking of doing a video too, having small "scenarios" with the KOFXIII cast showing up the basics of the game.

One of the examples was having Ryo and Robert the basic movements of the game (move forward, back, jump and duck) in a mirror fashion. Then they will show the attack buttons used in the game (LP, HP, LK, HP and CD). All while having some bubbles conversations before that and the reason been that Takuma convinced Rose to have them as a exhibition show before the tournament started, just to get money and TV time for the Kyokugen School.

My other idea was to use Chin and Kensou, Chin will tell Kensou to practice all his jumps (Hops and Jumps) for several times, while Chin is telling him how to do it properly while he keeps drinking.

But I kinda wanted to find official art and stuff to use to make it as official as possible. Also this tutorial is just for simple things, just to show new people to fighting games in general how the game works while showing story/character interactions.

But yeah, dunno if I will ever do it, but I kinda want to try it out at least.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2011, 06:05:14 AM »
My other idea was to use Chin and Kensou, Chin will tell Kensou to practice all his jumps (Hops and Jumps) for several times, while Chin is telling him how to do it properly while he keeps drinking.

That's a brillant idea DarKaoz, can I steal that?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2011, 06:09:50 AM »
Well sure, I mean, if I have time I would like to do my own version of it, which are those 2 scenarios I thought of so far. So sure you can use it, I bet the results will be different yet similar.

Besides having more than 1 tutorial will be good, but I will take my sweet time, since I want to make it as official looking as possible. lol

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2011, 06:19:57 AM »
Kyo, and iori. Kyo talking shit cuz he can't do flames haha, takuma being the teacher running through various situations, with ryo, robert and yuri.  I think that's the best idea mr karate
" you fight well in the old style"

Balabani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011, 09:35:49 PM »
This is a great idea.  :)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 04:44:06 AM »
um, i think snkp might actuaslly make a tutorial gamemode for this game. maybe its best to wait and see what they do first...?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
um, i think snkp might actuaslly make a tutorial gamemode for this game. maybe its best to wait and see what they do first...?

The more the better IMO. People can choose which one to see, I bet SNKP and the guys in here will do a great job on it. Since they have more experience in the game, specially in a tournament scene.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 08:38:52 PM »
id like to point out the devs in skill > best tourney players in skill. the devs would probably tear everybody in japan and the west appart. especially the 2 devs that went last, the kyo and terry ocv guys. i think they have as good as an understanding of the game as the best players in thw world, probably better because they made the game.

back on topic, this doesnt have anyhthing to do with the vids you guys are talking bout though.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ryudo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2011, 04:53:49 AM »
Yes!! This would definitely be something i would be looking forward to. Dandy J's comprehensive KoF tutorial was very good. Making one for XIII's gameplay mechanics is a really good idea. I don't really understand certain gameplay mechanics for XIII. I think a video tutorial is a way better tool. Speaking for myself I'm a very visual person and sometimes need some visual examples to understand certain aspects of whats going on. I'm sure others feel the same way as well.

luminair

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 05:20:51 AM »
Yes!! This would definitely be something i would be looking forward to. Dandy J's comprehensive KoF tutorial was very good. Making one for XIII's gameplay mechanics is a really good idea. I don't really understand certain gameplay mechanics for XIII. I think a video tutorial is a way better tool. Speaking for myself I'm a very visual person and sometimes need some visual examples to understand certain aspects of whats going on. I'm sure others feel the same way as well.

Yeah I feel exactly the same way, especially when it comes to HD cancels and the HD mode. I thought you could cancel anything into anything a la cvs2 A-groove. After finally getting some more game time I realize I was wrong, I'm guessing some moves cancel into other specific ones during specific times?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 03:40:46 PM »
Was just wondering as some time has passed. Is anyone still working on a video?  :)

I think it would be pretty cool if we had a remake of the DandyJ vid with KOF XIII sprites whilst adding in XIII specifics at the same time as well. I understand if no one wants to take that on right away seeing how useful the DandyJ vid still is.

I also agree that it would be good to have a chr specific compilation. DDTC and SNKP's own vids are good combo resources and showcases, but they don't cover frequently used tactics for each character. Use this move in this situation and the EX in this situation type of commentary would be awesome.