Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 87172 times)

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #300 on: September 01, 2011, 05:38:31 PM »
GGPO works fine for 3SOE,it just if one persons connection sucks of course it's going to be bad. And seeing how you can control  how much teleporting goes on *By setting smoothing* the teleporting can go down but that will affect input delay. To act like 3SOE online wise failed is foolish.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 06, 2011, 03:09:53 PM »
In my opinion, GGPO is better off being used in Capcom-developed games that are getting a re-release, like 3SOE. That is probably as to why I couldn't see GGPO working in KOF XIII.

Also, in the Atlus forums... I just had to tell everyone to shut up for me to prevent another flamewar from breaking out over English Dubs.

Plus, while I do like dubs and subs (Only the official subtitled releases, fansubs suck in my opinion), I just don't want anymore flamewars to break out over this. I thank MUSOLINI for knocking some sense into my mind about this.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:23:13 PM by Mikel »

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 06, 2011, 04:03:15 PM »
I'm really not concerned about the netcode. I think those guys know what their market demands.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 06, 2011, 04:18:37 PM »
I'm really not concerned about the netcode. I think those guys know what their market demands.

Netcode was the biggest concern in KOF XII, and the reason why XII's netcode failed was because it was designed for excellent broadband completely, as confirmed by Gunsmith of Orochinagi. One of SNK's primary focuses are the netcode itself.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 06, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
In my opinion, GGPO is better off being used in Capcom-developed games that are getting a re-release, like 3SOE. That is probably as to why I couldn't see GGPO working in KOF XIII.

Also, in the Atlus forums... I just had to tell everyone to shut up for me to prevent another flamewar from breaking out over English Dubs.

Plus, while I do like dubs and subs (Only the official subtitled releases, fansubs suck in my opinion), I just don't want anymore flamewars to break out over this. I thank MUSOLINI for knocking some sense into my mind about this.
dude you have to remember a good amount of atlus fans are weeaboos(look up the term yourself) they'll cry foul about anything if it has english subs

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
  • I want GEESE in KOF XIII!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 18, 2011, 09:35:53 AM »
Geese Howard...nuff said!

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 18, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
so far im really happy with all the content were getting. theonlyletdownso far has been the characters that where announced, mainly because besides billy theyre all pallette swaps. even though flame iori and rekka kyo play diffeently because of their specials, they alsoplay similar because of their normals. basically not having yamazaki or geese or oslwaldare my main gripes. rest of the content is on snk's old levellike in the UM games and kof xi, whichallhad great content. cept now we possibly also get a  great netcode with it.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 18, 2011, 03:12:21 PM »
I saw a wishing star pass through the dark city last night and I said why the hell not, wished XIII used supercade as it's netcode, I'm sure the wishing star won't let me down...

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 18, 2011, 03:31:42 PM »
i hope it will.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 19, 2011, 06:43:30 AM »
Wow... I didn't think that dubs would be that big of a deal. Personally, English dubs isn't something that this game needs. Especially if they're gonna be as bad as the ones from KOF XII. Those were really awful.

N4Us

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 19, 2011, 07:03:47 AM »
Kyo's XII dub better be an unlockable, or else I'll cancel my preorder.

"How'd you like that heat?"

I also cracked up at the rushed losing quips

"THISISNTTHENDYOUKNOW"
So hateful.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2011, 05:06:28 PM »
Wow... I didn't think that dubs would be that big of a deal. Personally, English dubs isn't something that this game needs. Especially if they're gonna be as bad as the ones from KOF XII. Those were really awful.

Here is my stance on dubs:

Half of the time, the original Japanese voices suck. (Look at Yuri for example, her Japanese voice in the KOF series is annoying). But seriously, this dub bashing is getting old, and the only people that hate dubs are those that watch subs, you guys really need to get used to a dub, even if it is bad.

What this game needs in a future update is a good English dub, and judging from the KOF XIII pre-order sales, that might happen. While I do respect those that like subs, I prefer dubs more.

There is a reason of why Japanese games have a voice language option, so you can switch to the original Japanese voices if you don't want to use the English voices, but people like me will keep the voices to English.

And while I do like subs, they happen to suck half of the time, so in my stance:

Fuck subs, live with a dub. (Counter to MUSOLINI's "Fuck a dub, live with subs")
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 05:14:51 PM by Mikel »

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 22, 2011, 05:36:24 PM »
Yeah, whatever, but the game is not going to have english dub.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Amedø310

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 22, 2011, 05:48:10 PM »
Uhh.... english dubs... is that what would brings in money? like really, will that even increase sells more than the game having good net code or being less glitchy?

Even if the game had dubs... I'm sure the dubs would have to be like dynasty warriors4+ dubs with well known voice actors or people who can bring the people to like their japanese counter part. There's no need for dubs if the dubs turn out just as bad as SB3... with characters like Masamune and Yukimura left souless.

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 22, 2011, 05:57:01 PM »
Uhh.... english dubs... is that what would brings in money? like really, will that even increase sells more than the game having good net code or being less glitchy?

Even if the game had dubs... I'm sure the dubs would have to be like dynasty warriors4+ dubs with well known voice actors or people who can bring the people to like their japanese counter part. There's no need for dubs if the dubs turn out just as bad as SB3... with characters like Masamune and Yukimura left souless.

Well, it will help newcomers understand what the characters are saying if they don't really understand Japanese. And besides, it will be annoying for newcomers if the game has only Japanese voice acting.

The Netcode; however, was a bigger complaint in XII than the voice acting, so I don't see why people would whine over voices if the netcode was actually XII's weak point.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:00:24 PM by Mikel »