Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 87960 times)

The Ed

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2010, 12:20:10 AM »
1. Netcode that isn't fail, along with what have become standard FG online features including Lobbies, Replay recording, and a non-retarded ranked mode.

2. 3-5 more characters, Including but not limited to:

98 Iori
Geese (Non-Broken)
Rugal (Non-broken)
Billy Kane
Yamazaki

3. A healthy helping of offline content to keep the casuals playing.

4. Nerf Raiden's dropkick and Betty's AA.

5. Fix the remaining bugs.

Oh, and for the love of god NO RATIO!  No.  No.  NoNoNoNoNoNo.  There's a reason why CvS1 had it - the game's balance was horiffically broken.  Remember CvS1 Nakoruru...*shudder*.

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2010, 03:43:08 AM »
DLC charater(though rebalancing the games gonna be anoying)
Rock
Nameless
Whip
Lucky Gambler(LOL)
Kim's kids
IDk some older AOF,KOF charaters

Alterntive costumes

I would like a tornment mode.
Good netcode
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2010, 07:11:39 AM »
Isn't rock to young at the time of this?  Nameless is dead from 2k1, Whip who cares about whip?  Lucky is probably playing Basketball somewhere being a homie with Heavy D and Brian Battler.  Though I'd love to see that sports team come back.

Kim's kids?  Are they even old enough to be teenagers at this point in time? 

I'd rather have balancing and fully fleshed gameplay modes then new dlc characters.  Though They can't introduce characters one at a time either.  They have to be introduced in teams.  So ten dollars per team?

Gorehound

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2010, 08:23:10 AM »
Besides the #1 thing of having a fantastic Netcode.

Fix the rest of the known bugs.

Nerf Raiden's dropkick.

Online Matchmaking where it will always find the best connections first.

A strict system to punish rage quitters.

SF4 style play arcade mode and a new online challenger will come face you and fast, not like BlazBlue CS style where it takes forever.

Create your Own Custom Character Colors, those Arcade colors are ok, but not good enough.

Alternate Costumes, I want Liz to have a boob window like before. If they can give Takuma a Mr. Karate Mask and Raiden have no shirt and have his mask off, they can do that for Liz.

Easy button configuration kinda like how BlazBlue CS has it where you easily hit a button for that specific button which only takes a couple of seconds. Great for tourneys.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2010, 08:49:27 AM »
i want iori to pull up his pants, and preferably wear thag blouse he used to wair so he wont be sowing his ass. a 98 version might be nice.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 08:54:18 AM »
Besides the #1 thing of having a fantastic Netcode.

Fix the rest of the known bugs.

Nerf Raiden's dropkick.

Online Matchmaking where it will always find the best connections first.

A strict system to punish rage quitters.

SF4 style play arcade mode and a new online challenger will come face you and fast, not like BlazBlue CS style where it takes forever.

Create your Own Custom Character Colors, those Arcade colors are ok, but not good enough.

Alternate Costumes, I want Liz to have a boob window like before. If they can give Takuma a Mr. Karate Mask and Raiden have no shirt and have his mask off, they can do that for Liz.

Easy button configuration kinda like how BlazBlue CS has it where you easily hit a button for that specific button which only takes a couple of seconds. Great for tourneys.

1.  Yeah netcode is number one.

Nerfing Raidens drop kick can come in two flavors.  Lower the total amount of damage it does and keep the charge time OR keep the damage it does BUT make the charge times significantly longer making it a far bigger trade off.

2.  I don't really trust games finding the best connection, I'd rather have a ping list which shows distance, where they're from and their ping.  That's optimal to me.  The red yellow green bar thing is crap.  I rather read ping and where they're from "like say they're from the us west coast"

SF4's online arcade mode is great.  But that would not lead to finding the best connections.  You're right on the Blazblue CS taking forever though.  Waiting minutes for a ranked match should be banned.

Custom character colors?  Isn't that where everyone made the nude skins for many fighting games?

no easy buttons or simple configs. If that must be put in, then don't allow them in ranked games.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »
Custom character colors?  Isn't that where everyone made the nude skins for many fighting games?

They can do what Soul Calibur 3 and 4 did, they just avoid having the "Skin" colors as selectable while changing certain parts colors. Taki was the one that they were sure to make that feature a must, so I don't see a problem with that.

I really with there was a online training mode, having a friend and your just training without losing points or losing a round will help make great combo videos and learn new things from each other.

But as mentioned, have more alternative pallets so you can experiment with the sprites, I bet there is a way to make it work. I was surprised they didn't do many things for certain characters, like why not have a K with one color for his jacket and one for his pants? I know he has one but the colors are horrible. Anyways, we need custom colors or at least more options.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 03:36:26 PM »
Who cares about "naked" characters without nipples and genitals? It's like getting upset about a naked Barbie doll, although I don't doubt there are people who have been upset by that.

I'd be more worried about people making all-white, all-black or just random loud colors edits. Edits that actually make it harder to play the game due to the the eye strain it causes.

Anyway, the easiest solution to both problems is just to include an option to turn off custom colors in online matches. Or only allow them for matches with your friends. Or whatever.

I think the bigger challenge to including custom colors is just how complex these sprites are compared to their NeoGeo predecessors. The typical NeoGeo sprite had about 15 colors, while these probably have around 30. It would be a bit simpler than in XII, since each sprite no longer has personalized lighting/shading details. (Which I sort of miss, since it was a great detail, but I'm getting off track.)

Alternatively, they could have a "select a color" editing system, where you can change specific parts of a character from among 10 choices. For example, the color of Shen Woo's pants from among any of the 10 varieties already made. This way, the shading is already done and people will have a harder time creating monstrosities. A bit less freedom, though.

Here's one wish I'll contribute to this thread. I hope that the console version comes with only the first four colors unlocked, and completing arcade mode/challenges/whatever unlocks one more color for that character. Instant replay value added with minimal work on SNK's part.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 04:48:19 PM »
SNKP should see what Arc System Works did with BB CS and based the game around them (except the online matchmaking)

2 types of challenges, BB style (with 10 challenges for character where you learn combos from basics to advanced) and KOF style (showing some mechanics of the game, even though better explained than in 98UM or 2002UM, and some silly yet funny challenges like the ones in 2002UM)

The training mode in blazblue continuum shift is perfect, has everything

SSF IV arcade style will be a good idea too

Some tutorial for begginers like the one used by  Dandy J, or like blazblue will be good too

If they add more characters, I want to see them balancing the game, and hopefully, than an arcade upgrade will be available for them too

Color edit will be cool, but like rex dart said, they should make it a little restringed. Alternate customes is something that I would never hope to happen (there was a big effort with the ones present in KOF XIII, even though all of them are headswaps, it will be a much different story if they tried to change the clothes for everyone)

New stages will be cool too, even though I hope that those new stages are on 2D and not on 3D.

And that's all, even though with a good netcode and some balancing I will not had any problem

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2010, 05:13:50 PM »
Agreed on the netcode, and practice mode. The colors, seems like SNK has given us a lot of choices already. Unlockable colors may or may not work; I suspect newcomers might want to play with more characters considering how they look versus what they can do.

Stages - just the Russian one from 12, since that is the only one I didn't see make it over to 13.

Challenge mode(s) is/are probably necessary, despite what's already been done with the Arcade mode.

Extra characters - Adelheid, Oswald, Malin (not on the same team), and a TFTP team (Botan, Shroom, Rimelo). That's one thing I was really hoping for.

Lastly, some kind of mode to explain how the story has progressed to this point. At the very least, explain the beginning and middle of the Ash saga for people who don't know what's going on ('03 & XI). At most, go over each saga and explain where most characters fit in.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2010, 05:19:01 PM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Dr.Faust

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2010, 05:30:06 PM »
Pratic Mode for Online.
Of course Better balanc system
An Imput desplay for pratic mode which I've never seen in a kof game
Stuff above.
KOF Teams
Beni,Leona,???

Shiranui_ninja

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2010, 05:33:37 PM »
Of course Better balanc system
I'm not expecting this..

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2010, 06:13:15 PM »
a  tftp team would be a waste.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

C 3

• Rising Dragon
  • Cat stance ftw
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2010, 08:28:18 PM »
From what I understand, certain characters dont appear in games anymore because they die off or something?  regardless, I would love to see these DLC characters:

yashiro, chris and shermie (ESPECIALLY their orochi versions)
vanessa
blue mary
rock
geese
yamazaki
heavy d
billy
shingo (just because :P)

I'll update this if I think of anything else

JTSNOW6

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2010, 09:08:36 PM »
Dare I say intro poses / animations btw??