Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 87875 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #240 on: June 27, 2011, 06:52:39 PM »
If you want to put SF characters on a KOF the solution is very simple

Use them as a parody a la Dan, make fun of some antics that are proper of SF, I will mark : D

KOF needs more guys from other franchises, that is why kof is so great, we need more FF, AOF, Buriki One, Fighter's History and maybe Savage Reign Characters, or even kisarah from ADK, gave them some redisgn, and you got new characters that made KOF the SNK crossover that originally was.

Well, FH is not from SNK, but they will still fit on the series
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:55:59 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #241 on: June 27, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »
If you want to put SF characters on a KOF the solution is very simple

Use them as a parody a la Dan, make fun of some antics that are proper of SF, I will mark : D

I still wanna see THAT Ryoko VS / Merged with World Hero's Ryoko, lol.

That'd be fun however, to see FH characters mixed up even more with modern SF characters. Heck, even if they made pure SF characters, they could salvage them later by dumping a lot of their spritework into FH designs later, lol.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 27, 2011, 07:23:15 PM »
This type of thing is enormously subjective, but my two cents:

I like that XIII (and XII) feel like an old school SNK fighting game. I'd really like them to maintain that atmosphere, since its something that I haven't really experienced since . . . maybe KOF 2000?

"Crazier" crossover games, like NGBC, KOF XI or, hell, even Maximum Impact 2/R.A can also be fun, but I don't like them as much. If they really want Metal Slug vs. Capcom vs. Fighter's History vs. King of Monsters, make another 3D game please.

Keep the main series SNK-only.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 27, 2011, 07:31:24 PM »
more than the main series, just put characters that fit

At least I still believe that buriki one should do fine, give them some MMA gimmick, and will be ok, nothing wrong to see some fan-service

Waifu Material

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 27, 2011, 07:38:26 PM »
Yeah, they definitely need some Buriki One characters. Gai is obvious, but it's a bit tough with the others since a lot of the other fighting styles in B1 are already represented by other characters (muay thai, tae kwon do, judo, boxing, wrestling). Only unique one I think is tai chi? But no one seems excited about more old guys.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 27, 2011, 07:41:42 PM »
agreed with last 3 posts. we need more buriki 1 characters though, zilber and gai to be exact.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 27, 2011, 07:46:24 PM »
There is no comparison between a 3D guest character and a 2D one like those found in XIII, huge difference in time and effort.

I'd kill for Gai in XIV.

Having too much fun thinking about Makoto in XIII's systems now, though! Hayate DC's into Karakusa, Fukiage HD mode juggles! Or maybe making Abare Tosanami act similiar to Leona's V-Slasher, allowing Tsurugi -> Super Cancel Abare, which could then Max Cancel into Seichusen Godanzuki? I'd feel nerf'd playing her in SF after all that, lol.

You know, I've been thinking about it and Shen is a pretty close match to Makoto. Both have:

- command grabs that can lead to combos
- a dash punch special (that they both can charge and cancel)
- a DP-like punch special that is more for combos than a DP
- power up supers
- overhead specials
- both are all offense and crap defense
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 08:12:39 PM by Diavle »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #247 on: June 27, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
Yeah, they could end up feeling pretty similiar under the same gameplay systems. Makes me wonder even more at what they'd do to differentiate them. Rather similiar for characters who have absolutely nothing in common!

As for the Buriki chara's, I dunno how many of them would make the transition well... Silber and Guy made the transition very well, but would I want Rob Python over Heavy D!, Vanessa, Axel Hawk, or Rick Strowd?

Oh, and I'd be cool with more old guys in the game, haha. Still wanna make the "Ojiisan" team, the natural evolution of the Oyaji team!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 27, 2011, 09:01:50 PM »
yeah i wanted the ojisan team since i saw them in 97 bg hk stage. tung, jubei & lee in 1 team is too cool. but not if it means having them over yamazaki though. or any of the other kof characters that i personally find more worthy(geese, krauser, silber, gai, anhel, mary, vanessa etc).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
I'd like to see a 1 on 1 vs Mode that could be played online. I'm one of those guys who have difficulty at getting really good at more than one character. Because my experience in past KOF games has been this: I pick one character that I'm pretty decent at and know a lot about (mostly Joe, but in 02 it was K9999) then a pretty basic character like 95' Kyo, then one character that looks like fun and I want to get better at. The fun character I picked gets destroyed in 2 seconds, I make 2 mistakes with Kyo (like doing an SRK and they don't jump, or doing a projectile just as they jump) and he's knocked out. Then I'm down to my main and I do okay, but by that point I have 1-2 other characters to fight and not enough life or Yomi magic to win.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #250 on: June 30, 2011, 12:53:03 AM »
Personally, I still want Adel to appear, only just to figure out what happened to the mouse at the end of XI.

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #251 on: June 30, 2011, 03:56:09 AM »
KOF should stay the way it is with characters that were previously in the game. There's a shitton of characters already in the KOF series, we don't need more.
NGBC could be used for out-of-KOF games. NGBC2?

Shen's like Makoto? Awesome.
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 30, 2011, 05:02:56 AM »
As much as I'd like to see Vanessa and Ramon return, I'd rather have new characters. Some of the characters from TFTP look cool and I think could be interesting in the game. If we have to have old characters, I'd like to see them advance. Honestly, I'd be excited for Billy Kane if he had given up the staff and used moves similar to Geese, kind of like the way Shingo is to Kyo.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #253 on: June 30, 2011, 05:22:21 AM »
Honestly, I'd be excited for Billy Kane if he had given up the staff and used moves similar to Geese, kind of like the way Shingo is to Kyo.

I'd hate to see him change THAT much, it it would be nice to see him get some Geese overtones. Like maybe an air stad downward, to mimic a Reppuuken, and a flame version of Raizing Storm.

But I agree with seeing character refreshed, expecially if it emphasizes what was unique about them in the first place. As example, Blue Mary losing a few of her old moves, in place of earning the ability to shift between multiple locks upon "attack grapple", would be pretty cool. It'd be great to see a throw character that could chain multiple throws together in a variety of ways. The few that Goro can do now are already pretty cool, but expand on the idea!

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 30, 2011, 06:29:17 AM »
A really useful feature would be a game speed change in training and/or challenge mode. I remember learning guitar and playing songs at maybe half speed, then maybe 70 percent, until 100 percent. A feature like that to practice combos would make an incredibly useful tool for novices like myself.