Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 87170 times)

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2011, 05:11:44 AM »
I kinda wish they kept the KOF XII voices.

WHAT DA HECK HAPPENED TO JOO?!  Robert's voiceactor is at his best in this game.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 22, 2011, 10:21:05 PM »
I kinda wish they kept the KOF XII voices.

WHAT DA HECK HAPPENED TO JOO?!  Robert's voiceactor is at his best in this game.

To be honest, I never had liked the English Voices in KOF XII.

And like most of you guys said, it wasn't needed before, but it is needed this time because like how DarKaoZ mentioned, this is the first time SNK is doing a Story Mode for a canonical KOF game. Besides, I can't even understand what Saiki and Evil Ash are saying if the game were to have Japanese voices only, and there are going to be no subtitles during matches, so I find subs to be useless for the in-game experience.

Anyway, observation time!

My newest observation is that since Johnny Yong Bosch, Cristina Vee, Cassandra Morris, Tony Oliver, Patrick Seitz, and Stephanie Sheh (Just to name a few) are guests at Otakon this year, I think this might hint at something related to the game or not... (Hints that the game might get a new English Dub after all? or, are they there just for fun?; I suggested them for Kyo, Athena, Kula, Takuma, Ralf, and Rose, respectively)

My new observation is just a theory/guess, so this is nothing official or whatever.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 10:24:08 PM by Mikel »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 22, 2011, 10:54:49 PM »
The english voices are incredibly bad, ryo sounds like an idiot, and Kyo really feels like a pussy, leona sounds like a man, and I can go and go

I had no problem with english voices, SF IV did an okay job, BB, not so much IMO, if somehow catherine VA could work in this game, they will had a good cast to make the voices

Waifu Material

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 22, 2011, 11:01:52 PM »
The english voices are incredibly bad, ryo sounds like an idiot, and Kyo really feels like a pussy, leona sounds like a man, and I can go and go

I had no problem with english voices, SF IV did an okay job, BB, not so much IMO, if somehow catherine VA could work in this game, they will had a good cast to make the voices

On what you said about Kyo, Leona, and Ryo's English Voices, that is exactly my view of the voice acting in KOF XII.

And Catherine uses PCB Productions for its English Dub, so if Atlus provides SNK with the assistance in the English voice acting for KOF XIII, there won't be a problem. SFIV, BB, and Catherine all use high-profile Anime voice actors. ;)

Take Laura Bailey (Who I wanted to see play Mai anyway) for example, she was Chun-Li in SFIV, Platinum in BB:CS, and Catherine in Catherine (Obviously). Her "Tohru Honda" voice, or her "Chun-Li" voice can be fitting enough for Mai anyway.

You can say that I am a supporter of Dual Language voice tracks.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 11:03:58 PM by Mikel »

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2011, 04:28:14 PM »
98 IORI...!!11!1!11!111!!! my wish came TRUE...

BILLY...!!! looks amazing...

SAIKI...!!! sooo using him... looks bad-ass...

NEW STAGES... so far i've seen 5-6? awesome!!!

p.s. - Drop Kick nerf... YES... other balance changes... THANK YOU SNK...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2011, 05:45:50 PM »
best news so far, no english voices (fuck yes), extra character and netcode.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 02, 2011, 05:09:01 PM »
bring b mary back ! please no seth and ramon
any info about introduction scenes like in the past episodes ?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 02, 2011, 07:06:52 PM »
agreed on seth and ramon, such retarded ass designs (same way chang, choi and hinako look retarded, same for bao, as awesome most of the designs are kof has also had some of the worst designs in fighters equal to crapcoms bs like fuerte).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 08, 2011, 04:31:58 AM »
From a business standpoint, the following characters can be updated with an alternative outfit:

Vice and Mature: Pre-XII oufits
Terry MOTW
Ryo Mr. Karate/ FFWA
Robert XI, AOF3, 2003
Leona and Clark: Pre-XII oufits
Chin 98
Kensou: 98, XI
Benimaru XI, 2K2
Andy 2k2
King 2k2
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:42:40 AM by AmedoS310 »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 08, 2011, 04:59:40 AM »
From a business standpoint, the following characters can be updated with an alternative outfit:

Terry MOTW
Ryo Mr. Karate/ FFWA
Robert XI, AOF3, 2003
Chin 98
Benimaru XI, 2K2
Andy 2k2
King 2k2

mmm, I can't see more alternative outfits on the game, but who knows

Waifu Material

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 09, 2011, 12:53:14 AM »
Whats with the ramon hate?

AzureTAG

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 11, 2011, 01:35:48 AM »

Terry MOTW
Ryo Mr. Karate/ FFWA
Robert XI, AOF3, 2003
Chin 98
Benimaru XI, 2K2
Andy 2k2
King 2k2

mmm, I can't see more alternative outfits on the game, but who knows

Athena's 98 or 94/95 costume would go with the classic KOF costumes list.

outlawslevin

• New Challenger
  • fight off your demons
    • View Profile
    • WiredController
« Reply #297 on: August 25, 2011, 04:57:25 AM »
So with SF3 Online Edition coming out, I got to taste GGPO on consoles, where as before it was on PC. I know a lot of us were hoping for GGPO for KoF13, and now we're praying for good netcode.

After experiencing Capcom's attempt with SF3 and GGPO on console though... I'm glad KoF13 isn't going to use it. It works great IF the person is in your region, and by far is the best IF your connections are good. If it's yellow bar or below though, it was a slide show for me. In games like SF4 or Blazblue when it gets laggy it gets choppy sure, but I much prefer that kind of lag then so many frames of animation being removed that a dash becomes a teleport from point A to point B.

I'm still wishing for god like net code, and it's possible since Blazblue CT has the best netcode of any console fighter this generation. My only other big hope is that they find a way to include spectator mode through DLC or a patch. MvC3 become a paperweight because I couldn't spectate matches with friends, and coupled together with crap online lag/matchmaking, my only games to enjoy were with friends in private lobbies. It's just too bad none of us had the patience to watch cards hump for more than 30 minutes before going our separate ways... and after a while we all just stopped putting the game in.

KoF13 NEEDS good netcode, but the importance of spectator mode is just a notch under that, because the majority of people buying the game WILL be casual to intermediate level play, and for them being able to spectate and BS around with friends is a must. Even for me, where I feel I'm a little better above intermediate at fighters, I NEED spectator mode to grind it out with 2 buddies, but not be bored when I'm not up fighting so I can watch my opponents and learn/see some patterns.

Final thing to note is SNK should take this time to at least invent a way for the game disc launch to have a method of inputting a spectator mode in a patch or as a DLC. I would see NO PROBLEM paying $5.00-$10.00 2-3 months after release for a spectator mode DLC, to help pay SNK for their extra development time after it.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 26, 2011, 10:22:56 PM »
So with SF3 Online Edition coming out, I got to taste GGPO on consoles, where as before it was on PC. I know a lot of us were hoping for GGPO for KoF13, and now we're praying for good netcode.

After experiencing Capcom's attempt with SF3 and GGPO on console though... I'm glad KoF13 isn't going to use it. It works great IF the person is in your region, and by far is the best IF your connections are good. If it's yellow bar or below though, it was a slide show for me. In games like SF4 or Blazblue when it gets laggy it gets choppy sure, but I much prefer that kind of lag then so many frames of animation being removed that a dash becomes a teleport from point A to point B.

I'm still wishing for god like net code, and it's possible since Blazblue CT has the best netcode of any console fighter this generation. My only other big hope is that they find a way to include spectator mode through DLC or a patch. MvC3 become a paperweight because I couldn't spectate matches with friends, and coupled together with crap online lag/matchmaking, my only games to enjoy were with friends in private lobbies. It's just too bad none of us had the patience to watch cards hump for more than 30 minutes before going our separate ways... and after a while we all just stopped putting the game in.

KoF13 NEEDS good netcode, but the importance of spectator mode is just a notch under that, because the majority of people buying the game WILL be casual to intermediate level play, and for them being able to spectate and BS around with friends is a must. Even for me, where I feel I'm a little better above intermediate at fighters, I NEED spectator mode to grind it out with 2 buddies, but not be bored when I'm not up fighting so I can watch my opponents and learn/see some patterns.

Final thing to note is SNK should take this time to at least invent a way for the game disc launch to have a method of inputting a spectator mode in a patch or as a DLC. I would see NO PROBLEM paying $5.00-$10.00 2-3 months after release for a spectator mode DLC, to help pay SNK for their extra development time after it.

First and foremost, welcome to Dreamcancel.  Make sure you introduce yourself properly when you get a chance).

That's a great first post and a lengthy write up.  I was unaware that the GGPO port was less than successful for SF3OE, I thought it would have gone without a hitch especially after demoing it at EVO.

We're all crossing our figures when it comes to netcode and I'm sure SNKP will deliver when the time comes.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2011, 04:14:02 AM »
I will love to see the option to upload replays on a dedicated server

For example, for those with a kinect, you can upload videos on kinectshare.com

I think that the next step should be being able to upload the replays to that page, and then you can do whatever you want with them.

I think that is better than uploading the videos directly on youtube.

Problem is, I now that maybe the money cost will not be worthy for the company, but who knows, is something that I will love to see one day (Yes, I know, 33, but I hadn't liked that much the feature to be honest)

Waifu Material